The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By *nub*
I sold some semi slicks to someone in Spain that's all I remember! Yeah pretty sure it was you then, so many usernames in my head [emoji4]
By ADRi NH674P
Not much to report yet.

Car is back with everything installed (a2 oil pump, baffled pan, injectors and reinforced valvetrain) except for the cams. Still waiting for the dyno.

Also, tired of my exedy stage 1 clutch shaking if not enough power given to start moving, i ended up swapping the oem clutch master cylinder for an oem honda civic em2 one. No more shaking. Now i can start moving on 1st gear just by clutch pedal releasing like oem clutch. Gear changes have also improved.

On the other hand, some minor changes that hopefuly will make the car handle better on track.

Before (full tank)

And after (3/4)

And of course, its new tyres for road use

Last edited by ADRi NH674P on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Simple Simon
I presume when you had your car cover weighted you had a ballast in the drivers seat? (to replicate you sitting in the car)
Just wondering, as I came in at 1300kg on the dot with full interior, ballast and 1/2 a tank of fuel.
Can't tell from your pics wether the rear of your car is stripped out or not? Nice comparison either way.
By Lewisgame
Simple Simon wrote:I presume when you had your car cover weighted you had a ballast in the drivers seat? (to replicate you sitting in the car)
Just wondering, as I came in at 1300kg on the dot with full interior, ballast and 1/2 a tank of fuel.
Can't tell from your pics wether the rear of your car is stripped out or not? Nice comparison either way.
That's about right. Mine came in at 1200kg. Basically full interior with A/C, half a tank of fuel, without driver. I weigh around 75-80kg (depending how many pies I've eaten) making it not far off 1300kg
By ADRi NH674P
First picture (1260kg) was without me (just wanted to see how much car weighted).

Car has full interior (a/c, windows, seats, plastics, spare wheel, everything...) plus an audio system on the back.

And now you saying it, when I had the car cover weighted (second picture) yes, 75 kilos were placed on the driver seat. Only difference from first picture is a full exhaust system (headers & 3" exhaust). Maybe some kilos were shaved here, but that much? I will ask him again to make sure he used a ballast as there is quite a lot of difference between both pictures; but he is a reputable mechanic with more than 10 years working on ep3s so i'm sure he did it the right way. But now i'm curious about why there is so much difference in weight...
By ADRi NH674P
Here are some pictures of my custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust I took yesterday.

And a random picture to see clearance between a 17x8 et33 rim and the rear arm (around 2cms)

By *nub*
How loud is it mate, I see you scraped it already [emoji3]
What's that near the manifold collector, a small silencer ? Or a sports cat?
By ADRi NH674P
*nub* wrote:How loud is it mate, I see you scraped it already [emoji3]
What's that near the manifold collector, a small silencer ? Or a sports cat?
ADRi NH674P wrote:Today finally picked up the car after two weeks (for tomorrows trackdays as it's already paid) so it must be finished yes or yes...

Just got the headers and the exhaust done, nothing big. Still waiting for the cams, pump, pan, injectors etc to be installed and car tuned, but at least I can hear the engine sing again.

Here's a little clip.

I personally love it, plus it has its CE stamp for MOTs, etc so really happy with it.
Here are some more clips

Scrapped because of the speed bumps ("speed mountains" on my town). As it was custom made, exhaust sits pretty high for being 3".

What you see after the header is a 200cel Magnaflow cat.
By Simple Simon
3" set up sounds nice! I find mine drones like crazy at cruising speeds (having it sorted soon) what's it like normal driving? Much louder than 2.5" for you?

Ah that clearance is nothing! I run 8.5J ET32! Haha
Just have to run a bit more camber for it not to touch. Lol
By ADRi NH674P
These are 8J et33 with 2º of camber.

A friend of mine is running evo 8 wheels (8J et38) with 1º of camber and had issues with the clearance.

About the exhaust, it just drones at around 4k on uphills with light gas pedal. Can't really compare it with a 2,5" because the Toyosports spoon n1 replica didn't sound too loud.
By ADRi NH674P
Saturday car was finally tuned on the dyno. As you don't know the dyno because I don't live on the UK, a stock FN2 made 204cv on it.

Here are the results:
FB_IMG_1454918907314.jpg
IMG-20160208-WA0001-1-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By ADRi NH674P
A little update as since I adopted a Spanish Greyhound on February I left the car a bit aside.

Got a trackday booked and paid on February 6th to test the new engine after its tunning, but unfortunately that day arrived my new four legs lovely partner, so prefered to go and receive it myself rather than sending another person.

So that last Sunday, I finally was able to try the car on track again, with all the new setups (engine and suspension)

Here's the result:

Temperature was unbearable, 36º air temperature, with oem water radiator (plus ac radiator at the front...). At least the oil radiator kept oil temperatures down, but water was literally boiling (check engine appeared four times)

Need to find a gap and install the Tegiwa water radiator I received some months ago, otherwise next time I could break something...
By ADRi NH674P
Last Saturday tracked the car again, that time on slicks (was my first time ever on slicks).

Really enjoied the car a LOT!

On some corners I noticed a bit of understeering so next time will try to "play" with the suspension settings to see if I can improve the handling a bit more.

By *nub*
You're a sh-t driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in 23 seconds:
Jokes [emoji846][emoji1303][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]