The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By ADRi NH674P
Some laps of the first session.

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]

As was the first time running those coilovers, i jumped in with street hardness and tyre pressures to see how it handled. Too much fender rubbing as i already mentioned above. Fixed that on second part of the day.
By ADRi NH674P
And some of the second session.

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]

Hardened the coils to the max and checked the tyre pressures.

Still suffered from some tyre rubbing but this time was due to the street rims so nothing could be done.
By ADRi NH674P
Finally everything arrived safely.

Also made a deposit to buy the 3" magnaflow silencers and catalytic converter for the custom exhaust.

By 160mph_boy
What size are those wheels in the track pics? 16's or summat! they look small...
By ADRi NH674P
*nub* wrote:Did you go for the 4-1 then? That's what it looks like
Nope Nub. 4-1 was the setup of the guy i bought the header from. I will run the 4-2-1 configuration as i won't rev beyond 8k plus the cams i've purchased are more focused on torque rather than top power.
160mph_boy wrote:What size are those wheels in the track pics? 16's or summat! they look small...
They are 17 inch mate. 17x8 +33 CE28N wrapped with 215/45 Nubs A048 tyres.
By *nub*
Fair enough mate, never see any 4-1s on ep3s except mine :(.I'm sure that's better than any aftermarket you can buy though. Hope the tyres serve you well (as long as they last) and they couldn't be on better rims lol
By ADRi NH674P
Thanks Doug. Mine is really a straight build, but yours is really an amazing build. You're doing a great job mate.

Btw, last week arrived this.

Wanted to give it a try since I saw it on Areas race car, and then on Ashs car.
By AdamB92
Just read all of this. Cracking car buddy, and nothing but quality parts!
Certainly interested in keeping my eye on this :bigthumb:
By ADRi NH674P
Yesterday fitted the engine mounts and the new pads, as the AP ones that came with the kit ain't any good.

Fall in love with the new pads from the first time I pushed the pedal.

About the mounts... Totally transformed the car onto another one. Except for the rear view mirror vibrations at low rpms i love them. Can't wait to try them properly on track.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]