The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By decoep3
I tapped the intake pipe and threaded the iat sensor to go into it . Abit sealer and its not coming out
Iv ran the bov off the port on the side of manifold that breader normally runs off
And im going to get a fitting into intake pipe just before manifold for the wastegate as alot ppl say dont run it on a vacuum source ..
Jonezy you run it in manifold yeah ? And all fine ?
By jonezy
I run waste gate off the reference on the turbo.

All the rest of the vacs I run off the manifold though. I don't like T pieces so each has its own source
By decoep3
I got the 90° angle pipe 102mm pipe
its a chunky pipe
I was just eyeing up a filter i had there for what type of space i have and id fit in a big filter no probs . Going to get a k&n filter with 102mm flange so fits straight onto that pipe .bigger filter and flow rate the better ?
By decoep3
Down pipe nearly done . Air filter on route
Fuel lines and connectors sorted . Thanks conalmcn and jonezy for organising the connectors .
Car is in for tuning on the 16th so only 2 weeks .
:cool:
By decoep3
Yeah i can manage to get it in by removing the rear engine mount bracket complete and then it will come in or out . Bit tight but doable haha
By decoep3
phone hasnt been letting me post on this all week
updates are i have it up and running today , loaded base map and sounds mental different even at idle
no leaks or issues as of yet , touch wood haha
had it running for over an hour
pics and video from this weeks progress
still waiting on air filter and fuel line / fittings , bank holiday week delayed it

By decoep3
jonezy wrote:Good work!

Exhaust got that slightly scooby burble?

Yeah jonezy it does
i thought it was miss firing when i started it
By *nub*
In NA I heard runners need to be equal length for optimum flow but I'd love my EP3 to sound like a scooby! Any reason why it wouldn't work on my NA EP3? :D
By JDP
Its header length why they sound weird, nigh impossible to get equal length on a sidewinder so does sound a lot different, they loose the rasp that NA k20s have
By decoep3
only two more days till its tuning time , everything seems to be good and running well
had it running at high idle 3500 rpm for awhile to get temps up high etc .

By decoep3
well after a long drive to galway with civic on trailer for mapping . he had it on dyno and mapping for afew hours but car is suffering from boost creep
on gate only at 5psi spring the boost is making up to 10psi by 6000 rpm
we checked gate operation etc and its fine . its the location of how the gate comes out of manifold that is causing the issue (90 degree) on side of mani
he had tuned another one not so long ago with it coming from base of manifold at a 90 and was fine .
iv to try modify it now to be more in flow with the manifold
ill be taken manifold back off dis morning
other then that , car sounds mental and everything else is ok
he has to still do hi cam and finish off the rest of mapping once i have creeping sorted
using a 45mm turbo smart gate with 5 psi spring

By Delboy23
Hard news for you pal. Hope you get it sorted asap!

It was mine he had tuned with the same WG setup. Strange to hear you had creep issues!
By decoep3
Thanks del
I was looking at ur pipe setup alright. I think your gate pipe etc is alot bigger . What gate size you running ?
By decoep3

Thats my manifold back off now . big difference . Hes sending me a manifold with gate on bottom . So hopefully sorts it and comes asap :???:
By JDP
Shouldnt suffer from boost kreep with a 45mm gate there tbh man!!! Kreep can be controlled with the timing to a certain degree.
When i was twinscroll, i blanked one gate off conpletely and only suffered with kreep at around 7500rpm, but 2 cylinders were still feeding the turbo. Lol
If yours is kreeping there then mine is going to majorly, but as of yet, it hasnt. Mapping on 26th so i'll post the results hahaha
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]