The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By decoep3

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
Delboy23 wrote:When you back up at kirky again bud?
Id say it will be april time pal . Iv to organise a diff and bearings for box now and few other bits . Get it road legal and then strip it for cage . Think ill try get mondello is first as i haven't got out there in long time . Great track be interesting with the more power etc

Added in 41 seconds:
Id say it will be april time pal . Iv to organise a diff and bearings for box now and few other bits . Get it road legal and then strip it for cage . Think ill try get mondello is first as i haven't got out there in long time . Great track be interesting with the more power etc
By Delboy23
decoep3 wrote:Image

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:

Added in 41 seconds:
Good man, hope to be there too. Which diff you going for, Wavetrac?
You going for slicks as well? Bit harsh on it would it not?

How often is mondello on? I asked Aonghus about it and he says there's a lot of forum organised days out there. Definitely getting to mondello at some point this year!
By decoep3
Yeah im planning on wavetrac
Seems the best option to go with
I bought achilles semi slicks last week
Will go full slicks after i give these a go
Yeah there is a fund racer on every year in mondello . Think its on in may . Ill be booking in defo . U should too . Whats ur facebook account and ill link u to keep ya updated on whats coming up .
Mondello does be on a lot . Aleast once a month and doing some more events this year like auto hearos etc
Octane track days hold events there as well . Does be great buzz . Loads nice cars out for the crack . No shams on track at any of them
By Delboy23
decoep3 wrote:Yeah im planning on wavetrac
Seems the best option to go with
I bought achilles semi slicks last week
Will go full slicks after i give these a go
Yeah there is a fund racer on every year in mondello . Think its on in may . Ill be booking in defo . U should too . Whats ur facebook account and ill link u to keep ya updated on whats coming up .
Mondello does be on a lot . Aleast once a month and doing some more events this year like auto hearos etc
Octane track days hold events there as well . Does be great buzz . Loads nice cars out for the crack . No shams on track at any of them
Where did you buy them from bud? I'm looking tyres too but not settled on what to buy yet..
Sounds good, I'll pm you my number. Don't use Facebook. Mates were down last year and said it was a well run setup, food was certainly better than kirky lol
By decoep3
Removed gearbox and stripped counter shaft bearings noisy and second gear and hub worn . So all bits ordered . Wavetrac diff landed today from TDI north . Tasty bit of kit . Few pics
Also new genuine master cylinder and braided line

By decoep3
Well its been a long time since iv updated this . Time to get it back going again .
The car hasnt moved since augest last year as i wrecked the gearbox on track at honda day ireland in mondello . Second gear got ripped off the shaft
I lost interest as very busy in winter so back at it now .
I got internals from a euro r that are longer 2nd -6th gears . It was cheap so said id give them a go . Second should be alot more user friendly now (maybe) haha .
I polybushed all the suspension
Replaced the old teins with meisterR gt1s
Upgraded all engine mountnd
Also running 235/45r17 tyres now and had to.roll front arches a bit to ensure no hitting . Running 2.5° camber all round
Mishimoto radiator and mishimoto 12' fan
I have a full 6 point safety devices cage to go in . Will start that soon .
The car is full back together now and running so will get all my pictures etc togather and update later today .

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]