The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By AndyK83
Hi All,

I'm new to the site and thought id start a small build thread for my EP3. I got it in November last year and it was a great buy with fsh, year mot and a few months tax. It had been very well looked after by the previous owner who was only selling as he needed a bigger family car. It had done only just over 40k and it was the first one I viewed and had to have it, was a great blast back from Bath. The car was completely standard and I wont be going mad with it as I intend to keep it long term and enjoy it. The car in in excellent condition inside and out, with only a few small marks and the odd car park ding that I would like sorting. I had a mate of mine who is a Detailer give it a going over a couple of months ago, it was clayed, waxed, machine polished and it the results were awesome. So far I have got a Mugen Carbon gear knob, aero wipers, Team Heko wind deflectors, a brand new set of oem Type R mats as the old ones looked worn and the drivers one had a hole in it. I also have a Cobra Sports cat-back exhaust with a 4" jap can for a good price. It looks and sounds great, not too loud. Most recently the day before Modified Nationals I got my AEM V2 fitted, really happy with it, again it looks great and I noticed right away that the car feels a bit more responsive.

Plans:

Eibach lowering springs
JDM ARB
FRSU
RBC inlet
Manifold but don't want to lose the cat and unsure about sport cats (advice welcome)
K100
Alloys
Fit my Alpine headunit
Ground Zero door speakers.
Carbon bonnet and spoiler

Ill leave a few pics now and any comments are welcome, thanks for looking.

Andy :cool:

Last edited by AndyK83 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
By AndyK83
Hi guys got a few parts custom painted from a guy on TRO so thought I'd post some pics here. I'm really happy with how they came out and they look awesome. Now think I need the rocker cover doing at some point.

Andy [emoji41]

By AndyK83
Thanks mate I was thinking black or red for the rocker cover. The handles I like, not everyone will I'm sure. But they are different and stand out a bit :)
By AndyK83
Another update for the civic. Finally after way too long I've got my Alpine headunit fitted along with my custom FA centre console, really happy with how it looks. Lots more id like done but wont be till I have spare cash lol

Andy :cool:

By jtc
Burgs wrote:Looks very clean example mate. Where'd you get the door sills from?
Search and ye shall find them for sale on here [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By AndyK83
Another quick update. I got myself a Skunk2 gearknob with some money I had for Xmas. Looks a lot better than the fake mugen one I had before

By Knite Force
Lovely mileage, and a really great car to modify. The things you did with the dash and doors are not my kinda thing, for me they are way too present. But it's your car, so just do with it what you want ;) Just don't get carried away too much mate :D
By AndyK83
Thanks for the comments mate. I've done all I want to inside bar premier or dc5 seats if I could afford them. Service and Eibachs tomorrow, can't wait
By *nub*
well the AEM2 is controversial, arguably it loses power and many say it feels less responsive but i'm sure it sounds good. You may want to consider swapping it if you intend to go for a remap later down the line. someone made a thread about the manifold decat/sports cat issue the other day and I posted some advice on there if you can find it
By AndyK83
Well its been on the car since May and I'd say its more responsive than standard. Yes I think saw the thread. If I had the funds I'd go all out and take it to TDI North for a turbo. For now I'm happy and love the car as much as I did when I bought it. I thought about manifold but can't justify the cost of that plus k100, maybe in the future, who knows :)
By AndyK83
That's not bad with the mods I have and a remap. Will be a while before I could do anymore engine wise anyway, slow project but I will be keeping this long term so no rush
By AndyK83
Just got the civic back from having its service. Everything is fine. Its had new engine and gearbox oil, new NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs, filters and pollen filters, valve clearances done. And I've had my Eibach Sportlines fitted and tracking and alignment done. Only thing it will need is discs and pads towards the next mot at the end of the year. I had it all done for 250 by a very good friend of mine at his work and I'm really pleased with everything and the car pulls better as well now. Quick pic of the sportlines fitted and couple of in progress shots. I'll get more when on level ground and when its clean lol :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]