The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By 160mph_boy
Same kit as i have on mine^^ just wait until you get FRSU mate. truly amazing handling :smile:
By JackEP3Premier
What do you think of the ABP's? Looking forward to getting them fitted! Also- should i wait a few days to let them settle before i get my FRSU done?
By 160mph_boy
I find them really good, the ride is firm but not as crashy as you might think it would be.

I would just get it all done at the same time personally.
By cossiemark
JackEP3Premier wrote:Springs are in and FRSU is done. Man what a difference!
might look a bit thick here but what is FRSU?
By JackEP3Premier
The FRSU is was stands for Fast Road Setup. Basically it is where you get the cars geometry set up to given settings. I got the ABP Eibach 30mm progressive lowering springs, front camber bolts and rear camber arms. I got these fitted and then took it to a place that sets up rally cars, and gave them the settings provided by ABP and the guy set it up to this.

Made a massive difference to the ride quality and handling! Awesome!

I will do, perfect height imo!
By cossiemark
JackEP3Premier wrote:The FRSU is was stands for Fast Road Setup. Basically it is where you get the cars geometry set up to given settings. I got the ABP Eibach 30mm progressive lowering springs, front camber bolts and rear camber arms. I got these fitted and then took it to a place that sets up rally cars, and gave them the settings provided by ABP and the guy set it up to this.

Made a massive difference to the ride quality and handling! Awesome!

I will do, perfect height imo!
what does it cost?
By JackEP3Premier
For everything:

ABP Eibach Springs - £150
Eibach Front Camber Bolts - £25
Eibach Rear Camber Arms - £135
FRSU and Wheel Alignment - £50 (this is what they charged me, took about 1hr 30 to do, will vary depending on labour cost and garage geo setup prices)
By cossiemark
JackEP3Premier wrote:For everything:

FRSU and Wheel Alignment - £50 (this is what they charged me, took about 1hr 30 to do, will vary depending on labour cost and garage geo setup prices)
ok ta mate
By JackEP3Premier
cossiemark wrote:

ok ta mate
No prob, ya thinking of getting it done?
By cossiemark
JackEP3Premier wrote:
cossiemark wrote:

ok ta mate
No prob, ya thinking of getting it done?
ye got springs just need the rest.
By JackEP3Premier
Honestly couldn't recommend it more to you! Get in touch with Dave @ ABP Motorsport, he'll sort ya out! Very helpful too!
By JackEP3Premier
James_M wrote:Sounds good, get some pics up when you can dude :smile:
Heres a couple of snaps of it now!

IMO the height is perfect ! its not far away from the height i had the coilovers set to before..
By JackEP3Premier
So next thing up for the car was new tyres, went for Toyo Proxes T1R all round! There was budget tyres on the car before when i bought it and the Toyo's are a good improvement! These are 205/45/17 now, with the previous tyres being 40, have to say i prefer the 45 height in look! Here's a couple of wee side shots of the car now :)

and another very similar !
By Johnnyswitch81
I use toyos proxes t1r's have been using them for years, amazing tyres in the dry, not so great in the wet, thinking of changing them this year to Goodyear eagle f1's.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]