The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Type R-Matic wrote:Looks great that jack. Definitely going to go for the mugen spoiler. Which version is that one? looks good.

Which eibach springs are they? makes mine look lifted in comparison :lol:

Thanks Buddy! Yeah I'm pretty pleased with it now i have to say :) The Mugen wing is really nice and lots of people always comment on it, even people who aren't even into cars say its a really nice rear spoiler you have!! haha and i really like it colour coded to the car just the plain grey, lots have carbon and stuff on them but I'm not so into that! I don't know what version it is unfortunately as i got it on the car when i bought it, but i have to say the fit is perfect! You can see from the pics on page 3 that the fit is good and there is not even the nearest sign of rattling or anything!

The Eibach Springs are the ABP ones, they are 30mm drop all round. I think its the perfect height, where i live the roads are pretty bad and the car although firm is still pretty comfortable to sit in and it handles so well and i don't catch on any speed bumps or anything! When they were fitted i also got Eibach SPC Rear Camber Arms and Eibach front camber bolts and a FRSU which made so much difference and i don't recommend lowering it without this being done too!
JackEP3Premier wrote:
Type R-Matic wrote:Looks great that jack. Definitely going to go for the mugen spoiler. Which version is that one? looks good.

Thanks Buddy! Yeah I'm pretty pleased with it now i have to say :) The Mugen wing is really nice and lots of people always comment on it, even people who aren't even into cars say its a really nice rear spoiler you have!! haha and i really like it colour coded to the car just the plain grey, lots have carbon and stuff on them but I'm not so into that! I don't know what version it is unfortunately as i got it on the car when i bought it, but i have to say the fit is perfect! You can see from the pics on page 3 that the fit is good and there is not even the nearest sign of rattling or anything!

The Eibach Springs are the ABP ones, they are 30mm drop all round. I think its the perfect height, where i live the roads are pretty bad and the car although firm is still pretty comfortable to sit in and it handles so well and i don't catch on any speed bumps or anything! When they were fitted i also got Eibach SPC Rear Camber Arms and Eibach front camber bolts and a FRSU which made so much difference and i don't recommend lowering it without this being done too!
Yeh I thought it looked a real good fit on the pictures. Was 50/50 on one but going to have to find a one now.

I see, well I shall have to get them as well then. Love the look of them and better handling is never bad. Not the best when it comes to suspension things so thanks for the advise :bigthumb:
If you look back through my posts i think i explained to someone what it does. But if you need more help give me a shout!
Type R-Matic wrote:
JackEP3Premier wrote:

Yeh I thought it looked a real good fit on the pictures. Was 50/50 on one but going to have to find a one now.

I see, well I shall have to get them as well then. Love the look of them and better handling is never bad. Not the best when it comes to suspension things so thanks for the advise :bigthumb:
By JackEP3Premier
JackEP3Premier wrote:The FRSU is was stands for Fast Road Setup. Basically it is where you get the cars geometry set up to given settings. I got the ABP Eibach 30mm progressive lowering springs, front camber bolts and rear camber arms. I got these fitted and then took it to a place that sets up rally cars, and gave them the settings provided by ABP and the guy set it up to this.

Made a massive difference to the ride quality and handling! Awesome!

I will do, perfect height imo!
This is it ^
ADRi NH674P wrote:We need to know where this spoiler was bought lol

Does anyone know how i would find out? Does it say anywhere on them or is there any key signs of telling which one it is?
By Type R-Matic
JackEP3Premier wrote:
JackEP3Premier wrote:The FRSU is was stands for Fast Road Setup. Basically it is where you get the cars geometry set up to given settings. I got the ABP Eibach 30mm progressive lowering springs, front camber bolts and rear camber arms. I got these fitted and then took it to a place that sets up rally cars, and gave them the settings provided by ABP and the guy set it up to this.

Made a massive difference to the ride quality and handling! Awesome!

I will do, perfect height imo!
This is it ^

Ahh I see. I get it now. Makes sense, i'll have to make sure to have it set up correctly

thanks again :-D
[/quote]

Ahh I see. I get it now. Makes sense, i'll have to make sure to have it set up correctly

thanks again :-D[/quote]

Basically the Camber and Toe set up correctly for good handling! Yeah be sure to do it, its a good improvement!
JackEP3Premier wrote:
ADRi NH674P wrote:We need to know where this spoiler was bought lol

Does anyone know how i would find out? Does it say anywhere on them or is there any key signs of telling which one it is?
As it doesn't have a Mugen badge on the back (that means it's not genuine) only chance of knowing the brand would be taking it off the car and see on the inside, or ask the previous owner :mrgreen:
Lovely car. Just getting FRSU soon. Just need some camber bolts and arms not going to bother with springs. Interesting with the settings when you mentioned its 1m toe out front didnt know it was 0.5 each side to make a total of 1. Standard FRSU is −1 cam all round 1mm toe out front, 2mm in rear. I just assumed that meant 2mm out on each rear wheel and 1m in on each front wheel. What mileage did you pick her up on?
shane147 wrote:Lovely car. Just getting FRSU soon. Just need some camber bolts and arms not going to bother with springs. Interesting with the settings when you mentioned its 1m toe out front didnt know it was 0.5 each side to make a total of 1. Standard FRSU is −1 cam all round 1mm toe out front, 2mm in rear. I just assumed that meant 2mm out on each rear wheel and 1m in on each front wheel. What mileage did you pick her up on?
Thanks appreciate it! Yes its a great thing to get done, the geometry from Honda was never good from factory and varied a lot. Even picking up the Eibach Pro Kit which is very subtle could be an option for you... the Eibach springs are great! Yeah so total toe means the over all toe on the front or rear, so if its 1mm total toe in that equates to 0.5mm toe in either side giving a total of 1mm total toe in. Yeah it had just turned 51,000 when i bought it!
Yes, they will improve handling a lot! They are a progressive spring meaning that the first part of the spring that you'd be riding on normal driving on straightish roads is soft meaning theres a nice a comfy in normal driving, but the furthur part of the spring is firmer so when you're pressing on down a wee back road or throwing it into corners with a bit more force the car is firmer and handles so well!! I totally recommend the springs- depending on how mow you want or whether you want to keep it looking stock Eibach offer the Pro Kit which is 15mm lowering and looks very standard extremely subtle, then theres the ABP kit which i Have which is 30mm all round and ten the sportline which is 45mm front 30 mm rear!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]