The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
So its been a while since I've bought something for the car, well over a year, so earlier last week i ordered a catback. I went for the Tegiwa Catback. It is a basically a Fujitsubo RM01A. The reasons i went for this were the reports of it being a very quiet system and the fact the tailpipe is small, I'm not really into the whole big canon idea so this seemed a good bet! I don't want something droney loud, just something for a wee bit of fun when i want it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get it on soon, and i will report back with pics and a small summary of what i think. But for now, some pics of it in the box! :bigthumb:

Anyway, thats all for now. Will report back in a while!
So i managed to get the catback on! A bit of a run down on it:

Fit and finish: excellent! Looks a real good and sturdy made exhaust. Size of the tailpipe is perfect, its there but its not a drain pipe!
Performance: The piping is a good bit bigger than the standard system, looks like a good flowing system. The car overall does go better for it, it feels like its really flowing better!
Sound: It makes most of its noise on the initial start up rev and when pulling away from junctions. When the cars idling you wouldn't know it is there inside, outside yeah you can tell its a little deeper but it is definitely not barking at you. When you are cruising along, you literally wouldn't know it was there, 40 -70mph its not there. When you step on it you can hear it come alive a bit, its right what i expected. Makes a lovely noise, refined and throaty, not raspy, and it makes glorious little crackles and pops when in vtec changing gear!

If anyone has any questions, fire away and ill try answer them for you! Ill leave you all with some pics! :bigthumb:

Last edited by JackEP3Premier on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny Fastard wrote:What happened to the Mugen spoiler Jack??
Hey Hey!!! Well spotted! I was waiting to see if someone would pick up on that!

Basically just fancied a wee change! The mugen is all I've ever seen on my car, so fired on the standard! ITs like 6 wee bolts, 5 min job!

I like the brake light !
jdw88rm wrote:Looking good Jack lad. Anymore plans for the near future?
Thanks buddy! No plans, i think thats me done! But time will tell!

Im not power chasing, I'm maybe of the old school thought if i want more power ill buy something faster. But for what i need a car for currently with practicality being a drummer and cyclist and a petrol head, it is bang on! I love it!
Hi guys,

So the only thing left on the car which needed tending was the haziness on the headlights that these cars are soo famous for. It was tackled with a DA Polisher and Chemical Guys V34, V36 and V38! It did a fabulous job and they came up really good! No sanding was done!

The right headlight has been done and the left has not.

Pretty pleased now, the car inside and out is pretty darn immaculate!

Thanks!
Thanks Jake!

Yeah the headlights are looking good now, aswell as the light output and its helped the whole front of the car looks wise (well to me anyway!)

Tegiwa catback is a great piece of kit. First of all the points i bought it for was a littlw more noise but not loud, and it is just that. Its sound sporty but mot blaring. Doesnt drone and you wouldnt know it was there! When your doing 60 or 70 all you can hear is road noise, but it opens out nicely. Paul at TDI north said it was the best alrounder !

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]