The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
ctr-lib wrote:Loving the way your ep is going!

How did you find swapping the diff?

I'm possibly looking at attempting it myself but I'm put off by taking gear sets out and selector folks ect
The hardest part I found was splitting the box casing. The sealant acts like a glue.
The gear set and selector forks come out really easy. Just make sure you keep them all together.
You'll need a puller to pull the speedo drive off the old diff. You need to be really careful as it's fairly fragile. I bought new diff bearings as they're only cheap and saves hassle trying to pull the old ones off.
I used this as a basic guide. It's a little off as it's an American 5 speed box but the basics are the same
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to ... ederated=1
Got all the ball joints and bushes fitted. Bit of a time consuming job to achieve not a lot.
To fit the ball joints I decided to stick the ball joints in the freezer the night before. Then heat up the knuckle so they slide in fairly easy. The old ball joints come out with a hammer.
The front wishbone bush was easy to press in and out. Getting the rear one out is a little more involved due to the bush design.
Geometry wasn't that far out as I kept the coilovers bolted to the knuckle. Although decided to have a play about and get some more camber. I've got -2.3 on the front and the top mounts are in the centre position. So there's potential to get more camber.
Driving the car it doesn't feel that much different. But I've only done about 10 miles and not exactly pushed it. Feels nice and tight and turns in a little easier.
Again not many pictures. Too busy getting the job done.
By Lewisgame
Rambo wrote:how easy is fairly easy on the ball joints as im going mine this weekend?

Things are looking really good now mate
I'd say they went in 90% of the way. I still had to press in the final part.
By Rambo
Lewisgame wrote:
Rambo wrote:how easy is fairly easy on the ball joints as im going mine this weekend?

Things are looking really good now mate
I'd say they went in 90% of the way. I still had to press in the final part.
Cheers bud
By Lewisgame
Not much been going on recently. Want a front splitter and rear diffuser but in two minds about either buying from Stuke or making them myself. I'll see how much time I have after new year. The Stuke rear diffuser isn't as wide as I'd like.
Been doing a little winter preparation. Cleaned down the coilovers, cracked off the locking rings and gave everything a turn back and forth with some lube and then coated them with some silicone spray to prevent dirt sticking.
Gave the car a 'detail'. Jet wash, the famous 1 bucket method with some 10 year old shampoo/car polish/fairy liquid combo with a manky sponge and leathered down with an old leather that the mice in the shed have been eating. Results weren't to shabby.
Next track day will probably be Rockingham in March which #trackaddict have organised. I'd like to do Brands Hatch and will be going to the Nordschleife at least once maybe twice.
By Lewisgame
Time to start ordering parts. Things to buy/do before the first track day.
Subframe collars
Drop in baffled sump
Oil cooler
Tappet adjustment and refurb cam cover
Gauges (possibly zada tech stuff)
Fog light ducts for brakes
New front discs and pads
Stuke front splitter and rear diffuser

Fancy some Enkei RPF1. Possibly in bronze or silver. But not essential yet. Money needed elsewhere first.

Going Nürburging 1-4 of May. Will be booking at the end of the month. Few pals are just finishing off their cars (Evo9 and 106 Rallye turbo) so hopefully they'll be tagging along.

Already got the collars. So here's a picture. More to follow in the next few weeks
By Lewisgame
FunkyRemix wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:Fancy some Enkei RPF1. Possibly in bronze or silver. But not essential yet.
Essential :wink:
Haha. For looks maybe. But I think making sure the engine isn't starved of oil and some extra cooling takes priority. I'd probably stick some semi slicks on the RPF1's. Wheels and tyres is going to be over a grand easy!
By Lewisgame
Been slack gathering parts being really busy. Fog light ducts turned up today. These are the ones developed by cosmicarl on here. Have to say the quality is very good. No imperfections anywhere. A shame the company isn't making them anymore.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]