The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Ollie milanoctr
Sorry yes I'm running a 4-2-1 race manifold so yeah I would loose power, I just wondered if it would be noticeable compared to the dc5 setup as it's quite loud!. To be honest though I'm getting a little bored with the power of my ep3 now and there's not much more I can do without spending big money
By Rambo
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Sorry yes I'm running a 4-2-1 race manifold so yeah I would loose power, I just wondered if it would be noticeable compared to the dc5 setup as it's quite loud!. To be honest though I'm getting a little bored with the power of my ep3 now and there's not much more I can do without spending big money
Sound wise it will dull it down with the car. Port match the manifold before you fit aswell. Might help keep a few unicorns.
By Rambo
Impulse buy! Been after one for awhile and one came up for grabs recently so grabbed it. Badgless grill fitted with the type R logo replaced. Guess this is the start of my front aero and cooling stage. Splitter idea's going through my mind to stop the front end going light.

By Rambo
After a order from Jap Service Parts i decided to take the Air con out the bay. Not removed anything under the dash as yet as i will flock it at same time which is in the pipeline.

So out came the air con rad which has seen better days

Front end stripped down. The compressor is a bugger to get out because of one bolt but eventually it came out and new belt was fitted.

Rad will be replaced for a new one soon aswell as its seen better days.

Everything that came out. Not weighed it as i cba.

Also a delivery finally turned up from the states. Small but i love them.

Before

After

Titanium neo chrome bolts. :)

Also treated the old girl to a front row seat to the rally cross.

By Rambo
Not updated in awhile as not much been going on.

Fitted a ultra racing strut brace and in honesty the difference is very noticeable! turn in has improved a lot! Very impressed!

Changed my clutch fluid which i have been meaning to do for ages. Very happy that i did. Feels slightly better but i think thats a placebo effect.

This is the mess that came out!

And now nice and fresh

MOT Time and as my tyres hadn't turned up needed to borrow a friends off his Accord Euro R. I really liked them on but they are a different fitment to ep3 wheels as the rear touches the tie rod and grinds so would need spacers. But has actually made me think about another set of alloys!

Now for the not so good bit. Missus was driving to work and someone come across her lane to exit the roundabout and spun her around. Damage is not as bad as i thought it was when i got sent pictures (I was at Birmingham NEC Classic car show!) As it only needs the panel work done. Nothing needs to be replaced. Going through insurance to get car repaired as the other person is at fault . But is taking ages to sort out! Hopefully be repaired by new year.

And other parties car

NOT happy at all but im glad missus is ok.

To finish update on a positive note, tyres turned up and put on car. Ive choosen Uniroyal Rainsport 3 XL Sidewall in 214/45/17.

I cant comment on how good they are as they need scrubbing in and car is like its on ice until they have been scrubbed but i will update everyone.

By Rambo
Managed to get round to cleaning the J's. Used some metal polish.

Insurance have told me to get quotes from body shops for the car to be repaired, Wrong time of year so i cant see that happening until Feb!

Topped oil up the other day, didn't replace cap! Doh! So got a shiny one as i couldn't find an OEM one anywhere

Got given the oppertunity to buy a friends media system so went ahead and got it. Its a Sony XAV-602BT.

Has mirrorlink so youtube and maps on the go is great! (Mightycarmods ftw!)

Put the microphone in front of the clocks and although the car is loud people seem to be able to hear me clearly :)

Came with a reverse camera aswell so went about fitting it. First i put it on the xbrace but of an evening it was rubbish due to tinted windows so i wired it up externally. Just above numberplate.

I have wired it so it can be used when out of reverse as well.

While roaming Costco for cake and other stuff i shouldnt have i picked up an extinguisher as abit of an impluse buy. So fitted that aswell. Excuse the mess.

Next on the cards is to buy and fit a clockwise motion baffled sump and some semi's for the accord wheels. Hopefully have the damage repaired in good time and also booking Snett up for end of Feb.
By cookie16v
hi mate I have a question about when you removed your air con is it just a smile job as just taking it off and getting a smaller belt to put back on?. I am interested because I am in the process of taking mine off
By Rambo
cookie16v wrote:hi mate I have a question about when you removed your air con is it just a smile job as just taking it off and getting a smaller belt to put back on?. I am interested because I am in the process of taking mine off
there is two stages, one to remove compressor and pipes in the bay and replace with non air con belt which is pretty easy except for one bolt thats a pig by the subframe.

The other half is behind the dash which i havent done yet
By cookie16v
Rambo wrote:
cookie16v wrote:hi mate I have a question about when you removed your air con is it just a smile job as just taking it off and getting a smaller belt to put back on?. I am interested because I am in the process of taking mine off
there is two stages, one to remove compressor and pipes in the bay and replace with non air con belt which is pretty easy except for one bolt thats a pig by the subframe.

The other half is behind the dash which i havent done yet

Is that all I need to do then just get a none ac belt I wasn't sure if you had to get another pully to go in the place for the air con compressor. I have already taken the pipes off it was the belt but I wasn't sure about. If you Hsve anymore information on it that would be great as I have my car in bits ready to do it
By Rambo
Christmas Pressi for the car. Enough of all this gadget's and soft bits time to get more track focused again ready for Snett.

Baffled sump ordered so will be fitted when it arrives. Then a geo set up again and il be ready i think.

Looking for semi's to put on the accord alloys. Looking like its going to be AD08R.

Taken advantage of the Discount.

By Rambo
My order turned up today. Very impressed with delivery times.

Baffled sump and Brake stopper.

Sump for obvious reasons and the stopper to see if it stop the noise i have under harsh braking.

Also while out the other day my idler pully started making horrible loud noises. On the phone to Japserviceparts and once again got me out the sh-t without a sweat. Cant recommend these guys enough!

Genuine OEM pully

Will fit sump over weekend and stopper when i have ten minutes.
By Rambo
its pretty easy dude. Four bolts on subframe, drop it slightly, remove bolts holding subframe and remove, then same in reverse making sure its torqued up and sealed. Oh and emtpy oil
By Rambo
Couple of bits finished.

Put the Tegiwa brake stopper on and although most of the reviews say its pointless.......... the pedal feel is fantastic! its made a noticeable difference! Shocked at it myself, but after fitting there was still a bang after heavy breaking.

Here it is fitted. Fiddly but easy enough

J's racing exhaust hanger turned up from TDI North. So got round to fitting it asap to stop the knocking on RARB and suffie it say, no more knocking :)

Here it is next to the OEM bush

Fitted (Was actually a pain!)

Picked up my accord wheel from being stored at a friends ready to put sticky bits on. More than likely Federal RSR.
(Garage needs a spring clean!)

Gave her a quick wash and wax.

Friends taken off some grills from his Ford, only for me to turn around and see them placed on my bonnet....... now got me thinking, especially as im suffering with cooling. So started playing.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Next update should be baffle sump fitted and service.

Honda bond and shorty HEMP filter ordered from JSP
By Rambo
Got to it this weekend with a couple of friends that was free to help.

Baffle finally in and sealed. Used Honda bond to seal sump, another HAMP shortie filter and fresh oil. Leaving it over night to set so should be perfect.

Have to get the sump at the right angle for it to mate. Abit of Flipping about but non the less its on.

When we removed the bumper we noticed the AEM intake bracket had snapped! God knows how but pretty disappointed! removed the bracket and used cable ties. Job done for now until i re weld it.

Also filter needs replacing, but forgot to measure the size of it! so if anyone knows that would be appreciated.

In other news i got a offer to buy some slicks at a price i couldn't say no so these turned up in the garage.

Track day is also booked for Snett on the 27th Feb. Looking forward to it. So just got to make sure the accord wheels fit, put slicks on them, borrow a set of normal type r rims from a friend and put some semi's on them (Slicks wont be used i don't think as it will probably be raining or to cold) Looking at getting Federal RSR's. A quick geo check to make sure everything is still where it should be and she is good to go.
By AdamB92
Good read mate! Some cracking work you've been doing, a lot more patients than I've got with the amount of times things have been on and off lol.

I can't believe how similar our cars are with some of the issues we've had. My undertray came off at the weekend as well lol, had to drive 40 miles home with it hanging on the floor ooops.
With that auxiliary top bearing, did it have any play or was it just making noise? Mine doesn't have any play but it does make a right racket.
By Rambo
AdamB92 wrote:Good read mate! Some cracking work you've been doing, a lot more patients than I've got with the amount of times things have been on and off lol.

I can't believe how similar our cars are with some of the issues we've had. My undertray came off at the weekend as well lol, had to drive 40 miles home with it hanging on the floor ooops.
With that auxiliary top bearing, did it have any play or was it just making noise? Mine doesn't have any play but it does make a right racket.

Still enjoy building her though. I cut mine so aem was still protected to a point. It didnt have play was just very noisy. Get onto japserviceparts and order one dude. Do belt at same time its worth it for piece of mind. Told you builds where similer with problems lol.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]