The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By doug2507
As soon as i can put the rest together! :lol:

Everythings here to finish it bar the fix for the alternator. Away with work Wednesday and hope to get all plumbing / wiring done next time home. Should be turning the key providing the alt bracket is here by then. As soon as it's turning over it'll be booked in for setup/mapping.
By doug2507
Trying to make it all fit…. (begins with ball, ends with ache)

Brackets / rails sorted for mounting the oil tank. 20mm mild steel box section, Peterson tank mounts, billet spacers, M-8 bolts. Plan was to weld them onto the chassis leg this evening but it's now pissing down.

Another rocker cover on it's way. Big thanks to Paul Flaxton of Spooner Restorations for the cracking paint job, Pro Alloy for the welding. If anyones interested in the current rocker cover just give us a shout. Brand new cover, 1/8th & 1/4 bungs.

By cammy92
Theres nothing on this thats not done to the highest standard possible, it just keeps getting better
By doug2507
New rocker cover fitted, it's feckin RED! lol. Cheers Paul!

Just had the rad back from the fab shop again. Had them weld a plate on to mount the scavenge filter. Gave up on putting the hoses together so quick ring to the supplier and they'll be getting made up/pressure tested end of the week. Spent most of today scratching my head / arse trying to route all the plumbing then cutting hose to length. Unreal how much time it takes up!

Gratuitous shot of the business end of things…(1st time i've seen it myself!)

4PR spec'd billet cams, manufactured by Web.

.533"/260.5 deg IN
.510"/255 deg EX
VTC mechanically limited to 30deg.
PAC springs
Ferrea 30mm/36mm 6000 valves
Ferrea Ti retainers
RBB head, latest 4PR CNC port, 5-7hp on a 2.0 compared to previous Pro RBB (TSX) port.
13:1 static CR. (Be using Sunoco RMR fuel)

Jobs to do list getting smaller and smaller! Got the exh. mani to fit, finalise sensors being used / get a custom loom on order, mount the electronic gizmos and get the wiring done. And remember to fit the flywheel cover! I'll be glad of a rest once it's done!
By Kirby
Hi Doug,
I am in the process of ordering an ASP header for my rally car but I am curious about the clearance below that car? If you could post a few pics showing how low it sits I would really appreciate it.
By Eric_Sn@il
You got a JDM front ARB on yours Doug? You didn't happen to get a comparison pic between UK and JDM if you do?
By doug2507
Yep, JDM currently, although it won't come close to fitting with the ASP. Think i chucked the uk one ages ago. Just bought one from flea bay though, should be here Monday/Tuesday. Fingers crossed i can get out the road Tuesday if the other half will allow. (offshore Wed morning). I'll take pics of both for you.

If you need a JDM just shout and i'll give you mine for mates rates. Feck all use to me now. :lol:
By Kirby
Thanks Doug. The ground clearance looks good but I may extend my sump guard to protect the header since it is such a pricey item
By Collister
Wow that's some serious build thread I can't wait to start getting into the serious stuff on my build
By doug2507
Good news, green light given for keeping the car. Time to get it finally finished! :D

Wee bit of info behind the engine for those interested....

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=202105

Engine featured in the build is the one I have sitting here. One on the dyno slightly different...

Same spec bar using titan itb's over kinsler (and I'm obviously still using an alternator, which I've finally got a machined bracket on the way to sort pump clearance issues). Hopefully manage to back to back these later on down the line. Fuelling also the same, Sunoco MSA spec race fuel.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]