The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Cosmic-Dan
It's good to see your keeping this Doug, I've followed the progress of this since the opening post and really want to see this thing finished.

Keep up the exceptional work
By Lewisgame
Read the article about your engine. Sounds fantastic. Good to see engine builders pushing for decent power across the whole range and not aiming for peak figures.
Any idea on time when you'll be complete?
By doug2507
Yeah, lot of development with all aspects of the motor. Credit to them as the final product is a gem and they've got quite a few units running worldwide now.

3 weeks at home when I get off of here so hopefully be ready to go on the trailer down to Paul by the end of it. Only need to finish cooling lines and wiring.
By fras83
I have just read through this build thread over the past couple of days. Amazing work doug! Can't wait to see how the finished article goes! I was going to leave my engine with just bolt ons but this has given me other ideas! Keep up the good work!
By wHAmEz
Oh my god! That sounds insaaaane [emoji1360]
By doug2507
Biggest hurdle finally overcome....

Big thanks to Jerry Leach from the other side of the world for making this up for me!

Should end up something like this....

It'll raise the Alternator and give the sump pump top fitting some clearance. Good to get things moving again, plumbing / wiring, thats it! :D
By Cosmic-Dan
Anymore updates on this at all Doug? Also it's probably a long shot but did you ever get round to selling those OZ wheels you had up for sale?
By Lewisgame
Good figures that! TDI posted that it’s got a potential to rev to 11k?! Reason you’re not going that high because of the manifold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By doug2507
Paul set limiter to 9k yesterday. Will be removed on Monday and ran to peak, should be somewhere north of 10k but pretty sure DC will be choking it by then.

Yeah, 12-15% loss is 287-297fw. Not too shabby for 9k considering manifold and currently zero vac being run. Not that 10inHG will make a massive difference.

As long as there's 3-4k decent power band I'm sure it'll be quick enough. ;)
By Cosmic-Dan
doug2507 wrote:Yep. Currently sitting at 253whp@9k. (Run in 5th (1.0/5.83fd). Be winding it up next week.

More interested in seeing where the dc manifold chokes it. End of season till proper mani goes on!

Anyway, 5 years later, she's running!
Ah nice one. Really happy for you that it’s all up and running. I’ve followed this build from day one and always check every few weeks for progress. Looking forward to seeing some more videos of it running and that masterpiece of an engine bay. Keep it up

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]