The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
shaRRpy wrote:Always wanted to do brands,was it an evening session if so did it go by to quick.whats the drive by noise limit?
Car looks great especially on the team dynamics. :cool:
Think drive by was 87.5 db......not sure
My car is stupid quiet though 94 db on static test

Team dynamics look great but i wish it had a slightly more aggressive offset
7j et 45 looks kind boring and tucked in..... have some hubcentric spacers but they don't fit with teamdynamics :sad:
I read somewhere that it's very difficult to actually "warp" brake discs. What happens with road/track cars is that the track pads never get properly bedded in during passive road driving. even if you follow the bedding in procedure specified by the manufacturer when the pads are new, if you then drive the car normally on the road the pads actually begin to un-bed them selves in , if that makes any sense. You then go on a track day and the pads get uneven heating because they are not properly bedded in, this in turn causes them to leave deposits on the disk. The surface of the disc then becomes covered in peaks and troughs as the pads despots build up. The problem is then made worse because the peaks get heated more during braking then the troughs. These small local areas build up extremely high temperatures and begin actually changing the metal structure in these areas to a super hard substance called cementite. What you have now is a disc that has a series of super hard stripes and then wears unevenly - even after you drive passively to get rid of the pad deposits.
By 1812_s
Small update

-Tegiwa 15mm wheel spacers
-Mot done
-Brands hatch booked December 14th

Bought some used spacers and plan on using them with track wheels to give it a slightly wider track at the front. Sadly doesn't fit with team dynamics.

On test fitting with track wheels they did however slightly rub the clips on the arch liner when turning however going to test them at the track and see if it still does as the wheel wont be turned as much

Also booked Brands for a full day in December :P

Need to look at getting some new performance pads on the front soonish and car should be fine for the day

Tegiwa spacers

Mot

By 1812_s
Update

Went Brands Hatch on 14th December was a probably the worst trackday i will ever do. Cold and greasy almost all day and couldn't get any grip. Had to take totally different lines than in the dry previously and couldn't come on to power until i was past the corners pretty much due to the car breaking traction.

Nothing else to update except i got a TRS tow strap in black prior to trackday. Nothing exciting there but it doesn't come with any brackets which was kind of annoying

Also hoping to buy something in Tegiwa sales soon :smile:

Anyway got some pics here which i bought of msv at their extortionate prices

By 1812_s
Update 21/05/15
Last update was back end of last year but i have done a few little bits so here they are.

Changes have been quite slow since march due to me buying a motorcycle and that taking all modification money up but civic is getting the attention again now.

Also have a trackday booked up for Jun 15th at Bedford autodrome :smile:

- Interior footwell lights
- Pioneer AVH-X3600DAB head unit
- Oil temperature gauge
- Oil pressure gauge
- Annual serivce
- Tegiwa Oil filter sandwich plate

Bought the footwell light of TRO forum. They come in different colours like red or blue but asked for a normal filament colour so it would actually be useful :wink:

Finally a new head unit after 3 years of saying i would get one :lol: The new head unit really boosts the stock speakers. Had a small issue in finding a trim to go around the unit but all sorted now. Its a DAB unit with Bluetooth which is great for hands free calls.

Annual service came up changed the usual oil and filter using Fuchs and Genuine filter. Also ordered a K & N filter cleaning kit and gave the induction the once over.
Decided on fitting a Oil temperature and Pressure gauge to the car. I used a Tegiwa oil filter sandwich adapter plate which had 3 ports. So far i havent seen any leaks :smile:

Gauges weren't to hard to fit but a bit of a ball ache routing the wires through bulkhead. Car tends to read about 2.0 -2.5 Bar oil pressure on idle (warmed up) and 6 Bar when engine is accelerating.

JDM mats also back in car

Heres a pick of the bike for anyone interested. Probably could have turboed the civic by now with the money thats gone on this :roflmao: Its a SV650S

By Lewisgame
1812_s wrote:
doug2507 wrote:Remote mount the pressure sensor. It'll fail over time due to vibration if mounted directly onto the plate. Demon Tweeks do a remote mount hose.
Got me worried now :|
May also be worth putting it in place where the standard pressure sensor is in the cylinder head.
By 1812_s
Lewisgame wrote:
1812_s wrote:
doug2507 wrote:Remote mount the pressure sensor. It'll fail over time due to vibration if mounted directly onto the plate. Demon Tweeks do a remote mount hose.
Got me worried now :|
May also be worth putting it in place where the standard pressure sensor is in the cylinder head.
It did have a thread locker on it and i also used some oil thread sealant
By 1812_s
Last min prep before Bedford Monday

Flexi on dc manifold decided to fail on me just before trackday :roll:
To be fair however it has been on my car 2 years and it was used so unsure of how much use it has seen
Went to Alan at solid fabrications to put it in for me.

Really impressed with the work done, when removing the old one got a small surprise that you'll see in the image :lol:

:oops:

Had a quick check of pad life and im quite sure they wouldnt habe lasted a full day at bedford so gave rob a ring and ordered some PBS pads front and rear

i have only been bobbing around town on them so far but was shocked at how good they are even from cold it felt so much better than my old ds2500. Cant wait for using them around the track :twisted:

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]