The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
1812_s wrote:
darren4 wrote:So it was your exhaust that was on youtube :). Will be hoping to get a 3" exhaust from Solid Fabrications in London as well for my dc5, so thanks for the clip :)
no problem hope the video helped
It was a help thanks, have you got any more vids of the exhaust on idle, or even in car ect?
1812_s wrote:don't think so.

could maybe do a mobile vid and send it to you if you like
If you could that would be wicked :), tbh i'm more concerned about the b pipe scraping everywhere :(
darren4 wrote:
1812_s wrote:don't think so.

could maybe do a mobile vid and send it to you if you like
If you could that would be wicked :), tbh i'm more concerned about the b pipe scraping everywhere :(
pm me your number if you like and ill try send something over whatsapp.

as for ground clearance i do catch it on certain speed bumps but tbh for a 3" system it is very good
Also depends on how low you are aswell though
Update:

Went along to a rolling road day in November at Surrey Rolling Road

Was told that the map car was still healthy :) Mapped by Romain 3 years ago now 8-)

Soon to be adding power ! :P

Also headed back to Solid fabrications to fix my catback as the middle resonator was rattling on the heat-shield was extremely annoying + embarrassing but eventually got time to get my car to him correct.

The exhaust has slightly changed position where Alan modified it and sticks further out now which im not to sure if i like but cant do much about it now :roll:

Also had a look at his sidewinder manifolds which looked very good but just not feasible right now

Next i bought

- Eibach Pro spacers 20mm System 6
- Modified Steering arms (shortened by 10mm)
-Meyle Track rod ends

This spacer kit uses the longer studs and slot on spacers

Was a bit off a ball ache to fit, also had to remove the dust shield in order to fit them as i didn't want to have the possibility of changing the wheel bearings.

Had to grind away slightly at the hub to get them in

Old arms next to new ones

I'm extremely happy with the way it looks now and eventually will get around to doing the rear axle. I probably should have just bought new wheels in a better offset but i love these eam dynamics so much :lol:

Car is toeing in quite badly on nearside so off to TGM Sport on Saturday to get the geometry sorted and also a diagnostic check on the airbag light which came up about a year ago :lol:

If all is good will be booking on to Brands hatch in April for an evening session ;)
Last edited by 1812_s on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 1812_s
Update:

Went to TGM Sport to have my alignment done. Modified arms done there job and still have decent amount of thread on each side.
they have also cleared my airbag light which hopefully wont return. Have a feeling it will though :roll:

Also done a little tidy up in the interior of the car which i saw in the forums how to section.
Used a red marker to refresh the stitching on the steering wheel which for £2 has made a massive improvement :)

Before

After

Finally i have booked Brands hatch for an evening session on the 6th April, will be first time on track this year :P
Lewisgame wrote:Didn't fancy adding more negative camber up front?
tbh i did want a bit more but only as the arches catch a tiny bit when cornering very sharply. I might get a camber gauge and redo the front at home after this trackday.

The rubbing shouldn't be to much of a problem though as on track going to be taking the spacers off
dannyhall wrote:How did you fit the shorter steering arms? Got a set to fit to mine just looks like access is going to be a pain... Any tips?

Car looks cracking as always!
cheers bud

ummm as for fitting the arms i used a adjustable wrench but i believe it is 29mm. Many recommend removing the rack but i got it done with it in the car just a tight squeeze getting the wrench in and being able to manoeuvre it.
The driverside was a little easier but when i came to doing the passenger side i had to move the lower strut brace away. Probably move that out the way first, might make it easier to do driver side aswell ;)
1812_s wrote:
dannyhall wrote:How did you fit the shorter steering arms? Got a set to fit to mine just looks like access is going to be a pain... Any tips?

Car looks cracking as always!
cheers bud

ummm as for fitting the arms i used a adjustable wrench but i believe it is 29mm. Many recommend removing the rack but i got it done with it in the car just a tight squeeze getting the wrench in and being able to manoeuvre it.
The driverside was a little easier but when i came to doing the passenger side i had to move the lower strut brace away. Probably move that out the way first, might make it easier to do driver side aswell ;)
Yeah its a 29mm but my 30mm spanner worked on it. Ended up taking the rack riser off then easing it all out through the passenger side. Refitted the same way as its tight in there!

With the RCAs ive fitted too it now seems ive pushed the suspension too high as they angle slightly up. Got my alignment next week so I'll see what they say.. Thanks though mate
Update

So my clutch pedal was sticking about half way every now then so before my april trackday decided to replace it. Contacted tegiwa who got me a Genunine Honda clutch master for about £70 cheaper than dealers 8-) Big shout out to them for that.....will always be contacting them for OEM parts from now on

Anyway that fixed that and was time to get the car packed and ready for brands.

All loaded up :twisted:

The evening was ok, made a massive cock up and forgot to take some open ended wheel nuts with me for the front.
I cant run the spacers up front with the track wheels due to the width of the tyres. I did try but only succeeded in butchering both arch liners :roll:

So had to come back and swap to road wheels/tyres......really reminded me how much extra grip there is from the semi slicks. Put a little bit of a downer onto the evening but i tried not to let it get to me.

It was the first trackday with the new 3" catback and it recorded 89Db at 5500rpm.

Bedford GT circuit booked for 20th June :D

May also be booking another day earlier in June at Snetterton
By 1812_s
Update

Managed to finally get all the bits for dc5 pedal conversion which ive been waiting to do for a while now. Absolutely love the look of them and really gives the interior a uplift 8-)

Also had a trackday at Bedford which was an absolute washout :cry:
Some serious patches of standing water but was a interesting day haha. Didnt take many pics due to the crappy weather. Did get about 1 hour towards the end though of dry tracktime.

The exhaust tip has changed a fair bit now from the heat which looks really cool

Little shot of my bike and civic

Cars due a pritty big service so ive been ordering a few bits. Also ordered a few more parts to boost it so will updae with pics when some of that arrives ;)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]