The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Sitting higher sounds like a good request I can see it catching the road a bit on my car. What's a end cap? Sorry if that's a stupid question! :lol: so the one I have should be quieter than this! Thats interesting as I don't think it sounds loud on your video! Should have no problem with track limits then! Looks nice fitted too!
w6ady » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:32 pm wrote:Sitting higher sounds like a good request I can see it catching the road a bit on my car. What's a end cap? Sorry if that's a stupid question! :lol: so the one I have should be quieter than this! Thats interesting as I don't think it sounds loud on your video! Should have no problem with track limits then! Looks nice fitted too!
yep it's just there rear box I got to be higher. The b pipe still catches the odd hump but it's very good for a 3" system .

my old dc sports cat back b pipe used to pretty much touch the road :lol:

the end cap is at the end of the rear box If you look at mine and yours you might notice the difference
1812_s » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:58 am wrote:
Cosmic-Dan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:46 am wrote:New exhaust looks and sounds good. Are you going to get the map tweaked?

Also how much did you pay to get the flexi replaced on your manifold?
i think it was like £130 to fix the flexi in :roll:

and i dont think i will get the map tweaked.
Cool thanks, I take it that a lot of that was removing and refitting the manifold.

I've just bought a CPL racing manifold for my FN2 and both flexi' are looking a little worn :(
Cosmic-Dan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:12 am wrote:
1812_s » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:58 am wrote:
Cosmic-Dan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:46 am wrote:New exhaust looks and sounds good. Are you going to get the map tweaked?

Also how much did you pay to get the flexi replaced on your manifold?
i think it was like £130 to fix the flexi in :roll:

and i dont think i will get the map tweaked.
Cool thanks, I take it that a lot of that was removing and refitting the manifold.

I've just bought a CPL racing manifold for my FN2 and both flexi' are looking a little worn :(
yeah he said it has to be done on the car to get a proper fit.

Had to remove and refit it a few times. It lasted me 2 yrs after getting it off you though so I'm quite happy, how much use did it have when you got it
Hey man,

I'm looking into getting a decent catback at some point as most of my exhaust is 13 years old. I was actually thinking of getting your old set up of the tegiwa 2.5 catback but with a tegiwa header. How loud is this 3 inch system compared to your old set up when just driving about normally. I have stiff engine mounts so i find even with my relatively quiet set up the car resonates at anything above 68 mph. Could you possibly post a vid from inside the car when cruising and booting it please? Would be much appreciated!
D4Z3D » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:05 pm wrote:Hey man,

I'm looking into getting a decent catback at some point as most of my exhaust is 13 years old. I was actually thinking of getting your old set up of the tegiwa 2.5 catback but with a tegiwa header. How loud is this 3 inch system compared to your old set up when just driving about normally. I have stiff engine mounts so i find even with my relatively quiet set up the car resonates at anything above 68 mph. Could you possibly post a vid from inside the car when cruising and booting it please? Would be much appreciated!
Hey, on idle it is very close to the sound of the tegiwa catback. When cruising around it is the slightest bit louder but really nothing to complain about.

Motorway driving ive only really done once and its again similar to old set up i think. Its fine on partial throttle but with the throttle wide open at say 80mph it can be a tad boomy. Will try get a video from inside when i can :)
Lewisgame wrote:I have solid fab's 'super silent' 3 inch system. Light throttle it's civilised and easy to live with. Motorway driving is a little boomy but it's not enough to bother me really. Just turn the radio up more :lol:
Lol can you post some in car vids up also, i've seen all your stuff when you had 240 bhp, which was a tegiwa system yeah? It would be good to have an in car comparison. I don't really want more noise but i'd really like more grunt. Dunno whether to keep tuning the civic, or just get something with a higher potential out the box. There are some mighty fast M3 track cars out there for < 10k
D4Z3D wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:I have solid fab's 'super silent' 3 inch system. Light throttle it's civilised and easy to live with. Motorway driving is a little boomy but it's not enough to bother me really. Just turn the radio up more :lol:
Lol can you post some in car vids up also, i've seen all your stuff when you had 240 bhp, which was a tegiwa system yeah? It would be good to have an in car comparison. I don't really want more noise but i'd really like more grunt. Dunno whether to keep tuning the civic, or just get something with a higher potential out the box. There are some mighty fast M3 track cars out there for < 10k
I had a piper system previously. My most recent in car footage from Silverstone in my build thread is the most recent.
I've been looking into the E46 M3 and although the cars are relatively cheap (£6-8k), they're generally dogs. To get them track ready (coilovers, brakes and tyres) is very expensive. Then they have the dreaded rear floor cracking issue which WILL crack if you drive it hard is ££££ to repair. If you get an SMG that can also cause problems and more big bills.
JackEP3Premier » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:13 pm wrote:
D4Z3D » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:23 pm wrote:Cheers! I just want high power N'A driving with a bit of quiet when cruising :-D
I think the Tegiwa will be perfect for you then. Im running it with the standard manifold and cat in place. Its a 2.5" system, quiet for everyday driving.
I'd probably disagree with that. considering your current setup I wouldn't change unless your going to be upgrading to a 3" system. have tegiwa changed it my old one was 2.38"
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]