The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
*nub* wrote:that collapsed flexi must have been sh-t to drive? although apparently you didn't notice? :D Glad I don't have a flexi on mine. Is the flexi material different? solid fab one looks like metal
when i first heard it i stopped driving it in any aggressive manor

the flexi on the dc sports is a really old design which can allow it to collapse. The new one has inner piping that doesn't allow it to collapse in on it self

its t304 stainless http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=120
Update : Bedford Trackday

Went along to a trackday by javelin at Bedfords gt circuit was a well run event and a lovely track. The weather was brilliant and managed to do a whole 195 miles on track (50 laps or so) :LOL:
Arrived early to swap my wheels over and at sound testing blew a quiet 96.5 db on the static test ;)

Had a great time car performed exceptionally and really cannot see and improvement to be made in the way she handled. There were no faults at all with car and packed up at the end of the day in one piece. Tyres were again amazing cant recommend the A048 enough for circuit use, also smashed through almost 2 tanks of petrol which was not great for the wallet :oops:

I have however started to wonder what it would be like with more engine power :twisted:

Heres some pics i got from the photographers and some i took

PBS pads were great all day after all the punishment and have no brake deposits on disc or excessive brake dust but im slightly annoyed at the wear rate having barely anything left on pads now, there cant be more than 500 mi on them.

Looking good! I really want to do Bedford as it's only an hour away from me but worried about the drive by noise testing.
I wore out my DS2500 within one track day and a few road miles. Afraid if you want pads to perform and last longer you need to dig deep.
By 1812_s
Lewisgame wrote:Looking good! I really want to do Bedford as it's only an hour away from me but worried about the drive by noise testing.
I wore out my DS2500 within one track day and a few road miles. Afraid if you want pads to perform and last longer you need to dig deep.
i was just looking at your thread for exhaust was about to buy a solid fab catback yesterday but it got sold. How loud is it on static testing ?
Is it raspy as i hate that ?
By 1812_s
Lewisgame wrote:I've never had the solid fab system tested for noise. It's quieter than my old piper system and that came up at 94db static if I remember.
My 3 inch system has barely any rasp. It's pretty boomy though at mid revs.
hmmm think i want one then haha

£550 new though :? think ill look out for a used one
Last edited by 1812_s on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 1812_s
Mini update got myself a gopro 4 silver so should have some videos up soon. Got it mainly for when out on the bike but want to do a video of the exhaust sound shortly.

Nothing much has changed on car but would really like to do another trackday before the weather changes and tweak my geometry a little
Update:

So i have decided it was time for a change from my Tegiwa Catback. Been on my car for 2 years and done me well, It was slightly power robbing having pipes that are a little on the small side (2.38") but did its job of getting me through a few trackdays and sounding lovely at the same time.

Decided on a Solid fabrication 3" custom catback 8-)

I went to see Alan a few days ago after seeing there offer on Facebook and talked to him about how i wanted it. I had mine made just a little bit different to the usual and picked it up a few days later. Picked it up today and fitted it at home.

First start of it left me a little shocked as it didn't sound at all louder than my tegiwa catback. It does get a little louder on the move but i love it sound perfect without being asbo loud.

Also pulls so much harder in every gear since changing to this 3" system. Genuinely astonished that it made such a big difference to the engine power, the car must have been really restricted before.

Solid Fabrications 3" Custom catback, Titanium burnt tip

Will get some more videos and day pics of exhaust tip soon ;)

Mot

Engine bay clean

After a spirited drive last weekend :roll: :lol:

Cosmic-Dan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:46 am wrote:New exhaust looks and sounds good. Are you going to get the map tweaked?

Also how much did you pay to get the flexi replaced on your manifold?
i think it was like £130 to fix the flexi in :roll:

and i dont think i will get the map tweaked.
w6ady » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:50 pm wrote:That sounds nice mate. What differences have you had done to it? I have one ready to fit mine is a super silenced one just wondered what differences were between yours and a normal super silenced one pal
I asked for it to sit higher than how they usually make it and for a end cap to be fitted. Its not the super silent and Im quite happy its not as i wouldn't want it any quieter

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]