The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By *nub*
Oh nice one. That's going be fun and really finish it off. Tdi north told me they aren't really happy to fit the kits on EP3s anymore, all the heat insulation is too much labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By 1812_s
Update:

Turbo time ! :P

Finally in a position to do a turbo conversion on the car!
Aims are to get the running around 380hp with a boost by gear setup. It is still going to be my daily and i dont want the car to be something that just spins its wheels up all day, hoping the bbg and quality tyres will help with that.
I would guess max boost will be maybe 10psi, Romain will be mapping it when its ready and im sure he will know whats best whatever it will be.
This is pretty much going to be a full diy turbo conversion. Good friend of mine is a fabricator of aircraft bits and is going to help make a manifold and down-pipe and weld all other miscellaneous bits that will be required :)
Using a Full race manifold we made a jig and so ours will be based off that.

Parts list

So far have attained

Garrett GT3076r .82ar
ID1000 injectors with pnp clips
Competition Stage 4 clutch kit
Turbosmart Hypergate 45mm WG
Turbosmart Race port 50mm BOV
Intercooler and Pipe kit
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Speed factory 4 Bar map sensor
Torques teflon hoses for oil & fuel lines
Miscellaneous fittings
Need to buy a load more miscellaneous bits and fittings etc

Full race manifold jig

Garrett GT3076r :twisted:

Turbosmart wastegate

Really nice quality on these :P

5 psi Spring fitted

Turbosmart Race Port BOV

4 Bar MAP sensor
Torques lines and fittings (few missing)

Around £150 for all the plumbing bits :roll:

Clutch

Intercooler

Regret the size of this slightly as fitting it behind the bumper will require lots of trimming. If your looking to get one for your project would definitely recommend going something smaller than 3” thick and shorter in length.

New shoes.....wider and a low offset. (will have a 23mm poke to standard)
Rota force 17x8 et35

Yokohama AD08R

By 1812_s
Intercooler support bar

My buddy welding it up (he says hes happy to make some more if anyone is need of one ;) )

Intercooler pipes are 2.5" and still need to be finalised, its a little tight getting it around the battery

Oil pan return

Removed inlet for welding in some fittings for vacuum sources. PRB/PRC had a neat little cover at the bottom i have removed this and replaced it with a thick aluminum plate. The IAT has also been relocated to here :) If any of you guys are after one PM me, makes things alot tidier ;)

Got quite a few other bits done aswell so will upload more pics shortly :D
By 1812_s
Update

Bought a used cam cover to have a go at painting one myself, a VHT paint kit is only £25 so thought why not. May not come out with the finish of a pro but fancied having a crack :lol:

End result, was going for a sort of cherry colour similar to R34 skyline has. My painting skills weren't great but shouldn't look to bad on the car 8-)

Purchased a merge collector of a fabricator to speed things up

Intake manifold has been fitted up and looks great in the matt black. Bought Genuine Honda gaskets all round for it

Valve peek :lol:

Re-routed the fuel line, heater pipes, brake booster and EVAP. Have also fitted a big heat insulating mat to keep them from turning to a charred mess.

Forgot to take a good picture of the heater pipes at the end but got this to show anyone doing the same. Can also see the fuel line there to which is the black nylon braided hose.

Next i roped my buddy in to weld some more bits for me, had the BOV flange welded on and go him to do me some extra brackets at the bottom of the intercooler for extra support.

By 1812_s
Update

Wheels have been refurbished by Inspraytion in Kent, amazing turnaround think it was less than 24hrs :lol:
Also has the AD08R's fitted in 215/45/17

Also changed brakes all round, managed to source a really good condition Stoptech 328mm big brake kit with DS2500's.Replaced rear discs for godspeed ones. Made a bit of a mistake ordering the 'j' hooked ones as i purchased them before the stoptechs as i was planning on a new AP racing kit at the time. Also fitted some new Brembo pads at the rear and a fluid change all round with some RBF 600.

Manifold has been tacked up and test fitted. There was good clearance just needs fully welding and a down pipe + screamer made. Have made some small changes to manifold since so final piece will look slightly different.

Boost gauge plumbed in

Hoping to be completed and started in the next few weeks as i have alot more free time so i ll update this more frequently 8-)
By matt ep
Love where this is going! Dedication is aspirational. Those wheels are very similar to my Advan RZ's also wrapped in AD08's. Good colour choice fella

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]