The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Taylor_Type R
:lol: Love watching this over and over to see the hench guy on the left s**t him self.

ARGHHHHH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AWESOME Nuff Said [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] :-D
By samco77on
jonezy wrote:do you use a vent to atmosphere wastepipe or is yours plumbed back intot he downpipe?
Just a normal internal wastegate at the moment. The manifold has a flange for an external wastegate though. So I can do in the future. And we can do it as an extra in the kit we are developing.
By jonezy
i see. done well to get an ep3 to work with an internal wastegate. normally they dont respond all too well to them.

might be one of the kpro quirks that obviously wouldnt affect you.
By samco77on

Was so good that after the saturday i bought tracktime for sunday too. so did 2 full days there.

My car on slicks was untouchable, the only things to come past me when i was on it were an old accord touring car, and a ginetta g50.

I did find some problems however. the battering from the slicks took its toll on my BC coilovers, and they were knocking by the end of sunday, I was also struggling with oil temps, so i need a cooler. Brakes were awesome. and the car in general was awesome. I was actually very surprised how well it sailed past the 500bhp focus RS's that were with us.

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

I have also bought a private reg for it.

These are my 'legit' plates i also have some with some proper spacing.
By samco77on
Right, big update.

Firstly, it went bang. Seems 13psi of boost with a very aggressive launch control is too much for a stock engine.

Luckily i was outside work farting about, when it blew up. bits of block, piston and circlip lying on the floor underneath it.

Parked it up for a month or so while i got the bits together.

Bought a second hand motor that had picked up on a bearing.

Bought some Manley 1000bhp rods, 86mm 9.4:1 Cp pistons. Block guard, cometic headgasket, and ARP head bolts.

Luckily it was number 4 that went, when i removed the sump (with holes in it) there wasnt a scratch on my baffle plate, which i was very relieved about.

Here are some pics.

and some of the turbo setup on the old engine.

and some of the new engine parts.

engine is all run it. just needs to be mapped now, which i will probably do tomorrow night. big power time.

in other news, bought these seats for it

and some schroth harnesses to go with.

and a new tool box.

By samco77on
gobbledygook wrote:oooh, nasty. Glad to see you have bounced back with a forged engine though. Any idea what broke first on the stock engine?
looks like its pulled the gudgeon pin out of the bottom of the piston tbh.

going well now, still on low boost at 13 psi, but have spent more time tweaking VTEC and inlet cam advance and now has 388bhp. which will do me for the winter as its my daily driver.
By samco77on
Newannaive wrote:Was the knocking on the BC coilovers just loose locking collars?
No collars are tight. Seems to be in the damper body. I have spoken to our Bc rep, he didn't really want to know. Just said I could pay to have them rebuilt. I'm just going to wait and get ohlins or nitron I think.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]