The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By jonezy
samco77on wrote:I have used a new standalone ecu that we are a dealer for. Called an emu. It is a very advanced ecu for the money. I will put more up about it later.

The pops and bangs are a launch control limiter.

Thanks Ben.
just hitting the lauch limiter then? nothing to do with launch control fuel enrichment then?
By samco77on
jonezy wrote:
samco77on wrote:I have used a new standalone ecu that we are a dealer for. Called an emu. It is a very advanced ecu for the money. I will put more up about it later.

Thanks Ben.
just hitting the lauch limiter then? nothing to do with launch control fuel enrichment then?
I've set the launch control to be on all the time, so whenever the speed is below 15km/h its limited to 4800rpm. Yes there is an enrichment for launch control, but the main cause of the bang is the ignition cut. I haven't actually used it to launch yet. i'm a bit worried about my driveshafts as it makes 10psi of boost sat on launch control.
By leetec
samco77on wrote:[quote="jonezy

Thanks Ben.
I've set the launch control to be on all the time, so whenever the speed is below 15km/h its limited to 4800rpm. Yes there is an enrichment for launch control, but the main cause of the bang is the ignition cut. I haven't actually used it to launch yet. i'm a bit worried about my driveshafts as it makes 10psi of boost sat on launch control.[/quote]

your drive shafts should be fine. I'm still running standard shafts and iv been launching on drag slicks at the pod.
By jonezy
hey sam,

did you have to do anything to the throwout arm on the comp clutch? did you out a washer under it or did you bleed it by removing the slave cylinder?

its the stuff in here im talking about if you havmt seen it? im just a bit concerned about the fitment.
http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=221745 - worth a read if you havnt seen it. they may have fixed the problems now though

assume yours works well with a good pedal and selects all gears great?

just curious as i plan on fitting mine myself
cars looks great btw, cant wait to start fitting my turbo
thanks
By jonezy
samco77on wrote:No I didn't have any problems with it. Fitted mint. Feels nice and does its job. Didn't even see any of that until now.
seems a wierd old carry on.

so you just fitted and bled the slave?
By jonezy
samco77on wrote:I didn't even bleed It at first. Just unbolted the slave when I took the box out. It worked when I put it back in. Then I bled it as a precaution. Works mint.
nice one. hopefully mine will work that easy lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]