The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By cosmicmarc
I was involved in aside impact crash September no liability my way, car was badly damaged passenger side but all fixed now good as new.

All done

All these pictures are iphone so excuse the poor quality I forgot to sort my camera batteries out like an idiot

So cheer myself up I got a few goodies I added a K-Tuned spark plug cover
K-Tuned Dip Stick
Also added a new Rocker cover (actually has a k-Tuned sticker on front but I'm keeping my USDM Intake cover on as prefer it to seeing a fuel rail)

Some phone pictures

New year I think I'm getting my gearbox rebuilt by Steve at Grinspeed and think I could well be adding a Diff

Quinny
By jamesyy21x
Car loks mint, i ws going to get a set of Evo 9 wheels, but decided not to. out of interest how much is your gearbox rebuild going to cost you and what does it involve, think mines going to need one, alsowhere is grinspeed?
By cosmicmarc
jonezy wrote:Make sure you get the carbon syncros, and whatever else you may want in future done as it's well worth it

Long 6th, hardened 2nd gear syncro hub.
Hi mate
Yeah I'll be having a think what I want definitely be adding the syncros

Added in 2 minutes 25 seconds:
jamesyy21x wrote:Car loks mint, i ws going to get a set of Evo 9 wheels, but decided not to. out of interest how much is your gearbox rebuild going to cost you and what does it involve, think mines going to need one, alsowhere is grinspeed?

Hi thanks for the comments
Had my evo9 rims for over 3 years and still love even more with the new paint.

Grin speed is up north mate and I'll probably have no clue on price yet as I'm not sure what I want in the box yet.
By jonezy
Cost of box build varies depending on what needs repairing and what needs upgrading and weather or not it's drop car off, or just drop box off

£260 syncros
£90 hardened hub
£100 new second gear
£135+vat for box on bench
£450-600 for LSD
Didn't get a price for dropping car off though

Just some rough prices I remember from when I did mine
By cosmicmarc
jonezy wrote:Cost of box build varies depending on what needs repairing and what needs upgrading and weather or not it's drop car off, or just drop box off

£260 syncros
£90 hardened hub
£100 new second gear
£135+vat for box on bench
£450-600 for LSD
Didn't get a price for dropping car off though

Just some rough prices I remember from when I did mine

Cheers mate
Messaged Steve today those prices look like what I anticipated
By cosmicmarc
chucklberry wrote:Yer i picked it up a while ago and I remember seeing your car on the drive and really liking it this was before I bought one! I also saw it down at the body shop haha

You picked my mums Merc up while back for a service?
I remember
Yeah this is the car you saw mate
By chucklberry
Yer i did. a class I think it was. I wanted a type r for a while and kept seeing nice ones tempting me so I went out and bought one about 2 months ago couldn't be happier with it!! I actually took a picture of your car at the body shop so I could remeber what the wheels looked like!!
By cosmicmarc
chucklberry wrote:Yer i did. a class I think it was. I wanted a type r for a while and kept seeing nice ones tempting me so I went out and bought one about 2 months ago couldn't be happier with it!! I actually took a picture of your car at the body shop so I could remeber what the wheels looked like!!
Haha well if you ever need to have a chat about anything you know where I am now lol
By cosmicmarc
I'm considering selling my type r currently, not making a rash move as if I'm honest this cars just been brilliant but I have always had an urge to own a BMW Mainly an E30 325 but I'm not getting one due to the age and cost of a decent one so considering an e46 coupe petrol

Problem I'm having is gettingm an idea what to sell my car for I don't really want to go through the hassle of stripping bits off etc but no idea what to price it at as a complet car

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]