The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
NPyke wrote:Sorry to ask this, but what is your exact wheel/suspension set up to get that perfect balance.. those wheels sit perfectly!

Hi mate I've got eibach sport line springs 30mm drop

Those are Evo 9 wheels on uniroyal rainsports 215/45/17 there's rubbing on the back currently as I do need to get them rolled I've just been a bit lazy getting it done.

Thanks for the comment, seems a lot of people went down the same road as me and copied using the wheels.
160mph_boy wrote:Clean cosmic there pal.

Wheels l@@k good on there aswell... shame about the scuff marks on the rim edge!

Cheers mate, yeah pretty clean just need my little penny dents on roof sorting and the wheels I hadn't seen anyone use then, you can see over two years since I put them on now everyone's using them. They are nice wheels I love em and cost me £200 I've got 5 of em too.

Regards to the curb wasn't even my fault which annoyed me I had to move right over on my street and caught it I'll probably get them re painted at some point but it's a necessity currently.
Yeah, have to be very careful not to even slightly brush any kerbs with those type alloys and oem's or they are easily susceptible to scuffing or worse.

I had my oem's refurbished to mint about a year ago, so i take extra special care to avoid getting close to any kerbs.
160mph_boy wrote:Yeah, have to be very careful not to even slightly brush any kerbs with those type alloys and oem's or they are easily susceptible to scuffing or worse.

I had my oem's refurbished to mint about a year ago, so i take extra special care to avoid getting close to any kerbs.

Yeah mate one of those unfortunate things shame really. Easily fixed though just time and money so no big deal.
cosmicmarc wrote:
160mph_boy wrote:Aye, can happen to the best of us bud.

Just the one wheel that's scuffed ?

Think I got one other got some slight marks on outer rim that happened going through mcds drive through lol

They will be refurbed one day
Haha... i was going through the maccydoodles drive thru other day and was that busy with head down counting out my loose change to realise car was slowly creeping forward and i nearly went into the bush sticking out the side of the drive thru :lol:

like i said... happens to the best of us :-D
160mph_boy wrote:
cosmicmarc wrote:
160mph_boy wrote:Aye, can happen to the best of us bud.

Just the one wheel that's scuffed ?

Think I got one other got some slight marks on outer rim that happened going through mcds drive through lol

They will be refurbed one day
Haha... i was going through the maccydoodles drive thru other day and was that busy with head down counting out my loose change to realise car was slowly creeping forward and i nearly went into the bush sticking out the side of the drive thru :lol:

like i said... happens to the best of us :-D
Yeah it's a bugger I had stretch on my last set of tyres that were on too and that's when the accidents occurred.
Well update time, nothing major just a few bits over next two days.

So finally decided to part with money for the skunk 2 gear knob and put that on today.

So my engine as stated before isn't the most clean bay, so thought I'd start giving it a bit of a clean.

Got to say I don't mind cleaning my car at all something I actually enjoy, the engine bay however I can't say the same. Frustrating and incredibly hard to get the standard I would probably have hoped to get. My wearing rocker cover doesn't help the look and to be honest the more I started to look round the bay I wanted to replace loads of nuts and bolts that look tired, however that ain't going to happen.

So here's what it looked like

Bit of cleaning on the cover and some of the plastics and gaps, it looked a little better. Friday I'm going to clean more plastic and pipes with the Aerospace 303.

Not fully finished but my cold beers were calling and I had had enough lol.

Anyhow Friday I'm off to Solly for my arches rolling as I left it long enough, I also hope to do some restoration on the headlights as the look bit worn, then I'm going to coat them in Gtechniqs sealant, been a big fan/supporter of Gtechniq for a lot of years now.

Only other things I would really like are my wheels re powder coating in a Gold finish and also get my hands onto a Euro Accord R Intake cover, I'm struggling to justify £85 shipped from USA and don't think I could pay £100 that Tegiwa are charging.

Cheers Quinny
Well had few days off from work not really took any holiday since January so with the weather been good thought I'd give a full day to the car.

Sorry pics don't look good quality but I'm using my iPhone as to be honest I don't have a good camera and not really needing to invest in good one.

Anyhow finally got my arches rolled last weeks thanks to Solly on here did a great job cheers mate.

So the car looks much better in person really gleaming well

So good shampoo and was
Clay Bar using Dodo Juice
Polish Poorboys
Wax (2 coats) Dodo juice
Gtechniq on the headlights.
Gtechniq trim restorer
303 Aerospace

I'm hiding the left corner of the rocker cover as it's peeled :-|

Plans next she has MOT due In October and I'm going to give her a service as I didn't do a service last year as just didn't warrant it for the miles the car did. I'll put in to perspective car did 80000 in June last year it has only just gone over 83000.

So it will be spark plugs already bought
oil change
Gearbox oil change
New front discs oem brembos

I also plan to buy the RBC intake cover from the USA Next few months as I would like the more standard look in the bay I've had the show bay before in my MK1 Golf, never again.

Cheers for looking I know these updates bit boring but like to keep some progress on how I treat/look after my cars which if you seen my golf and mini in top page you will know i look after my cars well.

Cheers Quinny
Well well things been going swimmingly of late with the car

I finally got hold of the USA RBC Intake cover, and I do prefer it looking more standard in the bay now.

I've also recently collected all my goods for the cars service in October
New oil and filter
Gearbox oil
New spark plugs
New brake discs all round.

On top of that I have bought some pre face rear lights soon to be fitted, the cheaper looking lights on mine just slowly grated on me and grew a dislike towards them.

Then just as things seem to going rather well, a complete impatient tosspot decided to try and swerve round me while half way out of a car parking space, as the spaces behind me were empty and thought they were clever and couldn't be bothered waiting. So results in my rear bumper been scratched
:bad-words: :bad-words:

So here what it's done.

So I have a very trusty body shop I use for anything and he is going to re spray the whole rear bumper and get rid of this
Also on the other side

And to top it off for no extra cost going to get rid of these two spots that been on since I bought the car on my front splitter all for £290

So bad for me in cost but suppose will look a bit fresher as those two spots did annoy me as my car is pretty mint condition wise.

Anyhow all that's left after this doing is save couple hundred quid and get a new wheel colour on the evo 9 wheels, looking for a bronze and slightly dark gold to go nicely with the cosmic paintwork.
Knite Force wrote:Amazing, the way your engine bay looks now mate, job well done!!!

Too bad about the rear bumper though... :salut:

Cheers the bay has improved shame things like the RBC have marks but it looks much cleaner.

The bumper will be sorted just cheesed me off as I could have used that money for my wheels instead.
By cosmicmarc
ctr-lib wrote:Hi mate

Loving the ep on the evo 9 rims

Shame about the scuff

Let me know if you decide to sell as I'll take it off your hands

Cheers
Lib

Cheers but I won't be selling this car for a long time mate nothing I want really to replace it, I've owned 3 of 5 cars I'd like to own, last ones to own are an Evo tommy mak and an e30 325i and I'm not going to get what I want.
By cosmicmarc
SeanEP3 wrote:not get the tosser that hit you to pay?

No mate as by laws of road I was technically to blame as it's classed as same rules as pulling out of a junction.

They havent even claimed against me yet so hopefully they don't. I'm lucky I know a good body shop I can trust.
jonezy wrote:
leeds106 wrote:and this is how they looked after i was called in to save the day lol
How? Need this
Anyone else tried this

"rubber down with scotch pad and wet and dry to remove the mouldy marks then sprayed with a vinyl paint"

Do you rub down wet or dry with scotch pad assuming the green stuff for kitchen?
What grade wet and dry?
Where can you get vinyl paint and how well does it last?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]