The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By cosmicmarc
So last year i decided to get a car that was made after 1990, previous 2 cars were a modified Mini 1275GT Clubman & MK1 Golf GTI.

My previous 2 cars

The MINI (highly modded)

So had enough of the old rattles bangs and everything else that comes with owning classics. when i was 17 i always fancied the EP3 Type R, But yep i had no chance so anyway i got myself one september 2011 after looking at various adds and deciding that black wasn't the colour i fancied, i went to look at a Premier Edition but it was rather suspect to say the least so off we went back up north to look at one i had kept going back to saying that looks the one. We went we looked i drove i liked i bought, im rather impulsive and here it is.

ImageImage

So totally stock
pretty much the full service history not a scratch to be seen bar one small one on rear bumper, interior really clean and good.

So walked away and vowed no real high spending on this one as the last two cost me a small fortune.

Right ill upset everyone and give my reasons why here, i wanted an induction kit purely for the noise, i do less than 5000 miles a year hence why i could look after babies like my last 2 cars, i dont care for bragging rights or what this and that cost. Im simply not interested i want to hear vtec and at a reasonable cost so i opted for the K&N Typhoon, aaaaaargh your all saying it was £60 off fleebay in mint knick and it does the job i need it for, my golf was probably quicker than this Type R and certainly twice as loud with its twin 45 webers :).

Then i bought the Shifter bushes to tighten up the gear changes, good mod that.

My car had no Ipod connection so bought a AUX adaptor off Fleebay £30 and i can use my phone and Pod whay easy win.

Team Heko wind deflectors i really am not paying £155 for JDM ones a real waste IMO for plastic.

Now a favourite product of mine i use and not really a mod but a super product and one i suggest you try. Gtechniq Trim restorer, brought my tired black plastic trim back to factory new and will last years and doesn't come off.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ex ... -restorer/

So im sat there and im like yeah not spending any cash on this car its going to be left alone as leeds106 on here also will testify i said this, and this is what came next.

Evo 9 Enkeis in pretty much mint condition bar 1 wheel thats got slight markings from tyres been taken off rough.
paid £280 with new Evo nuts and locking nuts plus spigot rings. Think i may put these on Monday once i have sealed them with my 2nd other fave product on the market

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ex ... el-armour/

This is hot stuff protect my wheels real good, my 3pc BBS RS047 Splits looked great and kept nice and clean.

Going to use my current Bridgestones on the OEM rims should look good, however has got me into considering lowering the car but i get married in NYC in 4 weeks so may not be the wisest move if i want to keep my gonads like, as its not the cheapesst thing to do.

So i hope to post a few pics up soon as it stands now and with the new rims on also.i dont think my modding will go much further but new to forum and thought id post up.

Left to do for now are
JDM REAR ARB
RE PAINT ALL CALIPERS & HUBS
RE POWDER COAT ROCKER COVER
NEW GEAR KNOB
BRAKE STOPPER, MAYBE GOODRIDGE HOSES ALSO

And that may be it.

Cheers Quinny
Last edited by cosmicmarc on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 28 times in total.
By SeanEP3
any pics of the dash after using that stuff?

wheels look like a good choice. be good to see pics of them on
By leeds106
trancem wrote:When you getting your wheels on mate? Be good to see them!

he will be fitting them on monday if i have anything to do with it lol
By cosmicmarc
I'm going to do the wheels Monday sod it you gits.

Anyone got suggestion for the centres, can't decided wether to keep the mitsubishi ones or make some Honda ones. Proble
Is I've got some grey plastic ones coming but getting a Honda badge to cover I can't find. The grey plastic isnt going to match the wheels colour.
By trancem
Get the universal caps from ebay, paint them the same colour as your wheels, then PM m00k I think off this forum who does the H decals :bigthumb:
By Jameshop
If they were mine, I'd leave the Mitsubishi badges on, I don't understand people's obsession to have matching center caps
A sticker will always look like a sticker
By cosmicmarc
pulpmelon_r wrote:Image

Such a mint mk1 - is that set of webbers I can see in the bay?

Sure was mint mate, hardly a spot of rust to be found. And yes Twin Webers 45s about 165bhp she was when had her set up at Boggs brothers. She flew and sounded amazing psssh to your fancy induction kits

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]