The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
lennybubble wrote:Great threed just read it all,, will be buying some ducks to feed my k&n and because think they look so much better than standard,, have you done anymore to car,,

Hi mate thanks for the comment

Andy who produces the ducts is stopping making them now as some one has started copying them and charging aswell.

He still has some sets left just email Westgate composites
cosmicmarc wrote:
lennybubble wrote:Great threed just read it all,, will be buying some ducks to feed my k&n and because think they look so much better than standard,, have you done anymore to car,,

Hi mate thanks for the comment

Andy who produces the ducts is stopping making them now as some one has started copying them and charging aswell.

He still has some sets left just email Westgate composites
Just this minute been on ebay and bought them,,, shame someone else is doing them,, glad I got them from him
By cosmicmarc
Lewisgame wrote:I also bought some from westgate composites. Couldn't find anyone else making/selling them on eBay.

He has packed in selling them now

Someone out there copied the design like for like and also does them in full Carbon, ah well one of those things two of us have the very first original ones. Also glad to say I've been responsible to help get these on the market and get the concept out
Well not been doing much on this progress blog mainly because been going through a separation with my wife and had lots to sort out and organise, back in with the rents now which doesn't bother me too much, seeing my little girls the most important thing.

Anyhow to the car.

So anyone who has read my thread will know I've always wanted Recaro seats, one thing or another it's never fallen right to buy any that come up. Well that quickly changed once I was bought out of my half of the house.

So Kieran on here sold me his seats and there in finally one of the final pieces to my car.

Also currently in progress is a new steering wheel trimmed by Peter Taylor, I can't wait for this to arrive the guys work is brilliant.

The other piece of my jigsaw is the wheels been powder coated, going for a bronze but having trouble getting the paint I want. I like Titan Bronze or maybe the Fiat Marrano volciano. Really struggling though to match the bronze that's on those Rays wheels.

I got the bumper sorted ended up sourcing a second hand one in pretty good knick so that's that sorted, biggest let down on my car is two penny size dents on top of my roof from cement from my old house roof. I'll get it sorted soon enough.

Today I spent a good 4 hours cleaning the car and giving it a bit of TLC it needed really, had my daughter help which was fun.

Did a polish all round using Poorboys black hole
Coated/cleaned all black plastics/trims etc in 303 Aerospace
Inside was vacuumed and dash cleaner used and some more Aerospace on few parts.
Then did a coat of Jetseal 109 and Gtechniq tyre & trim on the tyres.

Wheels were cleaned with Kleers but I've lost love with them until they get re powder coated.

I don't own a camera and the sun moved by time I came to pictures, but I think it's looking pretty decent.

Cheers Quinny.
Last edited by cosmicmarc on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cosmicmarc
So after a loooooong time I finally got round to doing my wheels last night.

Been looking for a colour for ages and really think it's been the toughest decision I've made on my entire car, end of day wheels and colour can make or break a car for me.

So colour is Fiat 750 Marrano Volvciano fully powder coated and lacquered.

iPhone pictures and light was not great I need to invest in a camera really.

Last pic is really bright lights

Cheers Marc
By cosmicmarc
Ollie milanoctr wrote:The new wheel colour goes really well with cosmic! Im liking the dc5 pedals nice alternative to the usual mugen sets :)

hi cheers mate
im loving the wheels they look so good, pictures don't do enough justice.

yeah i had the dc pedals from pretty early on and liked them the moment i fitted them.

Quinny
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]