The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Yeh tell me about it, once you start with one thing it just keeps going! Meant to be getting new clutch next week but decided to also fit quaife lsd while gearbox is split. Just deciding whether to put 5.1 final drive in at same time aswell! Sounds good for the track tuition, think might need to get it booked.
By D4Z3D
Ahh sorry i can't help you there, i bought them off a guy down in ayrshire and they were already that wacky colour. If i was describing them to a wheel painter i'd say they were metallic candy apple red :lol: . They go matt really fast with brake dust but when you clean them they pop:

By D4Z3D
Yea that looks close enough , doesn't have to be a perfect match to have the same effect. Just be warned that they only look like that for about 20 miles, after that they go a flat pinky colour - which i get a good ripping for :-D .

This was the same day, 50 laps later, complete with lumps of melted rubber :

Image[/URL]
Had some lovely weather up here at the weekend so decided to go drag racing with a few mates. Cars were the usual suspects : 270 bhp astra vxr, my 217Whp civic and my mates 220 bhp DC5 Teg. It was bitterly cold with the track temp not much over freezing so no personal bests but we had a good laugh. All cars were run with full interior, spare wheels and carrying passengers.

EP3 vs DC5

EP3 vs VXR

Some other of the more exotic stuff

350 bhp s3, 500 bhp Skyline

Porsche Panamera Turbo vs Focus RS Mk2

Lambo Huracan vs Audi S3

Audi S3 vs BMW 435i

E46m3 vs Corsa VXR

Vaxuhall Monaro SV8 vs Focus ST

Enjoy!
Went up to the Monster Unit 316 track night at Knockhill for a pre-Jap fest shakedown. My new R888 tyres are really grippy and the car goes really well. First time i've really used the 260 bhp and it feels nice. Shame everything else on track had mega mega power, still i could keep up round the bends :lol: .

First run by myself:

Took my dad out for a wee drive:

Flypasts

Brand New R888's , front nearside left takes an absolute pounding at knockhill. needless to say this will now be a rear tyre for the rest of its life :lol:

Last edited by D4Z3D on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By D4Z3D
Greatodensraven wrote:Nice,
When i see threads with vids of track days like this , it make me think sod saving for an fk2 deposit and spend it on the ep3 and do some track days , have some fun.
Yea you do not need to have the latest, greatest car to have fun on track. A well prepped older car can be an absolute riot. Plus you don't worry too much about getting stone chips on the bonnet :lol:
By D4Z3D
Hey folks, it was nice to meet and speak to a few of you at Japfest 2016 this weekend! To be honest i wish i had more time to hang about the stand and chat but we were all flat out trying to get the car and associated paperwork ready for the three track sessions i had during the event. I feel like i barely saw a quarter of what was on offer at the event!

So we drove down from Glasgow (340 miles) and checked into the crazy campsite the night before. Such a collection of amazing cars and people. The atmosphere was a great laugh, it felt like a music festival, although us old b4stards went to bed around midnight, just when all the horn and rev battles began it seems :lol: .

Some pics of the site:

So after 30 minutes sleep we went to the track and by the time we waited in the entry queue, there was about half an hour to attend briefings and get the car ready. Managed it but it was pretty close!

The first session was really really slippy as it was wet with standing water, and at the briefing the marshals warned us that a classis race had taken part the day before and there was lot of oil about. Perfect for my first time on silverston, time to fallback on my extensive video gaming experience of doing the track in assetto corsa :lol: .

Session 1:

Session went well although i though they were using a different exit than the GP pits one , so i ended up getting an accidental cool down lap, bit of a rookie mistake but oh well. Session 2 had dried up but the drifters had been out and completely ruined the track surface with lumps of rubber. It was also a pretty busy session and i started at the back, so i spent the first half being stuck behind a group of slow moving cars. I ended up slowing down for half a lap to let the moving chicane disappear, then i got a good run till the end of the session:

The third session was a good laugh, the drying track let me push on a bit , but my passenger and i were swearing a bit too much so i wont post it :lol: . Also the session was red flagged after 10 minutes because of a crash so there is not much to see footage wise.

We then swapped the wheels over, put all the luggage back in and drove 340 miles back up to Glasgow. most tired i have ever been driving and i was sharing the driving with friends. It was a riot , but next time i think i will trailer the car haha.

Cheers to all CTRO folks i talked to, and the management for organising the stand :-D

Car looked well mate,saw u going round in the afternoon,think u was having a bit of a battle with a black ep3. That evo with the rusty spray job had some pace to it. Black nsx sounded insane.The drive home after a Trackday is a killer let alone driving to the other end of the country.respect for that one .
shaRRpy wrote:Car looked well mate,saw u going round in the afternoon,think u was having a bit of a battle with a black ep3. That evo with the rusty spray job had some pace to it. Black nsx sounded insane.The drive home after a Trackday is a killer let alone driving to the other end of the country.respect for that one .
Cheers! Yea the car was a good laugh at Silverstone, it manged the 700 miles of motorway driving and an hour on track much better than i did!

In each session there were a number of nice EP3's that ended up "travelling" together on track.. at high speed.. in close proximity, definitely not racing though :lol: . I spoke to some of the owners in the pit lane before hand, one of the black ones was the same spec and tyres as mine so it was a nice drive. There was also a stripped out hillclimb one with a 5.46 that was a bit quicker on the straights, can't remember the guys forum alias but he is definitely on here, i remember reading the build thread. I wanted to follow lewisgame for a few laps as he has done the track a few times, but we always ended up in different sessions unfortunately.

To be honest i was surprised how well all the EP3's were fairing against the 6 cylinder Japanese muscle cars and 4 banger turbos. I have footage somewhere of chasing the nsx for half a lap and it sounded fantastic. There were a couple of huge power evo's on track that just disappeared, one was the rust effect wrap evo , and the other was an 8 or 9 fq 360 with more like 600 bhp :LOL: .

All in it was a great experience though, i fancy Donington or Oulton next, but i will definitely bring a bigger support car next time. My mates poor DC5 was on the stand with the entire interior filled with tents, wheels, Jerry cans, helmets etc.
Hiya folks,

Had a cracking track evening last night at MU716. It was a three hour open pit with all the tuner cars in Scotland, and from further afield. Some truly beautiful metal out on track and the standard of driving was excellent. Only 1 reg flag for a mechanical failure and that was it.

My Old honda went well, i just replaced the rear calipers that were both seized on so i felt like i had another 50 bhp :lol: . I also just installed shorter steering arms on the car so i now have -1.6 deg camber on the front and -1.1 on the back. This makes the car really balanced, you can steer it on the throttle very nicely. More pics coming later, here is a vids also:

Chasing E92 M3 and 911 c4s:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]