The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
bluntcap wrote:Hopefully they will issue you a new one free of charge? Especially if they knew there was possibly an issue with the design or build quality.
They have already replaced it under warranty, if it happened a couple of months later then I don't think they would have

I still had to pay the delivery and import duty for the replacement and the labour to remove and refit box plus all my extra costs for being without a car for three weeks so I'm not too happy about it
Not quite sure how a final drive fail? Especially given that you arent running turbo or supercharged.

Thought mfactory were lifetime warranty? And I also thought there were duty exceptions for warranty replacements?

Suppose they have to stop somewhere, and mfactory is a competitive price to begin with, least it didn't take the rest of the box down with it. Could have been much worse
jonezy wrote:Not quite sure how a final drive fail? Especially given that you arent running turbo or supercharged.

Thought mfactory were lifetime warranty? And I also thought there were duty exceptions for warranty replacements?

Suppose they have to stop somewhere, and mfactory is a competitive price to begin with, least it didn't take the rest of the box down with it. Could have been much worse
They do a lifetime warranty on their diffs, only a year on final drives, the diff had a new case last year after Stevie had found the bolt heads had sheared off and now the final drive failed
bondyboy wrote:
jonezy wrote:Not quite sure how a final drive fail? Especially given that you arent running turbo or supercharged.

They do a lifetime warranty on their diffs, only a year on final drives, the diff had a new case last year after Stevie had found the bolt heads had sheared off and now the final drive failed
Damn, not a great advert for Mfactory.
bluntcap wrote:
bondyboy wrote:

Damn, not a great advert for Mfactory.
not great no :eek:
As with all automotive parts (be it oem or aftermarket), there is always a chance of a part failing, especially if it is an internal performance part (not a bolt-on) that is subject to the kind of stresses that a transmission needs to go through. It doesn't matter who the manufacturer of the part is (every manufacturer will have people running the parts no problem, whilst others have the parts failing on them); what matters is if the manufacturer will still be there to help you "after" they've taken your money.

I believe we are the only manufacturer to offer a full 1 year warranty on gears. Transmission internals are so easy to break, and can be due to so many different variables (one of which is the standard "the customer is never at fault, so blame it on the manufacturer") that most will not offer any warranty whatsoever once the gears are installed and run in your transmission, regardless of who is at fault. You could spend £2500 with Hewland for a custom final drive, and if it breaks 10 miles down the road, you are sh*t out of luck. No one would ever say Hewland products are not good though (they do supply F1 transmissions after-all). We offer it because we stand behind our product 101% (and also because we manufacturer these in the hundreds, so will always have spares on the shelf, unlike our competitors who would have to split their "kits", leaving them with spare parts they can't sell)

We are definitely the only manufacturer though to offer a 30-day money back guarantee on our final drives and LSD's ;)

If you still have doubts, please feel free to PM me and I can discuss further about our manufacturing processes to assure you of our quality and customer service.
teamMFactory wrote:As with all automotive parts (be it oem or aftermarket), there is always a chance of a part failing, especially if it is an internal performance part (not a bolt-on) that is subject to the kind of stresses that a transmission needs to go through. It doesn't matter who the manufacturer of the part is (every manufacturer will have people running the parts no problem, whilst others have the parts failing on them); what matters is if the manufacturer will still be there to help you "after" they've taken your money.

I believe we are the only manufacturer to offer a full 1 year warranty on gears. Transmission internals are so easy to break, and can be due to so many different variables (one of which is the standard "the customer is never at fault, so blame it on the manufacturer") that most will not offer any warranty whatsoever once the gears are installed and run in your transmission, regardless of who is at fault. You could spend £2500 with Hewland for a custom final drive, and if it breaks 10 miles down the road, you are sh*t out of luck. No one would ever say Hewland products are not good though (they do supply F1 transmissions after-all). We offer it because we stand behind our product 101% (and also because we manufacturer these in the hundreds, so will always have spares on the shelf, unlike our competitors who would have to split their "kits", leaving them with spare parts they can't sell)

We are definitely the only manufacturer though to offer a 30-day money back guarantee on our final drives and LSD's ;)

If you still have doubts, please feel free to PM me and I can discuss further about our manufacturing processes to assure you of our quality and customer service.
pm'd
bondyboy wrote:
davey j wrote:I'm running an Mfactory unit. Sub 10k miles but no drama so far. Does the job well enough. Unlucky on yours man but this stuff does happen unfortunately.
the 5.46 or the later 5.417? mine was on a fair bit less than 10k

yes, hopefully yours will be ok :smile:
Sorry wasn't clear bro. The diff. In for the 5.417 in the coming months via Stevie. Diff's been fine though.
davey j wrote:Pulling away from that BMW too. Lovely stuff! Goes great.
maybe, but he was letting me, it was driven by Mike from RMotion so could have flown past at any point, we had arranged for him to stay close behind to get camera time (gopro fish eye lens makes everything so far away)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]