The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
I've not long come back from an epic Assetto Corsa inspired roadtrip, 3524 miles in two weeks across europe

Started in Belguim
mission control

Popped across to here

Stayed at the Dorint hotel on the start finish straight with this as my view from my balcony

visited a few of these across Germany ;)

Drove down to Baden-Baden and then did the "route 500"

Went to the theatre

Not many Hondas about in Germany, parked up at some resteraunt in Wankheim I found this

Then I had a major oil leak!!! :-(

not to worry, just a 5l oil container that was leaking in the boot

took an hour or so to sort

Got a bit hot on some days

Then through Austria and into Italy, drove round Lake Garda, Lake Idro and stayed up in Lake Ledro (gorgeous place) and did a bit of the Trento Bondone hill climb

Bondone

end of the road

Lake Ledro (had a nice swim in there)

on the road to lake Ledro

really got into the Italian style of driving that day

View from my room at Lake Ledro

Lake Garda

Then down to Imola where I stayed at a hotel between the Riviazza

visited the Ayrton Senna memorial

Then drove to Mugello on the back roads from Imola, beautiful scenery and awesome roads

popped down to here

Visited Rome

Lake Bracciano

before starting to make my way towards home but stopped along the way here

and here
drove around what I could of the F1 track, making sure to roll over any kerbs I could lol, did the tunnel a couple of times, super/hyper cars everywhere there and so many people would turn round on the sound of me burbling down the road expecting to see some swish car only to see me in a shitty old civic :-D

visited Nice, didn't think it particularly nice
the way out of Nice

Did the "Route du Napoleon", stunning scenery and great roads

Then on some random backroad on the way to les deux alpes came across a uk EP3! :-D

old road to les deux alpes

and I couldn't leave the Alpes without doing a bit of downhill moutain biking

Kieran_CTR » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 pm wrote:Wow bondy! Epic photos & looks of it u had a awesome trip! I'm jealous but I have Mexico to look forward to next year :D after seeing your photos u have put in my head to do what u did! How for plan & find everywhere :lol:
I had an idea of where I wanted to visit or drive then just fired up google earth and planned a rough route that would only see me driving for 5 hours max per day, checked on booking.com that there were cheap hotels in each of my overnight stay areas (but didn't book), then would either book the place the night before or on the day of arrival - that way I could change my plans if I wanted to
bondyboy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:
Kieran_CTR » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 pm wrote:Wow bondy! Epic photos & looks of it u had a awesome trip! I'm jealous but I have Mexico to look forward to next year :D after seeing your photos u have put in my head to do what u did! How for plan & find everywhere :lol:
I had an idea of where I wanted to visit or drive then just fired up google earth and planned a rough route that would only see me driving for 5 hours max per day, checked on booking.com that there were cheap hotels in each of my overnight stay areas (but didn't book), then would either book the place the night before or on the day of arrival - that way I could change my plans if I wanted to
Awesome mate! I would love to go to lake ledro looks a beautiful place plus getting to swim in it too!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]