The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
cossiemark wrote:
Aid1987 wrote:
cossiemark wrote:Nice progress with the car looks very nice.
Thanks Mark! :salut: Still got more I'd like to do as and when the funds allow.
could you give me a list of all the products you got?
Cleaning wise?
Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo
Dodo Juice Red Mist detailer
Poor Boys Quick Detailer Plus
Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish sealant
Auto Finesse Crystal glass cleaner
'Clean Your Car' miracle dryer cloth
Eurow micro fibre towels
Lambs wool wash mitt
Meguiers micro fibre wash mitt
Meguiers micro fibre cloths
Meguiers water magnet
Meguiers PlastX
Meguiers scratch X2.0
Meguiers tyre gel
Meguiers clay bars
2 x Meguiers wash buskets + grit guards and lids
Meguiers Tech Wax
Various applicator pads
Gunk engine cleaner/degreaser

Plus some other random stuff I've accumulated but don't really use.

That's it really, quite modest compared to a lot of others but I would like to get some wheel sealant and interior cleaner next though.
Right, so I had some time off before Mimms at North Weald so decided to get the Buddy Clubs painted!

I bought some new centre caps off eBay which I painted to match the wheels.

Wheels taking shape now they were primed.

Quick photo after the first coat of paint. :-D

I contacted Mook and had him make me up some decals for the new centre caps and he done an awesome job! :cool:

The finished product! A whole lot better than what they looked like before and much better than what they looked like when the were released in my opinion. I also bought a silver pen and accented the 'Buddy Club JAPAN' raised lettering on each of the wheels.

I realised a couple of days before Mimms than I didn't have any spigot rings for the new wheels so contacted a company from eBay who had them in stock but couldn't get them to me in time so I had to drive down to Southend the day before Mimms to get them. :-x

My pretty, new spigot rings :-D :wink:

Only got a couple of photos of my car at Mimms. I also bought some new tuner nuts and locking nuts in order to fit the new wheels.

While fitting the wheels I adjusted the ride height and raised it by 10mm to allow for the slightly bigger profile tyre and to make it a bit more comfortable I softened the damping a tad as well.

Last minute change was to fit some 'i-VTEC dohc' decals and remove the 'Type R' ones from the side skirts. Gives it a bit more of a USDM feel I think. :smile:

N77 wrote:Good job on the painting of the wheels, looks an excellent job.

Loving the use of the playing cards :lol:
Thanks mate. I really took my time in them and happy with how they came out. :bigthumb:

Can't take credit for the cards, saw it on another forum about 5 years ago, works well though.
Just sat and read through 9 pages. Great car and what you have done to it mate.
You must have saved yourself a fortune in labour costs. Also putting the work in and doing it yourself is really rewarding.
Iam happy to have a go myself but not as proficient as you appear to be [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
hothatch wrote:Just sat and read through 9 pages. Great car and what you have done to it mate.
You must have saved yourself a fortune in labour costs. Also putting the work in and doing it yourself is really rewarding.
Iam happy to have a go myself but not as proficient as you appear to be [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Thanks mate, I'm really happy with it. :smile: :bigthumb:

Yeah I've probably saved a fair bit but I like working on the car too. To be honest I just research a lot before I attempt something new and I have the added bonus of having a company car so I don't have to worry about getting work finished at the weekend.
Not much of an update but the car passed it's MOT yesterday with no advisories! :bigthumb: I was also glad because the sports CAT went through without any problems too!

Close up of the new decal.

I also bought this Buddy Club Type A gear knob from Tuf on here and happens matches the wheels too. :cooldude:

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]