The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Hey, here is the progress on my Civic. Still a few things to do but so far spec is;

ABP/Eibach 30mm lowering springs
Eibach Camber Bolts & Rear Camber Arms
ABP FRSU
Brenscivic Gear Knob
Mugen Oil Cap
Mugen Rad Cap
Mugen Socks
Red Calipers
Fujitsubo RM01-A Cat Back
Rota Torques 7.5 x 17" ET45 in Bronze
Buddyclub 'Race' Nuts
Toyo R888's 215/45/17

Did have a set of Heko wind deflectors however they only lasted a week before I got fed up with them!

To do (however the list keeps on growing...! :s)
Baffled Sump - done
Piper Manifold & Sports Cat - done
Tegiwa Induction Kit - done
RBC
KPro - done

And a track day or two in the summer..

Pictures showing progress:

Dealer pic

Comments?

Thanks for looking,
Dan
Last edited by dannyhall on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:26 am, edited 21 times in total.
By jreedy
looks lovely and clean mate!

what backbox is that? looks like a spoon n1 but the tailpipe looks different to the n1's tailpipe???

likeing those wheels as well!

if i had my time again id have gone for a milano red ctr (nhb's look just as good though :wink: )

:thumbup: .............. :cooldude:
By dannyhall
jreedy wrote:looks lovely and clean mate!

what backbox is that? looks like a spoon n1 but the tailpipe looks different to the n1's tailpipe???

if i had my time again id have gone for a milano red ctr (nhb's look just as good though :wink: )

Cheers fella. Haha I would only have a Milano, or a JDM but couldnt justify the extra £££ for a older car with a lot more miles. NHB's (and Cosmic Greys) are nice though!

Its a Fujitsubo RM01A, didnt want the extra noise of the N1 and got it at a decent price :) Wouldnt mind your JRSC though!
By jreedy
:thumbup:
dannyhall wrote:

Cheers fella. Haha I would only have a Milano, or a JDM but couldnt justify the extra £££ for a older car with a lot more miles. NHB's (and Cosmic Greys) are nice though!

Its a Fujitsubo RM01A, didnt want the extra noise of the N1 and got it at a decent price :) Wouldnt mind your JRSC though!
oh right...fujitsubo's are mega rare sytems....................i want one :cooldude:

if you ever get the chance get a jrsc added to your ep3....you'll love it!

nice choice of mods already mate...... you must have done your research well :salut: .........
By dannyhall
jreedy wrote::thumbup:
dannyhall wrote:

oh right...fujitsubo's are mega rare sytems....................i want one :cooldude:

if you ever get the chance get a jrsc added to your ep3....you'll love it!

nice choice of mods already mate...... you must have done your research well :salut: .........
Lol I know they are, and I know why, the sound is pretty epic TBH, and thats on a fairly stock car!

Yeah I've been told, its alot of coin and not sure if too much power through the front wheels for a road car??

Thanks fella :)
By tonyb86
Hi

Nice looking car.

What does you're exhaust sound like? I currently have an oem back box with a supersprint b-pipe, its just to raspy for me in v-tec and would like something deeper that doesn't look like i have a dust bin strapped to the back of the car. Yours looks like a good size (your back box)
By dannyhall
tonyb86 wrote:Hi

Nice looking car.

What does you're exhaust sound like? I currently have an oem back box with a supersprint b-pipe, its just to raspy for me in v-tec and would like something deeper that doesn't look like i have a dust bin strapped to the back of the car. Yours looks like a good size (your back box)

Its not raspy at all, more a deep throaty sound, is at its loudest on idle or VTEC and even then its not ear deafening! I can sit at 70mph in 6th and still hold a conversation with everybody in the car.. Thinks its a 3" tailpipe? Would defo recommend one
By tonyb86
dannyhall wrote:
tonyb86 wrote:Hi

Nice looking car.

Its not raspy at all, more a deep throaty sound, is at its loudest on idle or VTEC and even then its not ear deafening! I can sit at 70mph in 6th and still hold a conversation with everybody in the car.. Thinks its a 3" tailpipe? Would defo recommend one
How much was it? If you dont mind me asking?
By dannyhall
Haha I dont blame you! I was lucky, managed to drop on one being offered on here for alot less than that, but as said, they are rare so maybe a little while.. Think the cheapest is around £950 new after import taxes etc :o
By hovblackctr
Rims look great Dan! :thumbup:

The 888's on track are epic :twisted:
Give me a shout when you are ready to do Oulton and i will give you some pointers.

p.s Is that your dads TT i can see in one of the pics! :cooldude:
By dannyhall
hovblackctr wrote:Rims look great Dan! :thumbup:

The 888's on track are epic :twisted:
Give me a shout when you are ready to do Oulton and i will give you some pointers.

p.s Is that your dads TT i can see in one of the pics! :cooldude:
Cheers Julian :)

Wheels are spot on, really chuffed with them! I am looking forward to testing the tyres properly, just want a few more things then I'll get it booked! Will let you know once its all booked up

Haha well spotted, yeah thats his pride and joy!
By dannyhall
Went to Tegiwa last week & collected the Tegiwa M with red SFS hose. Was told will only take an hour to fit but took me two hours just to mod and refit the scuttle!

Only got a couple of pictures and a rubbish vid but does really make this VTEC malark...

Comments??

Thanks,
Dan
Ragingspeedhorn wrote:absolutely stunning how a ctr should be nice work dude :cool:
Cheers fella :) Yeah I'm happy with it, going leave it be for alittle while now, drop in baffled sump in the next couple of months & a trackday and should be done for 2011..
OZ 82 wrote:Awesome. Looks like you did a good job fitting the Teg :salut:
Cheers fella, the Teg was a bitch to fit! Had to superglue sponge to the scuttle prevent rubbing but it'll do! :)
toast wrote:You need to change gear later dude, that was poor lol

Looks like you did a good job with the scuttle
Lol! I dont like reving it too high, was only the second time id given it beans with the Teg on too :P
hovblackctr wrote:Is that the Rode Heath to Congleton road Dan, looks familiar :P

Airbox looks sweet mate! :thumbup:
Well spotted Julian! T'is a nice stretch, do like the right hander after the hill but there is some bumps in it now :( PS, got my UK Circuit Guide through earlier in the week, was discontinued as the mother ordered 2010 and not 2011! Cant wait get some track time, will either be Oulton or Donnington from what ive been reading, need to make my mind up now...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]