The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Rambo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:Thats why i wont do track time at shows. Its way to dangerous
Yeah its given me second thoughts anyway, much rather a open pit lane any day of the week.

Was good fun showing the ST's & RS's whose boss though (on the corners lol)
160mph_boy wrote:Thanks for eventually getting a vid up of your session! Car pulls well mate...nice going 8-) That Porsche tho :twisted:

Btw that air freshner FTW ;) :lol:
Yeah its taken awhile but the old camcorder was no longer up to the job. Haha the porsche wasnt hanging about but with slicks and a damp track & traffic meant I could sort of keep up

Haha cant go wrong with a H Tune air freshener - even if it no longer smells!
1812_s wrote:thought about what bike your getting once youve passed your test ? did mine about a year ago now ;)
TBH mate its still early days, only been riding 3 months now lots to learn. But I do like the idea of a CBR 600RR or a ZX6R.. How did you find the test? And how long did you leave it before going for it? What bike did you go for?
the tests were fine past both first time, mod 1 is probably the one to be more worried and mod 2 is just like a car test and fly's by. I only got a bike 6 months after passing as i was gathering funds. Bought a suzuki Sv650s great first big bike not to much power but not to little either. A little video from the weekend i did with some friends
1812_s » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:50 am wrote:the tests were fine past both first time, mod 1 is probably the one to be more worried and mod 2 is just like a car test and fly's by. I only got a bike 6 months after passing as i was gathering funds. Bought a suzuki Sv650s great first big bike not to much power but not to little either. A little video from the weekend i did with some friends
I remember the manoverves being a blag on the CBT and slightly easier on the road so imagine similar just on a much bigger bike (did the CBT on a CG125 lol)

Ah very nice! Certainly more powerful than mine, love mine through the twisties but lack of grunt and always downshifting on the inclines is starting to drag.. Ordered some theory test DVDs and will get it booked for next month.

Love the video! Some very nice bikes there :D
chucklberry » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:Did you need the arches rolling to fit the rotas?? What springs was it you are running??
Arches were rolled for the Evo wheels however these are the same offset so would imagine they would need to be. Springs are the ABP/Eibach springs
So not alot really has happened with the car, been stored in the garage and using the bike.

Did a trackday @ Oulton a few weeks back, awesome day out good company & weather and car performed really well. Apart from the NSR caliper sticking on and melting a set of pads - big shout out to Ash aka R'ash for sorting me out.

Sold the Evo wheels after Rockingham and bought a set of OEMs with nearly new Federal RSR's. Good tyres but felt more understeer than before but will tinker with tyre pressures next time out. Either that or sidewall flex.

Little video too, one of the quicker sessions too with a 2.03 - not bad considering its still got full interior and with a passenger..

Finally fitted my K Tuned fuel rail & gauge too

Ordered a slider kit for the rear calipers and just awaiting new rear pads from Rob @ Area then can use it on the roads again. Only been doing food shopping and track days the last 5 months.. :-/
chucklberry wrote:What colour lower control arms did you have on your red type r
Hi mate, erm think they were hard anodized but its going back a good while, Eightspeed supplied them back in the day.

Updates will be coming for the car soon, got a new daily so once thats been serviced/tweaked work can begin on this. Just need to source carbon bonnet, boot, mugen front lip and a bodyshop visit. Would love a cage too just insurance being a pain in the ass...
I've just read this thread the whole way through... My comments are
First car was amazing. I think you bought it from my garage!
Great mods then you were crazy to sell
I prefer the NA car to the boosted.. Can't beat screaming vtec
Your driving skills have increased massively (subscribed to your YouTube Chanel)
Can't believe you like in Stoke and I've never seen you about.
You have far too much money! What do you do for work?

Great read, great car, great ideas for my car. Thanks

Big thumbs up for this thread!
coxy_gti wrote:I've just read this thread the whole way through... My comments are
First car was amazing. I think you bought it from my garage!
Great mods then you were crazy to sell
I prefer the NA car to the boosted.. Can't beat screaming vtec
Your driving skills have increased massively (subscribed to your YouTube Chanel)
Can't believe you like in Stoke and I've never seen you about.
You have far too much money! What do you do for work?

Great read, great car, great ideas for my car. Thanks

Big thumbs up for this thread!
Hi mate, thanks for the praise. I bought the first one from Holdcroft Honda at the start of 2011, is that where you work?

I was crazy to sell but all loved up with the ex and decided to buy a house. Always knew I'd get another one but this one is more of a long term project now as its not even a weekend toy these days, just a garage queen. This one is 2 seconds a lap quicker round Oulton than the old one but think thats down to the gearbox. I'd like a 2 minute lap around Oulton but weight reduction and better suspension should help me acheive that - once funds allow!

I now live in Biddulph where about are you from?

Haha I wish that was the case but I work hard and pick up the overtime when its there. Im a staff nurse, working at the Haywood but start at the Royal Stoke next week in intensive care.

No real updates for this car, facelift Mugen splitter and Carbon Mugen style Seibon wing is here, Skunk2 gearknob now fitted feels nicer than the old Buddyclub I had installed previously. Took it round the block the other week and got some pictures.

Got the rear coilovers built up however they sent out the wrong bearings for the fronts so still awaiting for them to arrive, 2 months into this job.. Grr. 9kg front springs and 16kg rear springs, new front dampers and all new bearings. Bottom mounts have been painted do like how the BC's are completely rebuildable.

Also the new daily has been restored, needed quite abit of TLC, full service, replacement dampers (coilovers), wheels and tyres, brakes and interior items replaced/fixed. Its been machine polished and corrected due to my aunty/grandparents never polishing it the last 10 years... All taxed and insured and returning 55+ mpg. Its been nicknamed the diseasel ha. Alignment booked in @ Brosport in the morning and it'll do for 12 months before I change it next year.

Also booked on for the stand at Japfest so will be good to attend this year, and first trackday of 2016 booked, Cadwell Park 22nd May - cant wait, just hope the suspension is rebuilt and installed in time!

Thanks for looking,
Dan
Things are slowly developing with the car now, after cadwell destroyed an engine mount and snapping the bracket for the droplink on the trailing arm its been off the road on axle stands in bits..

Decided was time to remove the seats and do a few other odd jobs that I've been wanting for awhile. Interior in the process of being resprayed satin black - weather holding me back on this job though but not looking too bad just a few more coats to go.

Trailing arms have been removed & replacement sourced, currently at the powdercoaters being done in red along with the rear strut brace. Gone for Strongflex bushes for the rear, at 90a think it'll be quite lively on the rear end now especially with less weight over the rear axle..

Ordered a few parts that should transform the car;

Micro RS2 seats in red/black
M2 sliding rails
OMP Velocita Superleggra wheel
OMP boss kit
Red harness bar
Evo 8 wheels in gloss black
Yokohama A048s
Fugen lip & grill
Fiberworx FX wings

Few pictures from its outing at Cadwell and recent progress. Coilovers were fitted in time including new track rod ends, Tegiwa steering arms & roll centre adjusters and Skunk2 LCA's. FRSU by Brosport with a touch more toe out worked a treat

Going to book Blyton Park for 24th July so better get a move on!

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
Nearly forgot, treated myself to this beauty a few weeks back. 6k, one owner, kept in his dining room in mint condition - cant wait get the tests done, roll on 8th July!

Added in 26 seconds:
Nearly forgot, treated myself to this beauty a few weeks back. 6k, one owner, kept in his dining room in mint condition - cant wait get the tests done, roll on 8th July!

1812_s wrote:well done on the new bike.........i bet youve taken it out already :lol:
Thanks mate, haha I cant admit to that on a public forum ;)
160mph_boy wrote:Nice going, around Cadwell there! Can't beat that angry sound of a tuned EP3 :twisted:

I preferred the OEM wheels much more though!!!
It certainly went well that day, is a epic track when you get it right.

They're for sale if you want to buy them.. I 8-)
Danny_J wrote:Nice RR! Can't wait until next year so i can take my A licence and get a bigger bike! Well done for staying Honda :) How do you find the 600rr? Easy to get used to or is the power a bit raw? Assuming youve took it for a quick spin that is... :)
Thanks mate its a very nice to look at, for the time being! Not used it yet but the power feels very raw going from a 125 and quite abit heavier but im sure I'll get used to it once I can take it out on the roads.
jdw88rm wrote:Ah another EP3 and RR owner! Both great machines, keep up the good work mate!
Petrolheads dream setup :D You got any pictures of yours?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]