The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
cammy92 wrote:Just seen this on facebook, well done thats alot of power :shock:
Are they tdi north stage 1 or 2 cams ?
Cheers dude, theyre the stage 1s. Well worth it :-D
Kev_G wrote:how did you get on at Oulton Park with that exhaust system and DB's as im looking for a system thats track friendly as Oultons just next to me :bigthumb:

I take it from reading your thread that the system you have is this -

http://www.nengun.com/fujitsubo/rm-01a
Hi mate well the other week it was 99db at 4.5K thats with a tegiwa header, silenced b pipe & m2 backbox. With the Fujitsubo & charger etc it was around 92db, but Tegiwa do a rep of that exhaust now for alot less money...
lol 270bhp is the highest i've seen with these cams on an EP3. Saw a couple hit 268 but I thought 270 might be possible. I think if you scroll back a few pages I was telling you to stretch to a tegiwa header as i've i've seen the typical japspeed/dc sports prove to be restrictive with these drop in cams... and I think I was probably right. A friend with drop in cams and japspeed header only got 254bhp, all be it without a 3" exhaust but the header was definitely the weak link. I presume it's a 70mm RBC? I wonder if a big Injen CAI would squeeze a few more bhp?

good results anyway, let me know if you want to sell this car ;)
Lewisgame wrote:Wow that's some impressive figures! I'm booked in with TDI at the end of April. Will have a very similar set up except for cams. Seeing this I may have to put in a set of their cams!
Yeah they are pretty impressive, but think its also down to the 5.86 FD also.. Ah cool, how did you get on at TDI? Are you running a TDI 3" exhaust also? :)
Kieran_CTR wrote:Car is coming along very well Danny :bigthumb:

What engine mods have u done if u don't mind me asking? I want around 270 so less than 20 off myself!
Cheers fella! Sorry to hear about your car, at least youve now got more power than you wanted..

Engine mods are; Tegiwa CAI, Skunk2 70mm TB, RBC ported to 70mm, TDI stage 1 cams, Tegiwa header and TDI 3" cat back and RDX 440cc injectors ;)
SeanEP3 wrote:cracking power. How much is a tune at tdi?
Cheers fella. Hows your car coming along? Erm think its about £350? Got these with a fitted & mapped deal
*nub* wrote:lol 270bhp is the highest i've seen with these cams on an EP3. Saw a couple hit 268 but I thought 270 might be possible. I think if you scroll back a few pages I was telling you to stretch to a tegiwa header as i've i've seen the typical japspeed/dc sports prove to be restrictive with these drop in cams... and I think I was probably right. A friend with drop in cams and japspeed header only got 254bhp, all be it without a 3" exhaust but the header was definitely the weak link. I presume it's a 70mm RBC? I wonder if a big Injen CAI would squeeze a few more bhp?

good results anyway, let me know if you want to sell this car ;)
Yeah apparently its not the first, think Paul said he'd seen 274bhp. But again he was running a very short final drive - tricks the dyno as such..

TDI also recommended the Tegiwa/Toda header as they give more top end but less mid range if I remember correctly?

Yeah its a 70mm RBC, i'll leave the Tegiwa on. Enough power as it is, bit of bodywork to be sorted now then I'll probably pull it off the road and keep it as an ornament in the garage lol
160mph_boy wrote:Any chance of throwing a vid up
Ive got a track session booked for 'Tunerfest' at Oulton so I'll throw one up then :-)
1812_s wrote:wow that's great results :smile:
Nice one fella! Must say loving yours - makes me want a cosmic grey ep3!
ctr-lib wrote:Beast mate!!!

I bet it flys now
Haha cheers Lib

Yeah it doesnt hang about now, itching to get it out on the track!

Not much of an update, but passed its MOT and what I thought was pad rattle again turned out to be warped discs grr. So they'll hopefully be skimmed ASAP

Treated it to a valet - joys of having car cleaning stuff packed away!

Also bought some new wheels - been wanting them for the last 9 months however chose to wait until my tyres were nearly dead on the oems. Shout out to Rob @ Area Motorsport for sorting me these out

Rota G Force in Bronze
17x8 ET35

Looking forward to finally moving into the new place - then it'll be getting a detail as the swirl marks & light scratches are beyond terrible now!
Cheers Stevo yes made much more power than I was expecting.

Certainly pulls well need to invest in a go pro, get slight wheel spin into 3rd & 4th on full chat. Roll on its little outing at Oulton Park next month for 'tunerfest' - also entered the sprint competition too :D
Well only a small update really as Ive been flat out in the new place and the car has taken a back seat as I finally bought a little bike to learn the basics on before going for the direct access over winter.

Car went to Tunerfest, had 3 sessions but went home before the third session due to the appaling driving standards (x3 abreast into corners, focus rs's not moving over and a st crashing in front of me because he wouldnt move over!)

Warped my Stoptech BBK discs so theyve been reskimmed and now all sorted - from Oulton in Feb when I had come in quick due to gear knob falling off lol. Also had to replace a caliper retaining bolt due to one breaking off inside the caliper.

Did a trackday at Rockingham last week that was eventful to say the least. One dead battery meant I arrived at 1130 and due to bald A048s had serious traction issues due to the adverse weather. Only went off 3 times but mainly my fault lift off oversteering hooning about lol.

Purchased a Go Pro Hero3 which didnt work at Tunerfest (cant see out of cabin) but did capture Rockingham quite well with it mounted to passenger window.

I've now sold my OEM & Evo wheels as I need a new trackday set up and fancy another set of Rotas and to try the Nankang NS2Rs...

New bike (2013 Honda CBR 125)

Gutted my go pro battery died before this happened!

Even polished it too (& returned the favour with a dead battery!)

Short video from Rockingham, the Porsche was running slicks & testing hence why he was taking it easy in the bends;

Comments welcome as always
Dan
pulpmelon_r » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:12 pm wrote:Whats the static DB reading on your exhaust dannyhall?
Hi mate im afraid I dont know. Wasnt sound tested at Tunerfest nor Rockingham (late)

My old Tegiwa 421 & CAI/R8BYB silenced/M2 backbox was 99db and this is quieter. More boomy on idle though.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]