The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
dannyhall wrote:
SeanEP3 wrote:looks great!
Nice one Sean, are you up for a trackday early next year? [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Most definitely. Hopefully poly bushing the car and getting a cage over winter, so will be itching to try it out!
NPyke wrote:Jealous of that toda.. Bought Spoon brakes, phenomenal! can only imagine what these are like..
I wish it was a Toda :lol: M2 rep, quite like it though and good for the money.

Ah sweet, the Spoon brakes are pretty rare and use OEM parts too? Cheaper BBK to run very nice!
SeanEP3 wrote:Most definitely. Hopefully poly bushing the car and getting a cage over winter, so will be itching to try it out!
Ah sweet mate, and a cage too! You going for a safety devices? If its white then it'll look as cool as Brens old civic!

Think Lib mentioned he may be posting up about one, spring time next year..
ctr-lib wrote:Good lad!

You'll love the Final drive 5:86 is mental I had the 5.46 and that was good.

Have you been in a car with the k24 6th gear?
Yeah Im looking forward to it, remember going out in Julians was mightly impressed but can't remember what final drive he had?

I haven't no, but with using the car to go to north wales regular for work means id benefit from a cruising gear, and doubt i'll be able to get up to 6th on a track?

Look forward to seeing yours! :cool:

Also forgot to mention i've got a set of Evo 8 wheels wrapped in 215/45/17s for a billy bargain - however one is buckled :???:

Want the arches rolled, full underseal and the wheels refurbed but will be early next year...
Random few pictures;

HID Kit fitted - ballasts hidden in the inner wings. LED sidelights & Blue Xenon main beam bulbs. Detailed engine bay :lol:

Question is do the Evo 8 wheels stay sliver or go Bronze??
I run a 5.46 final drive mate and it makes a huge difference to accelaration but does make 1st gear redundant as it just spins up so easily. I use mine on the road without a longer 6th and it's not too bad to be fair. However with a 5.8 it will be crazy short! :lol:
w6ady wrote:I run a 5.46 final drive mate and it makes a huge difference to accelaration but does make 1st gear redundant as it just spins up so easily. I use mine on the road without a longer 6th and it's not too bad to be fair. However with a 5.8 it will be crazy short! :lol:
Ah sweet, I've been out in CTRs with shorter final drives and always thought it felt more savage. Looking forward to getting the 5.86 on though!

I would risk it without the longer 6th but with commuting on motorways etc this is the best option for me..

Getting a little CBR125 bike in the new year for my regular commuting then will only use this for long distance work & when the weathers crap. Lots of overtime planned over winter! :lol:
M Factory 5.86 final drive, M Factory Helical LSD with the race pack upgrade, K24 6th & OEM clutch kit fitted by Stevie & Lee at Grinspeed earlier in the week.

Completely transformed the car, night & day to how it used to be :-D

Big shout out to Grinspeed for a awesome job, so glad I didnt attempt it myself on a spare box - one giant puzzle!

Also fitted a Tegiwa intake with Fibreworx scoop (piss poor fitment :evil: ) & SFS hose.

Area Motorsport also serviced it, Clock wise motion baffled sump & JDM rocker cover fitted also.

And cleaned - lasted all of 1 day now flithy again :lol:

Next job is to refurb my Evo wheels and the 2 spare I picked up off Rob and get hold of a set of track tyres.

First outing booked for 14th Feb @ Oulton - cant wait :cool:
Haha never! :lol:

This time just N/A, drop in cams & 70mm RBC for the time being. Got a Skunk2 70mm TB & K100 sat in the office waiting..

Have also being toying with the idea of a K24 build but still deciding, may be extra cost thats not needed - & need a house sorted first
dannyhall wrote:Haha never! :lol:

This time just N/A, drop in cams & 70mm RBC for the time being. Got a Skunk2 70mm TB & K100 sat in the office waiting..

Have also being toying with the idea of a K24 build but still deciding, may be extra cost thats not needed - & need a house sorted first
so 260 bhp+. how about ITBs?
260 would be nice.. No ITBs for me though, Im getting old and the noise would drive me insane! :lol:

Collected a set of 225/45/17 A048s Monday for a v good price, tyres removed from Evo wheels and Ford Sea Grey spray paint turned up today. Will keep me busy, wont be a mint job but they're just track wheels - will look better than 3 sliver ones, 1 bronze and 1 rubbed down ready for paint!

Will be getting a JDM rear anti roll bar in the new year too [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Well its your fault Nub but I've emailed TDI North for a quote on the Stage 1 cams and 3" cat back.. :cool:

Also ordered;
70mm RBC
70mm Adaptor plate
K Tuned Fuel rail with gauge
RC 440cc Injectors
Japspeed Manifold
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Motul 5w40 Oil & Hamp filter

Also finished respraying the Evo 8 wheels big shout out to Rob @ Area for sourcing me 2 wheels for a v good price [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Just need the tyres fitted which will be sorted next week sometime...

Ran out of the ford sea grey so they've gone Rover Storm Grey a nice light anthracite

Comments welcome [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Dan
R'ash wrote:You're not hanging around with this! thats a nice list of parts and plans too. Are these what you were hoping to have fitted before Oulton?
Haha no not this time, want it built ASAP so can track it as much as possible this year :-D House still hasnt sold so might aswell sort the car..

Yeah I want the RBC/TB/Manifold/Fuel rail fitted before Oulton and run it on the map with the K100 (mapped for RBC etc). Just concerned about the DB reading with the M2 backbox :???:
cammy92 wrote:Gets some vids up of what its like with that final drive, its on my to do list as is most other things you have done :lol: nice work
Cheers mate :smile: Yeah I will do, need to modify my camera mount but have got another 2 batterys and a 128gb SD card for the camcorder now. I'll try get one uploaded next week, weather permitting.. Any excuse for a blast :twisted:
dannyhall wrote:Well its your fault Nub but I've emailed TDI North for a quote on the Stage 1 cams and 3" cat back.. :cool:

Also ordered;
70mm RBC
70mm Adaptor plate
K Tuned Fuel rail with gauge
RC 440cc Injectors
Japspeed Manifold
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Motul 5w40 Oil & Hamp filter

Also finished respraying the Evo 8 wheels big shout out to Rob @ Area for sourcing me 2 wheels for a v good price [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Just need the tyres fitted which will be sorted next week sometime...

Ran out of the ford sea grey so they've gone Rover Storm Grey a nice light anthracite

Comments welcome [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Dan
Lol! I'd stretch to a tegiwa or similar header if you can mate as I've got a theory that both dc sports and japspeed headers may be a bit restrictive beyond 250bhp or so with that cammed NA setup. can't be certain of course but the reason I say this is (and I may have said it before...) is the setup with TDi cams can make over 265bhp but as little as 254bhp. considering the other factors/mods that influence gains the difference as I've observed on a few occasions is that the lower readings tend to have dc sports or japspeed as the potential weak link. This is just my opinion from what I've observed on other ep3s with the drop in cams., I may be proven wrong. Friend of mine only got 254bhp which is possible without spending £1500 on cams and if it were me id want to aim for 260+.
R'ash wrote:I'm having mine fitted on the 23rd so a sneak preview would be nice :cool: before any other mods would be good as the car is pretty similar at the moment [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
23rd of this month? Yeah I'll get one uploaded ASAP. What engine mods are you running Ash? Or is it still in stock'ish form?
ctr-lib wrote:Bloodyhell dan not hanging around eh! Some nice mods coming now

I'm not going to make the trackday in February still haven't fitted parts yet :sad:
Haha gotta be done while I can, mortgage payments are still low while the ex is paying her share (& my food shopping lol)

Thats a shame mate but you were planning for March anyway? Have you seen the Mimms trackday at Rockingham in April - could try get a few sessions there? If not theres Oulton end of March on Javelin I think..
*nub* wrote:Lol! I'd stretch to a tegiwa or similar header if you can mate as I've got a theory that both dc sports and japspeed headers may be a bit restrictive beyond 250bhp or so with that cammed NA setup. can't be certain of course but the reason I say this is (and I may have said it before...) is the setup with TDi cams can make over 265bhp but as little as 254bhp. considering the other factors/mods that influence gains the difference as I've observed on a few occasions is that the lower readings tend to have dc sports or japspeed as the potential weak link. This is just my opinion from what I've observed on other ep3s with the drop in cams., I may be proven wrong. Friend of mine only got 254bhp which is possible without spending £1500 on cams and if it were me id want to aim for 260+.
Hmm food for thought, the Japspeed isnt off Robs car yet but I'll await a respone from TDI and ask for their opinion too. EP3 Pete on TRO made 259/175 with a similar set up to what I want..? Have you got any links with dyno charts etc?

Problem with the Tegiwa header is the need for a JDM ARB so makes it a £600 header whereas the Japspeed is £450 cheaper... Is 5bhp at the most worth £450?

I'll see what TDI recommend and consider my options.. Seems the best thing I can do :???:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]