The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
looks good that mate!!

same intercooler and mine i think, you get it off intercooler king on ebay?

thinking about the ceramic coating, did you get that done anywhere special or a mates rates job??

how did your mani fit up in the end? any problems with water pipes etc or plain sailing
Well car is finished just awaiting mapping! its booked into Performance HQ for the 13th of August. i have took it out a few times to get it up to temp and check for leaks etc and everything seems to be fine! just a earthing issue with my oil pressure gauge. it was idle hunting aswell but after giving it a bit of poke it cleared itself so im assuming it was the idle control valve with it sitting for a while. feels good to drive just now and i even got it to dump a little :-D

Some pictures

Here is a CT9 compared to my GT35

i gave it all a good clean aswell yesterday including the engine bay
its been a long road so far but im glad the end is in sight!
Good bit of motivation you given me there matey. Does look good!

Just been doing my downpipe and screamer today. Having to do it in two pieces so waiting for another vband flange in the post.

Assuming you put the battery in the boot? Oem battery with a vent or a race battery??
jonezy wrote:Good bit of motivation you given me there matey. Does look good!

Just been doing my downpipe and screamer today. Having to do it in two pieces so waiting for another vband flange in the post.

Assuming you put the battery in the boot? Oem battery with a vent or a race battery??
yeah sounds great too! cheers. how have you got on? rememeber the the steering arm comes forward at full lock for your downpipe hitting it!
Just the standard battery in the boot, what do you mean a vent ?
Wet acid battery's produce fumes, stinks when kept in a closed space. You use a battery box with a vent pipe going to the vents in the boot supposedly. Although the standard vent in the boot maybe effective enough. If you havnt noticed it yet, it's probably not an issue. Just something my dad told me he had to do "back in the day" lol

The downpipe is above the steering arms anyway until it goes down at that pint it's in the middle of the rack so shouldn't be a problem. Will soon find out and bang a small dent in it if I need to.

Once downpipe is on and done and I fix the balljoint should be back on its wheels then can get finishing up bits done. Gauges, boost controller, fuel pump. Basiclly all the stuff inside he car, bit uncomfortable climbing in the car when it's on stands
Soooo car was mapped yesterday by Russ Paton at HQ performance, He done an amazing job and im really happy with the results.

Car is now running 350WHP and 234Ftlb at the wheels a rough calculation from Russ put this around the 420BHP mark ... At 10 psi ;) i was going to go to 12PSI but the wastegate spring maxed out! but i am happy with this just now as its great power and relitivley safe!
Car feels amazing now pulls really well and is easy to control.

some pictures and videos.

D4Z3D wrote:400 bhp on standard internals :shock: . That's mental, i know you said you are planning on building a forged motor but how long do you think the oem internals motor will last?
Should be fine, TDi North have run a K20 on 500bhp standard internals for a couple of years now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]