The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By burton
Time for an update as there have been a few changes. Had the rear five windows tinted which I think really changes the look of the car.

Also to finish the windows off I fitted Mugen Wind Deflectors along with a Spoon wide angle rear view mirror. Both supplied by Hendy Performance parts which I cant rate high enough.

Then the Gruppe M was fitted.

Flashpro was fitted and mapped to my FD2 by Eurospec.

No plans at the moment apart from have the front of the car look more tidy, ie new front bumper/ Mugen front spoliler plus bonnet respray.

Oh and plus a track day at Goodwood too at the start of December which was brilliant!

Kesler wrote:This. Is. AWESOME!

Were you at the Sunday Service at Goodwood, not sure if I took a snap of your car alongside a CW DC2 as well? Had Mugen plates on :)
Thank you!

Yes that was me, I was parked next to Simons fd2 from hendy performance. Was on the track with it the Saturday of that weekend too.
Small update.

Recently bought a Mugen Quickshifter and a Mugen gear knob to accompany it.

Took around an hour to fit with the help a youtube video! Quick test drive and feels very nice and certainly reduced the throw of the gear change.

so after the track day at Castle, the brakes did start to show a slight sign of fading. Probably with the hot weather and pretty demanding day on the track did start to take their toll.

Straight on the phone to Hendy Performance who once again very helpfully helped me out. Many thanks to Simon! Project Mu pads front and rear along with uprated fluid.

Next on the list to collect was a new rocker cover from spoon restorations. Brilliant job done from Paul. Decided to go for the classic red cripple effect. Very happy with the outcome. Only drama now is finding time or a garage to fit it as i hear it is rather tricky!!

ImageUntitled by mark burnett, on Flickr

so this happened this morning. took around one hour fifteen from start to finish. was a little apprehensive to start with but came off ok. next for the bonnet respray to tidy up the front end.
By burton
a quick pictorial run down of my euro tour.

left dover at 6 in the morning on the 5th may. managed to get there early enough that they allowed us to jump on the earlier ferry than booked to dunkurk rather than calais.
ImageIMG_2967 by mark burnett, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2971 by mark burnett, on Flickr

the drive over is always good fun and bumped into a supercharged DC5 who we stayed with in convoy and made good friends with over the weekend.

made it to the hotel with no issues, really decent apartment and would recommend. about 8 mins away from the village and the start of the nordschleife.
ImageIMG_3102 by mark burnett, on Flickr

managed to get two sighting laps in on thursday when we arrived in the afternoon. took it easy especially after the long drive and lack of sleep!
saving ourselves for the friday where we had a full day planned on the ring.

ImageIMG_3117 by mark burnett, on Flickr

did the usual sightseeing and pictures!
ImageDSC_7044 by mark burnett, on Flickr
ImageDSC_7046 by mark burnett, on Flickr
By burton
then onto the track for friday! ideally wanted to crack the sub ten minutes for a lap!

Imagephoca_thumb_l_NOS_20160506_150227_3199_IMG_0872 by mark burnett, on Flickr
Imagephoca_thumb_l_NOS_20160506_150226_3198_IMG_0871 by mark burnett, on Flickr
Image18-19h-IMG_9231 by mark burnett, on FlickrImage17-18h-IMG_9040 by mark burnett, on Flickr
ImageDSC_7079 by mark burnett, on Flickr

managed to get 5 laps in on friday however never managed to crack the sub ten! was very busy out on the track so not to disheartened!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]