The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By burton
came back to the car to head back to the hotel and for some reason the immobiliser wouldn't unlock the car. there was power in the fob and the red led on the dash would occasionally flash. the car would unlock with the fob but not eh cobra fob. car obviously wouldn't start then both alarms started going off, both indicators would go on when only one was selected by the stalk; so wasn't too happy nor could i work out what was wrong. LUCKILY! the guys from the DC5 are very handy when it comes to working on cars, they work for jag which helps too! they managed to find that the case was this small amp! the plastic had cracked and shorting the circuit. thankfully an easily fix and everything working ok again.
ImageIMG_3255 by mark burnett, on Flickr

now time for steak!
ImageIMG_3066 by mark burnett, on Flickr

on the saturday we did the museum and go karting then set off for circuit de clastres in france for the next step!

overall the car performed perfectly on the track. not one fault (bar the fuse!) very very happy with it! the brakes were excellent since upgrading the pads to project mu and uprated the fluid. already planning next years trip!!
Damien wrote:Saw your car out there. Was lovely example!
Glad you both made it back safely!
thank you very much! there was quite a collection of supercharged DC5's out there that weekend!

hope you had a good time out there.
*nub* wrote:Nice car. Although I personally hate white alloys and would prefer something black on there to make it look a bit meaner [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention that! I have been toying around with another wheel/colour choice. Seen a fd2 with the Js racing teal colour that suited it rather well.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]