The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By DarkStar
tiddy wrote:Hi. Nice Cosmic. Where did you order your Invidia exhaust from?
hello, 10q. i bought it off ebay.de and got it shipped to me. it's a second hand one but the exhaust is in perfect condition. I guess you can search ebay.com for shops that sell invidia exhausts. I don't really know where to buy them from.

10x MugenSeiki :smile:
By DarkStar
Fitted 4 X Parada's 215/40/17 on Monday. Very pleased with them. I'll be going on some mountain roads in 2 weeks time and will get a better impression on the tyres, but for now they are far the best I had.
Also fitted the new Exedy clutch I had in the garage for like 3 months time :oops:

By DarkStar
Well my car has almost 70.000 km, and I thought it was a good time to change the clutch and it also felt a bit slippy. I didn't drive it hard yet, because I traveled only 480 km with the new clutch, but I had to pull out of a junction fast today and did notice that i got a bit of a harder "kick" than before when shifted to 2nd . Maybe the tires had something to do with this also, but the impression was that the clutch is doing a good job.
Will post new impressions when the clutch has enough km's so I can give it a "proper" treatment :smile:
By DarkStar
It's been a long time since my last post so here is a small update :smile:
I've been in Hungary last weekend at the first drag race this year in the Hungarian Drag Racing Championship. I only managed to qualify in the first 8 in my class (there are some bad ass tegs over there) but I'm happy because from the 5 CTRs that were there that day, I had the best time. I managed a best time of 14.249 @ quarter mile. Next is Honda Meeting on 18th of April at the same location with participants from Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Romania. Planning to get K Pro'd in April

Some new pics

and a small montage from the event

http://dragracing.hu/usr_videok.php?id=78
By Carlos420uk
Hi mate, cars looking great. How does she run with the DC manifold and not having a k-pro/re-map? I read that you are planning on k-pro, but just wondered what it ran like on the standard ecu/map?

Great job bud :thumbup:

Carlos.
By DarkStar
thanks man. I've been running with the DC manifold for almost a year now and had no problems. the only thing is that the "check engine" light is on all the time. After I fitted the mani i noticed a good improvement in the cars acceleration. But i also read on the forum that running a exhaust mani without kpro is not good, personally i experienced no problems and the car feels great.
By dude17ctr
nice car , like the s2000 also :cooldude: ....... :thumbup:
By 54typeRchris
Cars looking great mate. I think you will notice a hell of a difference if you get her Kpro tuned. Should really bring your mods alive. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
By PH47MF
quick, remove that sticker above your exhaust as it doesn't make sense! :lol:

I'm chinese by the way! :salut:
By DarkStar
long time no update :)

from my last post didn't do much just some minor stuff.

changed the front discs with some new brembos, almost new OEM discs in the back. Ferodo DS 2500 pads all around. big improvement in the cars braking
changed the oil i run on from honda's 5w 40 to Motul 300v 5w 40
Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings
and some Pirelli RS7 slicks for track days

few pics from the Hungaroring track day last week

By DarkStar
thank you for the nice words. yes, i know i need K-PRO asap, but it's a big issue due to it's price. i'll try to fit one before the spring when the weather will allow racing again. till then the car is in winter de-tuned mode. cheers

LE: and a short clip of my best 1/4 mile time
It was about time I do something to my car so after shopping around the forum i managed to do some upgrades.

I went for the the new OEM discs + new Ferodo DS2500 front brake setup. I also changed the brake fluid with Motul RBF600
HEL braided steel brake lines went in next and a brake cylinder stopper bought from mattyyr6.
I sold my stock wheels and with lesser money I managed to buy 4 Rota Torques in white from raffopj ( i think these belonged to Mr Max before, so I'm the new owner :D )
Today arrived a new set of XYZ SS coilovers from A.I Autosport, i will be fitting them first thing in the morning :D I did some research on the forum regarding them and it came across they where the best i could find in the price range I could afford.

Well that's it for now, i will be testing the new parts Monday at Hungaroring as the first trackday this year takes place

Some pics as follows. Only fitted the rotas on the front because one wheel needs a refurb and can only do it after Easter.

Thanks Sanz, raffopj, mattyyr6. top fellas

By raffopj
looking good mate. Keep it up. Those rotas really suit the cosmic! Pleasure doing business with ya. If you're ever in the market for some braces let me know. Or ever over here gimme a shout! :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]