The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Omp strut is doing it's job very good. Can't compare it to anything though' but it's holding up nicely.

Meanwhile, I went to the track this Monday for another session on the Hungaroring. I was very curious to test the brake setup and most of all the XYZ coilovers. All I can say is that I'm very pleased with the way the car brakes and handles, I managed to lap the track 6 seconds faster than my last day out on the track.
Next session is in October, till then I want to fit a baffled sump, roll center adjusters, H brace, and a bushing kit.

Will post pics up later, till then an on board sample from my day out :bigthumb:

By DarkStar
Allright...almost 1 year since my last update...I should be ashamed of myself, but not very much has been going on from last August till January. But I've been a very bussy boy this year and managed to do a thing or two. Not using the car as much as I used to before, it allowed me to make some changes towards a track toy, but I still drive it daily though

So....I starded by removing my entire air con system (sold it) and dentening from behind the dashboard. Having the dashboard out of the car I painted the entire console and OEM stereo mattblack.

Afterwards making way for a new intake setup ment I had to make a new custom radiator (thiker but shorter, keeping the proportions). Because of space requierments I also had to eliminate my standard hood locking mechanism and the metal piece between the headlights that holds it (sorry, don't know its name in English) and change it with a stainless steel bar to maintain it's purpose and fitted hood locking pins to keep the bonnet closed.

After years of waiting I finally had the $ to buy a US PNF K-Pro ECU wich I am verry happy with. Next step was to buy a brand new RBC manifold from the US wich I did and also borred it to 70 mm for future TB and cams. I still have to get the mapping sorted out (this week hopefully). Having problems with one of my injectors I decided to change them with the s2k slighty larger ones (360cc) wich I got from a mate. They fit perfect after changing some rubber seals.

Selling the Rotas, I made way for a set of white 17" ATS DTC Superlight (7kg) and last I fitted a Wiechers Sports 6 point rollcage to tighten everything up :smile:

Well this is my past 3-4 months, hope you enjoyed it :wink: I have tons of photos of various stages of work but due to my pc being down I only have a few photos. It still needs a lot to be done but this is how I stand for the moment :-D

By DarkStar
Well, it's been 5 years since I last wrote on my thread :ninja: Long time, so thought to bring back the thread a little bit.
Nothing major done to the car, regular service and changed a few bolt on's but other than that was just fuel, oil and pads ;)
Been racing the car in regional hill climbs and other small events, really happy for the way the car holds up, no major problems and hope it stays that way.

Right, so I'll update the list, newer pics and a small clip from last year with a lot of mistakes, enjoy

Custom CAI
Kidd Racing header
Buddy Club Spec 3
RBC manifold
S2k injectors
K-Pro
Platted diff
CC clutch kit
Clockwise baffled sump

XYZ Coilovers
OPM strut bar
JDM anti-rollbars
Buddy Club rca
Rack raiser
Superpro full bush kit + caster increase
Innovative solid mounts
Wiechers 6 point rollcage
Sparco Speed drivers seat
OMP steering wheel

17" Speedline Corse - Turini; + Evo V enkei + Evo IX enkei
Ferodo DS3000 pads
HEL brake lines
Motul RBF 600

Stripped + air con removed

Plans for the future are a welded cage, more weight reduction + aero, rebuild the gearbox and a shorter final drive. Also got another bumper with Mugen lip and splitter that i didn't fit yet, so some sort of rear wing would finish off the exterior.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]