The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
kinky_boy wrote:for me right one started to look real bad due to corrosion, but i cleaned it good and painted ... anyway corrosion is a real problem for them. you will go for a new one or sh?
I've already replaced it with an 2nd hand oem one, saved some money by doing it myself, well I didn't really as I had to buy an impact driver and socket set, still at least I now have the tools

Few more photos...

Started off this year in Belgium, stayed on the Brugge Barge Hotel which may be familiar to some who came on the CTRO germany trip last October, two nights there to explore the city properly

drank lots of beer, ate some ribs, climbed the tower and rode around the old town

Posed for a 360 photo in the square
https://goo.gl/maps/vvgoAef38Zu

Then drove down to lake Constance, wasn't the greatest of weather so only photos are of some beading, the view from the hotel window and a fat women statue
#ukdmhatesyou

On into Switzerland again, heading straight for the passes

Grimsel Pass

Front end Friday?

Stayed at a hotel right on Furka pass to allow for an early morning blast up Furka the following day, left the girlfriend in bed and went on a hoon up the mountain...

(if only I knew what I was doing with the SLR I could have got some cracking pics)

The famous Hotel on Furka pass, as featured in Goldfinger

It's pronounced Bride not Bride!

After returning from my solo blast up Furka I let the brakes stop smoking while having a shower and breakfast, then a short drive to the car park for a visit to the Eggishorn

Climbed the last 100ft to the top of the Eggishorn, had a butchers at the glacier below, see there it is

While driving along the valley floor to the next mountain pass I happened to glance across at an airfield and could see a white car with a few others going down the runway, said to the girlfriend that maybe it's a car club type thing going on and almost turned down there to investigate but didn't. Did anyone catch the Swiss episode of the new Grand Tour? They're on a Swiss airfield with that white electric supercar thing aren't they, DOH!

Turns out that most of the episode was them hooning it over Furka, Grimsel and Gothard passes!
Watching the episode I notice the edits, car goes for overtake on one pass/stretch only to be completed on a totally different bit of road, the big tunnel run is actually a composite of three different tunnels, of course they make it a lot more dramatic than my tunnel runs

Onto Nufenen pass, very nice pass, bit bumpy in places but quite quiet with good visibility

From that pass it was a long slog along standard roads, our target old San Bernadino pass

Planned to stay in Splugen again, but on checking prices the one 8 miles away in Italy was half price, with bonus that we had to drive up this
...and then another drive back down it the following morning

This was last years climb up it, 10 consecutive hairpins...

Then another big slog on normal roads heading through Switzerland, into Leichtenstein heading towards a new pass in Austria, Silvretta pass

Wasn't that fussed with the driving of it tbh, the Swiss ones are better imo but that's one ticked of the list

Growing collection of vignettes now

Back onto standard roads, through Innsbruck and heading toward Italy again, cheapest hotel (within reason) but was really nice big room and good food too

Following day was spent up and down two italian passes, unfortuntatly they were also the only roads in and out of the area so not much enjoyment to be had. The pass took us back into Austria briefly and, according to the geotag info, this photo is right on the border between the two

Stopped at a Cafe here before climing that mountain in the background there

Doubled back on ourselves and headed for our next nights stay on Monte Bondone; now the Monte Bondone hill climb stage is also in my sim racer of choice Assetto Corsa, so the choice of overnight stay was not by accident

This is how it can be done with closed roads and massive balls

Had a cracking view from our room so I set up the gopro for a timelapse of the sunrise

After gorging ourselves on the breakfast of cake, meats, pastries and everything inbetween (I was there for over an hour) we drove back down the road a bit to find the start of the course...

Once you reach the top of that hill climb the road opens up and descends the other side of the mountain towards lake Garda, the roads were actually better the other side, no footage as wasn't expecting anything. On the way to our next stop in Lake Ledro we visited a small village at the start of a climb up to the Punta Larici (a rocky crop overlooking the Lake Garda), guide said it was a 30 min walk from car park so figured easy enough on bike, didn't account for it being the hottest day of the summer so far so after an hour or so I made it

Onto Lake Ledro, this is my favourite of the Italian lakes but not so much driving or car photo taking opportunities, booked into a nice hotel on the lake's edge for two nights, cracking view from the room

Set up the goPro on the balcony before going for an evening meal

Then it was time to head towards Les Duex Alps, it was going to be a hell of a long drive to do it in one so I let the missus decide where to stay over, she chose Magenta and I didn't disagree because I've always had a fondness for that colour since I had my Spectrum 48k ;)
Was a 4 or 5 star place (she paid) but it did mean the best breakfast of the trip

Honeycomb anyone?

Breakfast with a view

Certainly helped after an overindulgence of the local craft beers the previous night

Onto Les Duex Alps

View from the balcony

Halfway up the Pied Moutet (small mountain)

At the top of the big mountain, had to drive my own train to get there

Did a bit of this

Then had to come home :(
been on another little trip, hit the swiss alps for 3 nights and then was onto Italy for the girlfriends side of the holiday

Had to get another sticker for Switzerland

It was a moody day as we headed into the alps for the first time

Stayed at a very posh (and expensive) hotel right on top of Grimsel pass for 2 nights

but we were greeted by this the following morning

Still, it was a nice view for breakfast when it eventually did clear

Visited some windey mountain passes

On Furka looking to Grimsel

On Grimsel looking to Furka

Rolling on Furka

and rolling on the old Gotthard pass, cobbles!!!

parked up here for a bit

then again here

and drove over a bridge

to then drive some more windey roads

then went to Italy via San Bernardino pass (video may come but see insta for clips )

did a little video of the one way (on a time basis) road, one day was wet the following super clear at dusk as I headed back to base

Stayed on lake Maggiore at Stressa, but by an large it was stress free for 2 days before deciding where to go next, we had 3 nights spare and it was her choice...

I floated the idea of Venice (or just outside n visit) before our trip and mentioned it again together whiles also mentioning that the F1 is on in Monza on Sunday, I let her choose...

:-D :party:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]