The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By D4Z3D
Lewisgame wrote:You'll love it out there. I'm very tempted to go out again this year late August for another track day. But I really need to pull the gearbox out and stick a shorter final drive in and I'm not sure the clutch will survive another trip as it feels a little worn.
Yea if it's wet I'd avoid going out. Or if you do venture out go very steady. Stay off the racing line in the corners when it's wet and keep to the outside as there's generally more grip.
Hiya,

I'm heading out there from 23rd - 29th of August for my first time there, i've been watching your vids on youtube for a couple of years now and it looks fun but scary. My plan is just to go there have fun and drive the car back :lol: . On every track i've driven there's always one or two corners that are scary, but on the Nurburgring i think i can count atleast 10 that look really scary!
By Lewisgame
D4Z3D wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:You'll love it out there. I'm very tempted to go out again this year late August for another track day. But I really need to pull the gearbox out and stick a shorter final drive in and I'm not sure the clutch will survive another trip as it feels a little worn.
Yea if it's wet I'd avoid going out. Or if you do venture out go very steady. Stay off the racing line in the corners when it's wet and keep to the outside as there's generally more grip.
Hiya,

I'm heading out there from 23rd - 29th of August for my first time there, i've been watching your vids on youtube for a couple of years now and it looks fun but scary. My plan is just to go there have fun and drive the car back :lol: . On every track i've driven there's always one or two corners that are scary, but on the Nurburgring i think i can count atleast 10 that look really scary!
You'll love it. Just drive at a pace you're comfortable with and build up the speed. That place requires a lot of respect.
It's not just corners that are scary, it's the lumps, bumps and jumps that makes it scary... or more exciting depending on how you see it :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By D4Z3D
Yea i think i will be fine, i'm not going for any BTG times, i just want to go there have fun and drive it back. I'm having a rear cage, seat and harness put in for this trip as there's always the chance something could go wrong :lol:
By Lewisgame
Haven't driven the car for a few weeks as hunting for a property has taken over slightly of work. But I was getting depressed I couldn't drive the car because of the broken disc so splashed out on new discs and pads. Also got some fluid to do a brake fluid change but I'll wait until before a track day before doing that.
Stuck with the RPB discs. They survive enough abuse and don't cost that much. Carbotech XP10 pads which I can't recommend enough.
By Lewisgame
Not much going down as I’ve purchased a property... managed to do it all without having to sell my toy...
Also managed to do this, BOOM!
Track day with Circuit Days/BTG. Few little jobs need doing but it’s ready to go!
By Lewisgame
1812_s wrote:im eager to get to the ring next year.....isnt that alot more expensive than doing tourestfahrten?

Or is it because this is a closed trackday ?
It is more expensive than TF but it’s a closed track day. Limited numbers, fully marshalled track, free recovery (still pay for track damages) and normally free photography. The quality of drivers is also normally a lot better as you do get some very poor driving on TF days.

By Lewisgame
1812_s wrote:yes thoought as much

any other days planned?

i was meant to be at bedford on the 11th but snow :lol:

its being rescheduled
Might try squeeze one in around Feb/March but unlikely really. I’ll wait for the summer. Want to try get up north and do Croft and some other U.K. tracks further afield.
I’d like to do Bedford as it’s the most local to me. But their noise limits is anything above a sewing machine so don’t fancy taking the risk even if I do have a baffle to fit.
By Lewisgame
M.O.T done today... obviously passed....
Unfortunately my plans for more work on this car this year is going to have to be put on hold. For my Nürburging trip in April all I will need is 2 tyres, oil change, brake fluid change and if I get the chance remove the seat rails and get some solid seat frames.
Front wheels are also mullered from brake dust and road salt. Acid doesn’t get it off so I might try some clay or if anyone can suggest anything else. Still cleans up alright.

By kinky_boy
looking good !
i see you have the fog lights scoops, are you using them for some cooling or is it just for style? they are closed in the back or do you have any closing system? do they gather lots of dirt from the road or water during the rain?

i'm looking to get a set and a BYC brakes cooling plateshttp://bycdesigns.co.uk/index.php?route ... uct_id=100, but i don;t want to use them all the time due to the reasons mentioned above, for the track is ok but i use the car mainly for trips and some town driving and it is not ok to have the cold air feed open all the time. made a custom setup on the right just for the cai and the dirt and water collected was really bad so i dropped it and now i'm thinking of a system that can be closed.
By Lewisgame
They are used for cooling. But currently the ducting from the scoops is just feeding the inner arches to induce cold air behind the wheel. What I’m thinking of doing is possibly pulling the arch out slightly by the doors to help airflow.
The design from BYC won’t work with my calipers. Also they’ve removed the back plate which is actually shaped to scoop air to the inside of the disc.
I’ve heard of people swapping the lower bearing housing from left to right to move the caliper to the rear, enabling you to fit ducting directly into the inside of the disc.

By Lewisgame

5th trip completed and the best one to date. Weather couldn’t of been any better (#blessed[emoji1488])
Car was totally faultless. Just ran out of front brake pads at the end putting a limit to laps completed. A total of 15 this time round.
New personal best around (no timing is allowed though [emoji57]) and I don’t think much quicker is possible without putting the car on a diet and losing some comfort. Maybe one day it’ll travel on a trailer and we’ll go balls out. But considering it still has majority of the interior, working A/C, radio, standard final drive and a few other comforts I doubt there’s many quicker out there.
All on video of course. To be continued...
By kinky_boy
nice and smooth! track day seems to be a lot better, you can actually enjoy and focus on the driving not on other cars.
ep3 is an awesome car, standing 15 laps of nurburgring with no problems is outstanding! i don't see many cars that can take that!
If you don;t actually race in a competition then there is no point in stripping the car, my 2 cents.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]