The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
By EvoStu
Ladies & Gentlemen, as you may recall, last year CTRO worked with Honda Europe and the Honda Racing WTCC team to bring you the Spa WTCC trip. Well this year we have something even bigger planned.

Yet again CTRO invites you to the WTCC Honda Type R experience. 200 tickets available for the event of the year.

https://nurburgring.typer-experience.com

An Exclusive Nürburgring Experience For Type R Fans.

The WTCC round scheduled for the extraordinary Nürburgring on 15-17 May is an incredible opportunity for Honda Type R owners and fans to immerse themselves in the circuit’s rich motorsport heritage.

It’s the first time that WTCC has raced at the famed 25km Nürburgring layout which combines the daunting Nordschleife and the demanding F1 GP circuit, and Honda Type R fans can be right at the heart of it.

Visit the Fanzone in the paddock, stroll down pit lane, meet Castrol Honda WTCC drivers Gabriele Tarquini and Tiago Monteiro, see the all-new Type R in the flesh and even get a chance take your own Type R on a lap of the circuit – it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Honda is offering this exclusive Type R Nürburgring experience as a three-day package including:

– VIP pass with paddock access
– Camping accommodation in a souvenir tent
– All food and drink throughout the weekend
– A hands-on encounter with the all new Civic Type R
– A tour of the Castrol Honda garage
– Meet the drivers at a special Q&A and signing session
– A chance to take your own Type R on a lap of the circuit

This incredible opportunity is available for just €175 per person.

You’ll have to hurry though, because registration closes on 17th April 2015 and places are strictly limited. Just click on the red ‘Register for Event’ button to register your details.

Registration closes on 17th April 2015
By yella
So am i reading this right, this includes a ticket to the 24hr too so the whole event and is that paddock pass for the whole weekend too. If so mad not too, was going out for this anyway but looks a good deal, think i'll book it up, anyone else up for it
By EvoStu
yella wrote:So am i reading this right, this includes a ticket to the 24hr too so the whole event and is that paddock pass for the whole weekend too. If so mad not too, was going out for this anyway but looks a good deal, think i'll book it up, anyone else up for it
Yup its a pass for the WHOLE weekend mate which is just utterly mental I know. :bigthumb:

We've had a shed load of signups from via the Twitbook announcements.
By Harv
Right, I saw this on Twitter, registered, put in my card details. Got an email confirmation telling me to print it off and take it with me on the day. So s that me going then? Thought you would register and be. Complete or something to go
By yella
EvoStu wrote:
yella wrote:So am i reading this right, this includes a ticket to the 24hr too so the whole event and is that paddock pass for the whole weekend too. If so mad not too, was going out for this anyway but looks a good deal, think i'll book it up, anyone else up for it
Yup its a pass for the WHOLE weekend mate which is just utterly mental I know. :bigthumb:

Cool, thats a brilliant deal, cheers for bringing it up on here. Just booked both mine and my brothers cars in . If the showers are poop we can just drive the 15km back to my brothers place for a shower ......lol

Looking forward to this made it worth getting a civic again
By EvoStu
Harv wrote:Right, I saw this on Twitter, registered, put in my card details. Got an email confirmation telling me to print it off and take it with me on the day. So s that me going then? Thought you would register and be. Complete or something to go
Harv, are you taking a Type R?
By EvoStu
yella wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Cool, thats a brilliant deal, cheers for bringing it up on here. Just booked both mine and my brothers cars in . If the showers are poop we can just drive the 15km back to my brothers place for a shower ......lol

Looking forward to this made it worth getting a civic again
No worries mate. Will finally catch up when we get there.
By Harv
Nope, there was space for other can manufacture and model, so I just put bmw in that and it all went through, and paid.

Hence my confusion as I thought it was Honda owners only, worth a try. Lol
By shaRRpy
What's the thing with the souvenir tent? Does this mean it's supplied and set up with all sleeping equipment or do you need to bring everything yourself? I'm actually booked in for japfest on that weekend but this has got me thinking.journey could be a bit painfull in a solid stripped out ep3 :???:
By EvoStu
Harv wrote:Rewind that, it was for model God damn it. Oh well never mind worth a try lol have fun! Not buying a Honda just for this lol
Haha. You can still go but you'll have to jump in with one of our cars.
By EvoStu
shaRRpy wrote:What's the thing with the souvenir tent? Does this mean it's supplied and set up with all sleeping equipment or do you need to bring everything yourself? I'm actually booked in for japfest on that weekend but this has got me thinking.journey could be a bit painfull in a solid stripped out ep3 :???:
I'm going to check with the team on Monday but I suspect you'll need your own sleeping bags and pillows etc.
By EvoStu
Harv wrote:Check with the team about bmws while you're at it! Long time member and forum supporter etc. lol
Even I can't swing that otherwise I'd be bringing the panzerwagen und hitting Sport+ mode!
By yella
supramad77 wrote:Yea im up for this. get paid at the weekend hope there are some tickets left. Been trying to work out the best route there im south devon way are any of you guys going up together?
Go from Dover to dunkirk, DFDS is the cheapest ferry firm ( around 60-70 return ) but don;t book too late as prices go up nearer time.

Then you have loads of options, but i would say you either go via Brussels Liege Spa and Prum Or Lille which misses out brussels out and brings you in via liege again. Either way you can then stop and have a quick look at Spa Francorchamps which is just off the motorway and you cn park up and look at Eau Rouge ( if there's a trackday on then you can view that too)

Takes around 5 hours from taken steady from Dunkirk.

I will put a guide up for peeps once we know who is going as it's a route i do a lot.

I have a new guide site going live soon so i will get details up. But yes for those wondering and "thinking about it" just book it, this really is a blnding deal from Honda so make the most of it as it won't be repeated i bet
By EvoStu
yella wrote:
supramad77 wrote:Yea im up for this. get paid at the weekend hope there are some tickets left. Been trying to work out the best route there im south devon way are any of you guys going up together?
Go from Dover to dunkirk, DFDS is the cheapest ferry firm ( around 60-70 return ) but don;t book too late as prices go up nearer time.

Then you have loads of options, but i would say you either go via Brussels Liege Spa and Prum Or Lille which misses out brussels out and brings you in via liege again. Either way you can then stop and have a quick look at Spa Francorchamps which is just off the motorway and you cn park up and look at Eau Rouge ( if there's a trackday on then you can view that too)

Takes around 5 hours from taken steady from Dunkirk.

I will put a guide up for peeps once we know who is going as it's a route i do a lot.

I have a new guide site going live soon so i will get details up. But yes for those wondering and "thinking about it" just book it, this really is a blnding deal from Honda so make the most of it as it won't be repeated i bet
Good man! :bigthumb: Cheers Yella.
By Lewisgame
Typical this. Going Nürburgring first weekend of May and this weekend is the same time as Japfest which I've paid for. Might sell the ticket for this....
I take the same route as Yella said. Dover to Dunkirk. The ferry is near half price of the euro tunnel. I done it under 5 hours Dunkirk to Nürburging travelling around 80mph the whole time and only stopped once for fuel.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]