The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
By RSFN2GT
Always best to set off as early as you can from experience. Do you have to be there for a specific time ?
By RSFN2GT
I know another route but don't have the road numbers to hand at the moment. Yella or Mark will probably know..
By R4SC4L
Sedge wrote:I think we're staying near Folkestone on Thursday night (something like a Travelodge or Premier Inn) and then getting a morning Chunnel over on Friday, 10/11am. This means a leisurely drive to Spa and signing in at 1600.
We've got the Monday off work so will stay Sunday night to avoid driving back through the evening/night and being cream-crackered on Monday.
Thanks. I'm looking to tag along on a convoy, would you mind if I came along with you guys? I'd meet you near Folkestone on Friday morning.
Cheers
By ClaireD1985
RSFN2GT wrote:
Sedge wrote:Chunnel over on Friday, 10/11am. This means a leisurely drive to Spa and signing in at 1600.
That's all well and good if the Brussels ring road is behaving itself...
Registration opens on Friday but doesn't close until 4pm on Saturday; Sedge you'll be fine.

This is why I'm leaving at 6.30 Saturday morning however. I'm hoping for a quiet run......
By grubdip
Sedge wrote:We're considering here: http://www.expedia.co.uk/Belgian-Ardenn ... -and-rates
£300 for 3 nights.
The Radisson Blu is now fully booked.

Has everyone who was considering booking here, done so? I've been looking at alternatives in both Spa and Francorchamps and there's nothing decent about. Going to book it soon.
By R4SC4L
grubdip wrote:
Sedge wrote:We're considering here: http://www.expedia.co.uk/Belgian-Ardenn ... -and-rates
£300 for 3 nights.
The Radisson Blu is now fully booked.

Has everyone who was considering booking here, done so? I've been looking at alternatives in both Spa and Francorchamps and there's nothing decent about. Going to book it soon.
I'm planning to book this hotel tonight. Just working out whether to drive over on Friday and stay for two nights or drive over on Saturday and just stay for one. When you planning to drive over grubdip / m1ke?
By grubdip
R4SC4L wrote: I'm planning to book this hotel tonight. Just working out whether to drive over on Friday and stay for two nights or drive over on Saturday and just stay for one. When you planning to drive over grubdip / m1ke?
Better get there quick. At time of me booking, there were only a few rooms left. I did search a few hotels near the track in Francorchamps, but their rates were off the chart.

I've booked to stay there Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. May have to look into staying the hotel in Folkestone as others have suggested as I live in Loughborough and don't really fancy the drive down to the tunnel in the morning.
By yella
RSFN2GT wrote:I know another route but don't have the road numbers to hand at the moment. Yella or Mark will probably know..
e40 to e42 is the best way really, no roadworks currently. Just bear in mind it may be busier if going friday on ferrys as N24 that weekend.

i did ring to tunnel last night in 3hr 50 but it was late and i towed it all the way, was a lovely run.

Ferry to spa is 3 hours on an average day, saturday there's never any traffic early on.
By grubdip
R4SC4L - if all else fails and you don't mind sharing with a stranger ( I'm not that bad), I can ring the hotel and see if they can have two single beds put in place of the one double in my room.
By Sedge
R4SC4L wrote:
Sedge wrote:I think we're staying near Folkestone on Thursday night (something like a Travelodge or Premier Inn) and then getting a morning Chunnel over on Friday, 10/11am. This means a leisurely drive to Spa and signing in at 1600.
We've got the Monday off work so will stay Sunday night to avoid driving back through the evening/night and being cream-crackered on Monday.
Thanks. I'm looking to tag along on a convoy, would you mind if I came along with you guys? I'd meet you near Folkestone on Friday morning.
Cheers
Sounds good. We'll sort that stuff soon when we agree a Chunnel time.
By grubdip
In a bid to avoid going at it alone, I'd be willing to meet up there too and set off with you lot. My drive from Loughborough will be a long one if I travel in the morning of the tunnel trip, so a Thursday night in Folk' sounds like a plan.
By Sedge
We're coming from Sheffield and Stu from Manchester - you're half way there! ;-)
By R4SC4L
Blast been in a meeting for 5hrs and come out to find the hotel is fully booked for the Saturday night! I've booked for the Friday. Grubdip I may take you up on that offer to share a room on the Saturday night I the hotel doesn't have any cancellations...I should probably check your no axe murderer first mind! ;-)
By mattyswe1
ClaireD1985 wrote:
BrockJDM wrote:Any update on the adding passengers scenario? The booking pages still won't allow me to do this.

Also I am planning to have a leisurely drive up on Friday so I don't have to rush, if anyone else is planning this let me know so we can convoy :)

Most likely staying here too: http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/belgium/l ... or-101744/

Less than €30 a night and it has a swimming pool!
Looks good. I'm only going to be there 1 night; going for a 6.50am tunnel out on the Saturday morning and a 9pm tunnel back on the Sunday :sad: this is going to be seriously rushed but worth all the effort!

Oh and I might have a passenger seat going spare....... I'm not going to Le Mans, Olly's rapidly loosing the possibility of coming with me to Spa!
Due to work commitments looks like we will be taking this option to.
We will be traveling down from Carlisle however, gulp :eek:

Did you get anywhere with a campsite, price & info?
By Sedge
Carlisle? LOL! How about driving halfway on Friday night, stop in Birmingham/Coventry and then do the rest on Saturday morning?
By mattyswe1
Is that an offer Sedge :smile:

I have to work till 6pm on the Friday, get home, get the car packed/prepped & have some nosebag.

Either way I would only be able to get my head down a few hours and then get trucking.
By R4SC4L
SparklyGem wrote:We have just booked to stay here: http://www.expedia.co.uk/Aywaille-Hotel ... nformation

2 single rooms and 1 quadruple room left if anyone else fancies staying in a castle for the weekend [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

I've jut booked here for the Saturday so I'm staying in one hotel on the Friday and the other on Saturday - random!! Took the last room which was the quad room so if any other guys are struggling to find a place to stay let me know as it would seem I would have three spare beds!!

P.S thanks for the heads up sparklygem
By grubdip
R4SC4L wrote:I've jut booked here for the Saturday so I'm staying in one hotel on the Friday and the other on Saturday - random!! Took the last room which was the quad room so if any other guys are struggling to find a place to stay let me know as it would seem I would have three spare beds
3 spare? All the more room to spread out your other three limbs then :-D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]