The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
By Sedge

Honda Civic Type R Owners - Exclusive VIP Weekend at Spa Circuit Francorchamps

Honda is giving a lucky 200 Civic Type R owners across Europe an exclusive ‘chance of a lifetime’ by hosting a VIP World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) weekend at the world famous Spa Racing Circuit, Francorchamps, Belgium, between the 21st and 22nd June 2014 with registration open from Friday 20th June.

The event is to celebrate Honda Civic Type R owners and their cars, and to give them the chance to see the new Honda Civic Type R Concept model that points to the exterior styling direction of the highly-anticipated new Type R production model that will debut in Europe during 2015.

As part of the Honda family, the lucky 200 owners will receive a fun packed weekend with the chance to meet the Castrol Honda Racing Team drivers, FIA WTCC Champion Gabriele Tarquini and Tiago Monteiro, as well as Norbert Michelisz and Mehdi Bennani.

In addition to meeting the drivers and receiving a Honda VIP guest pass for the weekend, the Civic Type R owners will get the chance of a lifetime and drive their own cars on an exclusive parade lap (3) around the world famous Spa Circuit on the Saturday afternoon. Spa Francorchamps is one of the most beautiful race circuits in the world featuring the legendary Eau Rouge corner, renowned by racing drivers as one of the most challenging corners of all the world's motor racing circuits.

“We thought the WTCC race at the Spa circuit would be the perfect opportunity to celebrate our loyal Civic Type R family across Europe and showcase the new Civic Type R concept model.” said William de Braekeleer, Motorsport Manager at Honda Europe, adding “Honda’s racing pedigree will shine through in the new Type R as it will be 'racing car for the road' rather than a high performance version of a road car. It will signal a new era for the marque and be the most extreme Civic Type R yet.”

European registration website is limited to 200 places. To qualify for a VIP place the candidate must own and bring along their (1) Honda Civic Type R to the WTCC Spa weekend between the 20th and the 22nd of June 2014.

(2) Registration for the event can be done at the following website: http://www.typerspa.eu.

(4) Exclusive Honda Civic Type R - VIP event cost:
  • €40 Euros: Honda Civic Type R Driver (Owner) covering general entry & paddock access, VIP access, VIP parking, lap of the Spa circuit, Sunday lunch and refreshments.
  • €70 Euros: Each additional adult accompanying the Type R owner and covering general entry & paddock access, VIP access, VIP parking, lap of the Spa circuit, Sunday lunch and refreshments.
  • Free: Children under 12 years of age.
Please note: Honda Civic Type R - VIP event cost does not include travel to the circuit and accommodation. Information on local hotels can be found on the registration website.

(1) All cars must be road legal and respect the noise level regulations of the Spa Circuit. Drivers must register at by 16:00 Saturday 21st June 2014 to qualify for the exclusive Honda parade lap.

(2) Honda Type R VIP places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and are limited to 200 cars.

(3) Parade lap will be marshalled using safety cars.

(4) Terms and Conditions can be found at http://www.typerspa.eu

As well as participating in these activities first hand, attendees will have the chance to share their experiences over the Spa weekend across social media under the umbrella of a new #WTCCSPA 'hash tag'. To find out more, 'like' us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hondaracingwtcc and follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/hondaracingwtcc

For information: Honda Type R Geneva news release March 4th

'A racing car for the road' - The new Civic Type R Concept

Geneva, Switzerland, March 4, 2014 - Today sees the worldwide reveal of the Honda Civic Type R Concept model which points to the styling direction for the exterior design of the highly-anticipated production new Type R that will debut in Europe during 2015. Described by the design team as a 'racing car for the road' rather than a high performance version of a road car, the new Type R looks set to signal a new era for the marque – with the most extreme Civic Type R yet. The sleek and aerodynamic profile reflects a car designed for performance whilst maintaining the look of a road car and the distinctive character of Type R.

The styling of the car is heavily linked to performance, with the Type R Concept clearly showing its credentials in the exterior design. Many of the styling features offer real performance benefits, in addition to aesthetics, as confirmed by feedback from prototype testing at the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife in Germany. The shape and angle of the stand-out rear spoiler, for example, has been designed to provide additional downforce, as a direct response to information gained through track testing. Additionally, the upper and lower front grilles have been enlarged and air outlets on the bonnet provide cooling for the high-output engine. The front and rear fenders have been widened to accommodate 20-inch tyres and air outlets are integrated to optimise airflow. When combined, these features deliver maximum cooling, greater grip and ultimately, optimum performance.

While further detail on performance is yet to be announced, Honda has confirmed that the forthcoming new Type R will be the first model in Europe to feature one of its brand new VTEC TURBO engines from the Earth Dreams Technology range. The two-litre, direct injection, four-cylinder turbo is expected to deliver class-leading output of at least 280PS and will be EURO 6 compliant. While turbo engines have not been seen in Honda's production cars in Europe for some time, Honda has continued to actively develop turbo technology on the race track and in other regions. Honda's successful return to WTCC in 2013, has been instrumental in gathering knowledge that has helped shape the new Type R, providing the development team with analysis and feedback on performance and styling collected from the track.

Honda is also using the 2014 Geneva Motor Show to showcase the powertrain layout of the next generation NSX, set to launch in 2015. Alongside this, Honda's next generation Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) Concept, makes its European debut at the show, with the company confirming for the first time that the production version will be on sale in Europe from early 2016.
By Sedge
CTRO Attendance List
  • EvoStu - Championship White FN2 with Dande in the boot
  • Superbully - Nighthawk Black EP3
  • Sedge - Milano Red FN2
  • ClaireD1985 - Satin Silver EP3
  • BrockJDM - Championship White EP3
  • Grubdip - Cosmic Grey EP3
  • R4SC4L - Nighthawk Black EP3
  • mattyswe1 - Satin Silver EP3
Guests not listed.
By Sedge
Dear Honda Civic Type R Owner,

You have registered to the #TypeR event in Spa-Francorchamps during the World Touring Car Championship.

Honda will be pleased to welcome you there for a great weekend and experience.

Please note: You will not receive any tickets at home.

Your package will be waiting for you at the Honda Welcome Centre: Route de Spa 155, 4970 Francorchamps, Belgium. Please refer to the map.

Honda Welcome Centre will be open on:
  • Friday 20th: from 10am to 6pm
  • Saturday 21st: from 8am to 6pm
  • Sunday 22nd: from 8am to 2pm

From there, you will have to follow the signage to reach your Honda Civic Type R parking, very close to the track. Your passes will grant you access to the Honda Civic Type R VIP zone during the whole weekend.

Your #TypeR experience includes:
  • Viewing the new Honda Civic Type R Concept car
  • Meeting the WTCC Honda racing Team drivers
  • Having VIP access to the race circuit
  • VIP parking
  • VIP access to Honda Civic Type R Owners’ area
  • Refreshments on Saturday
  • Refreshments & lunch on Sunday
  • The ultimate driving experience on parade track laps session (with safety cars) on Saturday, at 6pm
  • A get together drink after the Parade to meet all other Honda Civic Type R Owners across Europe
In addition to this fantastic weekend, we are inviting all Type R fans attending the VIP World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) weekend at Spa to take part in our Twitter competition. Simply Tweet images adding your location, of anything Type R on your way to Spa and whilst you’re there to #TypeR #WTCCSpa for your chance to win the ultimate Type R prize!
In order to register yourself on our Twitter competition for a chance to win the prize, you will also be required to confirm your twitter address when signing the driver disclaimer form for the exclusive parade lap around the world famous Spa Circuit on the Saturday afternoon.

For more information on how to take part in the competition and the details of the prize, please see http://vsl.vc/TypeRspa

We are looking forward to seeing you in Spa-Francorchamps! Have a safe trip to there.

The Honda Team

Download

Download
By ClaireD1985
You forgot Simon Brockwell.... he's paid up too
By ClaireD1985
Spa is about 3 and half hours drive from Calais. I've had a quick look and Euro tunnel appear to be out doing the ferries at the moment on prices. I've been quoted £60 return early out on the Saturday morning and late back on the Sunday night.

Generally the closer to the departure date the more the tunnel prices go up.

I can't leave until late on the Friday night but then I only live 20 minutes from the tunnel so I think I'm the last one to make the call on what time in the morning we leave.

I think camping had been suggested rather than hotel and I'll find some time to get prices on both.

Woop woop! :beer: :WOOT
By Cat
My OH showed some interest in this! *faints*

That was until I pointed out it was a parade lap at Spa and no he wouldn't get to drive the concept car, and that it would take about 12 hours to get there. :lol:

Enjoy guys and girls. I'm jealous!
By R4SC4L
ClaireD1985 wrote:Spa is about 3 and half hours drive from Calais. I've had a quick look and Euro tunnel appear to be out doing the ferries at the moment on prices. I've been quoted £60 return early out on the Saturday morning and late back on the Sunday night.

Generally the closer to the departure date the more the tunnel prices go up.

I can't leave until late on the Friday night but then I only live 20 minutes from the tunnel so I think I'm the last one to make the call on what time in the morning we leave.

I think camping had been suggested rather than hotel and I'll find some time to get prices on both.

Woop woop! :beer: :WOOT
I think the tunnel over the ferry is a good shout. Meet at / near Folkestone?
By ClaireD1985
It's probably best to either meet at Tescos at Junction 10 or Stop 24 at Junction 11. Chanel tunnel is 11a before you get to folkestone
By BrockJDM
Any update on the adding passengers scenario? The booking pages still won't allow me to do this.

Also I am planning to have a leisurely drive up on Friday so I don't have to rush, if anyone else is planning this let me know so we can convoy :)

Most likely staying here too: http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/belgium/l ... or-101744/

Less than €30 a night and it has a swimming pool!
By ClaireD1985
BrockJDM wrote:Any update on the adding passengers scenario? The booking pages still won't allow me to do this.

Also I am planning to have a leisurely drive up on Friday so I don't have to rush, if anyone else is planning this let me know so we can convoy :)

Most likely staying here too: http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/belgium/l ... or-101744/

Less than €30 a night and it has a swimming pool!
Looks good. I'm only going to be there 1 night; going for a 6.50am tunnel out on the Saturday morning and a 9pm tunnel back on the Sunday :sad: this is going to be seriously rushed but worth all the effort!

Oh and I might have a passenger seat going spare....... I'm not going to Le Mans, Olly's rapidly loosing the possibility of coming with me to Spa!
By Mark83
RSFN2GT wrote:The raddison blu palace is a favourite with Spa regulars :)
Yep. We stay at the Raddidon in Spa. Nice spa connected to the hotel which guests get a discount on.
By ClaireD1985
SparklyGem wrote:There's no rooms available for that weekend :sad:
Hardly any rooms available that weekend anywhere!

I've found this though Gem

Your going to have copy and paste link because even after 3 years I still can't work out how the hell I do it :bad-words: (Sedge / Stu - sort it out for me please)

By mattyswe1
Paid

Just what i need in my life

Does this mean that I am one of the lucky 200 or am I now in a lottery for the parade lap & honda goodness?

Cheers
By ClaireD1985
mattyswe1 wrote:Paid

Does this mean that I am one of the lucky 200 or am I now in a lottery for the parade lap & honda goodness?

Cheers
You're in. What id ref did it give you?
By mattyswe1
ClaireD1985 wrote:
mattyswe1 wrote:Paid

Cheers
You're in. What id ref did it give you?
erm would that be

Votre commande, numéro 57, est maintenant terminée?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]