The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
Right into run up week!

Meeting point as first post :wink:

I'm going to grab some stuff to rot your teeth - cans/crisps/chocolate etc. for your consumption this week. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Any queries and questions in run up please feel free to ask on here or PM me :bigthumb:

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :cool:

Please could all attendees PM me a mobile number to get you on on the day

Finally - Please can the following contact me by PM - Smiffi & Lee J
FYI to ALL attending, "on stand" and off.

http://www.japfest.co.uk/2014/05/05/tra ... fest-2014/
Please carefully read and follow instructions provided in your club information pack provided by your club secretary.

Allow plenty of time to get to Japfest, as routes around the circuit are going to be busy with both Japfest and Badminton Horse Trials traffic on 10th May. Gates will open to display cars at 06:00.

Remember to clearly display your hanging vehicle pass at all times when approaching and within Castle Combe Circuit, if your vehicle pass isn’t visible you will be directed into the public car park.

Wiltshire Police will be patrolling the event and the surrounding roadways throughout the day. They will be performing spot checks and monitoring speed so please drive carefully.

Read more: Traffic | Japfest 2014 http://www.japfest.co.uk/2014/05/05/tra ... z311oRwCGI
(You'll get your vehicle pass when you meet me at meeting point!)
Wiltshire Police wrote:The Police have asked us to put up the following statement regarding safe driving and their presence around the roads at Japfest.

Wiltshire Police are reminding motorists attending the Japfest event at Castle Combe race circuit on Saturday 10th May 2014 that Roads Policing Officers will be patrolling in both marked and unmarked vehicles. This will provide a visible reassurance that the area being patrolled to deter inconsiderate and unsafe driving practices which can only have a positive effect on those who reside or travel in the area.

Wiltshire Police are advising anyone attending the event to ensure that their vehicles are road legal and especially after the event where many vehicles have been used on the circuit.

Steve Cox
Inspector – Headquarters Response
Head of Roads Policing

Read more: Traffic | Japfest 2014 http://www.japfest.co.uk/2014/05/05/tra ... z311oaSpp0
dandemoraliser wrote:
Please could all attendees PM me a mobile number to get you on on the day

Finally - Please can the following contact me by PM - Smiffi & Lee J
Please can numbers be sent back to me for contact on the day! Even just a text to tell me who you are will be fine!
:bigthumb:
Ok guys the day before now,

Will see you in the morning with my brollies by the look of the weather but hey ho still looking forward to getting down. Please excuse me not meeting at the pre meet and prob being the last to arrive. will call you in the morning dan, the traffic will be poo so I'll let the mrs drive in and then I'll run ahead and grab my ticket.

Take care to all of those travelling down, olly
You'll need your ticket in run up to the event fella therefore you'll be directed to the public car park. You need to be there by 8am at the latest as you need to be in the event and parked by 930 at the latest.

Note also the badminton horse trials are on also and so local roads will be rammed. Suggest therefore in relation to this you try to make the rendezvous point as I will obviously endevour to meet you but I may struggle!!
People do need to understand how busy it gets, last year there was an accident on one of the entrance roads meaning the chippenham group, who met at the same place we are didn't make it in till gone 11!

The roads local to castle combe are mere single file roads not like approaching Silverstone, please therefore bear this in mind and make allowance in your travel plans!

I appreciate it's an early morning start but I myself don't live particularly close to the circuit and in previous years have had a 2.5 hour drive to get there meaning leaving at approx 4.30am. Some people (brenscivic) will be probably coming the furthest and will be leaving home around 3am......

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]