The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
By Cat
Yeah I know, I know! :roll:

However booking forms are now available, the layout is the same in 2013 as 2012 apparently and I just read this on the JAE FB page.

"Any booking received before 31 December 2012 there will be no Grandfather Rights - you can get whatever you want wherever you want. From 1 January 2013 Grandfather Rights apply So book soon to get first choice of plots."

So to those who were there this year ... what did you think of our plot in 2012?
Same again for 2013?

I know it was a bit out of the way from other clubs but tbh I quite like some peace and quiet. Plus it's relatively flat and the loos weren't that far away. Plus you get a good view nearby of the fireworks. :-D
I want to get in early as I'm fed up of getting moved about every year.

So, thoughts?
By SparklyGem
|Exactly as Cat posted.....I liked this years plot....close to the portaloos, not too bad for getting to the showers, bit out of the way but had decent sleep and as we were at the top we got a good view of the fireworks on the saturday.

I don't think we had as many people walking through the area as we did in 2012 either

And it needs to be easy enough for me to park in if I have to drive down again....my parking skills are absolutely rubbish! :shock:
By Sedge
I haven't had a problem with the last three plots I've been on.

2010... The Triangle. Ideal plot near everything but isolated from other stands. We had enough cars to make the plot look really good. Only downside was everyone using our camping ground as a walk way.
2011... Decent plot but a little too steep and not the best for showing off the cars, it had a small frontage.
2012... Good sized plot allowing good arrangement and segragation between cars, camping and drinking.
I'd say either 2010 or 2012 unless we want to move completely...

If you want early subs to put an order in you can have ours [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By SparklyGem
Sedge wrote:I haven't had a problem with the last three plots I've been on.

2010... The Triangle. Ideal plot near everything but isolated from other stands. We had enough cars to make the plot look really good. Only downside was everyone using our camping ground as a walk way.
2011... Decent plot but a little too steep and not the best for showing off the cars, it had a small frontage.
2012... Good sized plot allowing good arrangement and segragation between cars, camping and drinking.
I'd say either 2010 or 2012 unless we want to move completely...

If you want early subs to put an order in you can have ours [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I best get some more practice driving your car then :lol: :lol:
By Cat
SparklyGem wrote:I best get some more practice driving your car then :lol: :lol:
This! Gemma needs to drive your car more! :wink:

Sedge wrote:If you want early subs to put an order in you can have ours [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Cheers but I'll be ok to pay the £50 for plots just now. Depending on ticket sales I'll be able to claim some of it back at a later date. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Triangle will be traders again so looks like this year's plot is the one to go for.
By SparklyGem
Cat wrote:
SparklyGem wrote:I best get some more practice driving your car then :lol: :lol:
This! Gemma needs to drive your car more! :wink:
He will probably listen to you more than me lol!!!
By steve83
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:Brovilles plot will be right next door.
:salut:
By Sedge
I'll mention this now so I don't forget (and people can remind me). I should be able to get hold of some 230 to 110v inverter boxes so we can run the lighting from the quieter Honda gennie next year. There might also be a couple more site lights I can provide in addition to the ones we had this year. They might be pink though :???:
Cat wrote:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:Brovilles plot will be right next door.
So long as a bro can come and cook for us that'll be ok. :wink:
And bring steak :salut:
By sn:afu
I'll be there again next year.

I quite liked the plot for this year, plenty of space and the external car park wasn't too far away!
By Just Dirk
Cat wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:Dates confirmed then 5-8th sept :salut:
Dates changed to 12-15 Sept. :-|
Dickheads
By Cat
Just filling out the form to book CTRO's plots. Same place as last year. :-D

I'll be setting up a payment thread soon for tickets.
Also confirmed that we have support from Honda again so marquee & furniture etc all provided. :WOOT
By Just Dirk
Just Dirk wrote:
Cat wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:Dates confirmed then 5-8th sept :salut:
Dates changed to 12-15 Sept. :-|
Dickheads
So true!! Nobbers
By Cockpiss Analfist
Not shore if Eye will be in the lady garden then but If eye yam then will try and come down nomsupersaiyin?

Muz just change dates, it's like ages away anyway.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]