The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
As always CTRO & Honda always try to offer our members with days out to remember and this year is no exception.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9 Aug 2010

HONDA CELEBRATES TYPE R AT SILVERSTONE

• Type R owners celebration for Red H-badged cars
• Offer launched for new Type R buyers with savings of up to £2,230
• End of current Civic Type R sales in the UK

Honda is bringing together fans of its high performance Type R cars at a special event at Silverstone in August (21st/22nd).

The celebration of the famous 'Red H' badge coincides with the latest rounds of the British Touring Car Championship, featuring Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden in the Honda Racing Team. As well as watching the thrilling tin top racing on the Northamptonshire circuit, enthusiasts from the biggest Honda owners' clubs in the UK will get the chance to experience the track for themselves in a 'Lap of Honour' to commemorate the Type R. An exclusive Type R Only Car Park will also be available for those Honda drivers attending the event, and each attendee will be able to enjoy Honda’s ‘Dreamfields’ hospitality throughout the day.

The celebration at Silverstone also marks the news that UK sales of the current Civic Type R are drawing to a close. Production of the hot hatch for the UK market will end in October 2010, with sales ending during December, due to forthcoming Euro V emissions regulations.

To celebrate this we are holding an event at round 7 of the British Touring Car Championship, Silverstone on Sunday 22 August. The event is called 'Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in Association with Honda Type R Celebration'.

We would like you to run a competition that will gives our members the opportunity to bring their Type R to the BTCC at Silverstone on Sunday 22nd August, to take part in a special 'Lap of Honour' to celebrate the end of production of the Type R in the UK.

We have 10 places for our club and each of those 10 can bring a guest each. Not only will winners get to do a lap of honour in their Type R but will also get to park in an exclusive Type R only car park. Refreshments will be available for winners throughout the day.

Image Image

The competition will run from this evening, Monday 9th August through to end of Thursday 12th August.

Entrants should email [email protected] stating the following information:

Full Name:
Contact Telephone Number:
Contact Email:
Type R car details:
Forum: CivicType-R.co.uk

Also please copy the following statement into the email, after you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the competition before you enter.

"I agree to the terms & conditions set out in the entry regulations".

Winners will be drawn and notified on Friday 13 August. Tickets will be sent out by special delivery on Monday 16 August.

I think it's important to say only those NOT attending Dreamfields can enter.
Obviously we would like to give as many people as possible exposure to the event and Dreamfields guests will already have entry tickets etc.

Also as a result of the end of production Honda are offering some large savings that can be had on the end of line models. Details of which are below.

Honda Civic Type R Owners end of production offers.

Good luck everyone and get those entries in because its a short time frame.

Terms & Conditions.
There are 10 places available. The competition is open to all residents of the UK excluding employees of Honda (UK), Honda Motor Europe and their immediate families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.

All entrants must be over the age of 18. No purchase is necessary. Travel expenses, meals and other expenses incurred during the
event are not included. Winners must have fully comprehensive motor insurance to participate in the event. Entries must be submitted by sending a completed entry to hondatyperowners@spiderzone co.uk by midnight on Thursday 12 August. Only one entry per person.

Participants must have a valid email and postal address to participate. Winners will be picked by random from all eligible entries received and the judges? decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be notified
via email on 13th August 2010. Details and tickets will be sent by special delivery on Monday 16th August to the winners using the names and addresses as supplied on the entry form. No cash alternatives will be offered and the prize is non transferable and Honda (UK) reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equal or greater value in the event of the prize becoming unavailable.

The Promoter of this competition is: Honda (UK) 470 London Road Slough Berkshire SL3 8QY.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to take part in any promotional activity resulting from your win.

For the name of the winners send a SAE marked "Type R Lap of Honour" to the Promoter.

EvoStu wrote:I think it's important to say only those NOT attending Dreamfields can enter.
If we are at Dreamfields already do we get to drive around too? Already entered type of thing?
If not no worries, already got enough with the Dreamfields :lol:
Another good compo though, shame about the end of the range at this point in time :sad:
Sedge :thumbup:
EvoStu wrote:
Omi wrote:entered :cool:

Not good to see the Typr R range coming to an end now :sad:
Good stuff. Yeah I know, its admittance that EU Directive V has killed it off. :bigcry: :bad-words:
Does this mean they might still rpduce the R for outside Europe sales? Oz, Japan etc?
Sedge
Cat wrote:I'm guessing those already attending Dreamfields can join in?

Just realised I'll probably have left to drive home by the time they do this lap. :sad:
I'm not sure on this to be honest. I would hope so. :bigthumb:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]