The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tell everyone how great the last one was
By dandemoraliser
EvoStu wrote:
lomas6369 wrote:Any luck with the track footage stu?
Its about 2.5GB mate so am going to struggle to get it online.

EvoStu.
keep the full version for now and grab a snippet and post on youtube....;-)
By Gravy
I'm in bloody agony today! :shock:
The tops of my legs and shoulders ache like mad and I'm going golfing in a wee bit ... Nothing like a 4 mile walk to cure leg ache ... NOT!

I was trying soooo hard to be a good boy on the drive home, but by the time I had got off the motorway and onto the twisty roads, all good intentions went out the window :oops: ... I had to go that fast, officer ... my tea was ready! :lol:
By algreene
Gravy wrote:I'm in bloody agony today! :shock:
The tops of my legs and shoulders ache like mad and I'm going golfing in a wee bit ... Nothing like a 4 mile walk to cure leg ache ... NOT!

I was trying soooo hard to be a good boy on the drive home, but by the time I had got off the motorway and onto the twisty roads, all good intentions went out the window :oops: ... I had to go that fast, officer ... my tea was ready! :lol:

I was er.. behind you as we left hotel.. then caught you and the civics up.. Then you booted off and left us for dead..
By dave_g
I'd like to thank Stu, Honda, and anyone else involved in organising the day, had a great time and it was good to meet a few forum members.

Absolutely loved the s2000 and now want one very badly, although I think i'd like one with VSA. Awesome fun round the track and also took it out on the road, lovely car! I had mixed feelings about the FN2, wasn't that keen on the track, although driving it after the s2000 it always had its work cut out, but on the road it seemed quite well suited, engine was more flexible than the EP3 and also sounds better as standard in my opinion, but the build quality was suspect, dashboard was making more noises than my 5 year old EP3!!! Also took the Legend out on the road, comfy and quick.

Karting and ATV's were great fun, and provided a couple of funny moments, I think it was Mark who got his ATV stuck in the stream, and then when karting someone took out a few tyres which then gradually rolled into the path of another kart :-D
By lomas6369
dandemoraliser wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
lomas6369 wrote:Any luck with the track footage stu?
Its about 2.5GB mate so am going to struggle to get it online.

EvoStu.
keep the full version for now and grab a snippet and post on youtube....;-)
Iknow im pesterin,but whats the chance of a cd being made really need my footage of my first ever tracking experience. or any other ideas :thumbup:
By sh0cked
Guys absolutely amazing day!!

I am sorry I have not been able to get on here since but I was away on a course to Leeds pretty much as soon as I got back. I do wanna just pass on my thanks to Stu and Honda UK for a truely awesome day!

It's quite obvious for anyone who spent time around me that day I simply fell in love with those S2Ks I took the road car out twice and the track version I don't think the guys could get me out of it!! Simply Epic! I did have a go in the FN2 as I had never drove one on the track up until that point and I have to say I was utterly devistated. It simply does not meet up to the standard set by the EP3 or the DC2 I might even go as far as say in my eyes its unworthy of the 'Type-R' badge as its more of a Honda Civic Ghia? I could list my problems with it on the track but they have been covered by all you guys already!

The ATV's were amazing and when Mark got stuck in the stream I don't think I stopped laughing for a good 5 minutes watching him trying to bounce it out! The Tech demo's were fantastic I can't remember who was in the Jazz with me when we turned off VSC and I asked if I could have another go because I recovered it too quickly lol! and driving into the foam block... yeah I was definately not comfy with that one!

and that BTCC car jesus christ... thats not even a full fat BTCC car I really want to know what its like in an F1 car!! epic!

My only disapointments of the entire exp was:
1. Not having a bike licence to take out any of those superb looking machines!
2. Not drinking the previous night!.. although judging by a few faces the next morning that may of been one of my better ideas!
3. that bloody battery can't believe it never started the next morning lol!

Lomas.. Ill get my footage sorted out this weekend of your car im just mad busy till then! but I will sort it!

Thanks again guys was fantastic meeting you all and definately something we should do again soon! If any of you have got the trackday bug as well having had a taste now give me a PM and ill keep you informed on the forum of the next one im attending?
By Newannaive
twas good to meet you mate, never had such a good laugh with a sober dude.. :lol: :salut:

..and yes, it may have worked out to be quite a sound idea. :salut:

update on the trackday thingy sounds good. :thumbup:
By Sacrificial Pawn
EvoStu wrote:Everyone with regards to the charity donation. Did everyone pay? :scratch:

EvoStu.
Pretty sure Dandemoderator got everyone as we left the hotel at least.
By dandemoraliser
EvoStu wrote:Everyone with regards to the charity donation. Did everyone pay? :scratch:

EvoStu.
got everyone from the travelodge; Except the scots (late risers....) and people who met arrived at the circuit on the day
By EvoStu
dandemoraliser wrote:

EvoStu.
got everyone from the travelodge; Except the scots (late risers....) and people who met arrived at the circuit on the day
Did you get Sugarpuff's as well? He was hanging out with the TRO lot.

EvoStu.
By sh0cked
Newannaive wrote:twas good to meet you mate, never had such a good laugh with a sober dude.. :lol: :salut:
update on the trackday thingy sounds good. :thumbup:
LOL thanks for that .. I think lol! next time I reckon everyone will be drinking Lime and Soda with me :)

I will definitely keep everyone informed with the trackdays I reckon the next one I might do will be Cadwell Park around July time but more details when I know :)

And yeah I dropped a blank cheque off with Dande
By Kenny
dandemoraliser wrote:

EvoStu.
Yeah I just posted in the mods bit about that, wondered why no one asked me for cash :lol:

PM me details of who to send a cheque to :thumbup:
By sh0cked
superbully wrote:
sh0cked wrote: And yeah I dropped a blank cheque off with Dande
i'm looking after that now - should pay for my S2000 :lol:
Im ringing Barclays as I type to cancel it! You best be quick!
By dandemoraliser
EvoStu wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:

EvoStu.
Did you get Sugarpuff's as well? He was hanging out with the TRO lot.

EvoStu.
as above, only those that stayed in the Premier inn (minus the scots)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]