The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By SeasideR
Hi guys, what cams people using in the new shape civics & where are you mounting ?
The screen layout seems not suited & after much deliberation i bought one only to find it was a waste of time because of that huge plastic shroud round the mirror & dimples on the glass basically making the only place i can put it being in my direct line of vision ffs :Mad:
By Loxy
Thinkware F750 with rear camera option.

Sticky pad mounted on the passenger side about 4" down from the top of the windscreen and 1.5" to the left of the plastic housing behind the mirror, basically just where the edge of the wiper cuts across.

You can't see it sat normally in the drivers seat.

Hardwired it using the hardwire power lead to a self wired/crimped OEM connector into the option connector on the internal firebox. 12v constant for park mode and 12v switched on ignition to start normal continuous recording when moving. Tidy job, better than fuse splitters IMHO.
By SeasideR
thanks for the pic mate, i def need to look for a long thin one instead ,
bugger as the Mrs just got it for my birthday but not even sure it'll fit in her mazda3 as they have a big nasty cowl round the mirror too with pimpled glass just like the FK

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]