The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Collister
I'm looking at fitting a cage in my ep3 as I'm planning on tracking and hill climbing it.
Has anyone fitted one to their ep3 any pics or recommendations I have and a quick look at safety devices site.
Ideally I'd like on that doesn't required the dash cutting
By Bishop
Im also looking at buying a bolt in cage atm too, im looking at the omp 6 point, although from what iv seen this will require some dash cutting around the vents.
From people iv spoke to, the dash dodgers dont offer as much protection for your legs.
If i want to return the car to standard again ill just put a used dash back in.

Also the omp cage is much cheaper than the safety devices cage. All the omp cage needs is a harness bar and tunnel brace.
By Lewisgame
Weld in cages can't really be done at home unless you're a fabricator with a decent welder. A poorly welded cage will be weaker and more dangerous than a bolt in cage fitted correctly.
By gatecrasher3
The full Safety Devices cage fits without the need to cut the dash I have one fitted myself along with several other on here. Whether it meets the regulations that may be required for the events you want to run in I am not sure.

Rob at Area Motorsport supplies and fits them so it may be worth giving him a call.
By Collister
I ended up going all out and sending the car to SW Motorsports for a welded in multipoint cage

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]