The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Buick7
Anyone help me in how to change this?! How to fit my new one?!

Honestly no idea how to do it! Here's my photos

Would love some advice on this one

ImageImage
By N77
As there is not normally one on them then it's a bit hit and miss with anything like that.

Perhaps put some lubricant to help get it on oooeeerrr lol
By mjhamilton
Also take the console off first

Push both seats forward
Undo two screws on each side at the lower rear
Lift it out of the way

As above just use something like fairy on the brake lever to help this slide over
By Buick7
jack1991 wrote:Post a pic of it fitted on please mate im thinking of getting one.
Does it fit well too?
Does it slide off and stuff aswell?
I'll get one tomorrow for you mate!

Bit of a bugger and a fiddle to get on but it's well worth it! Mine matches the seat trim and looks great! Doesn't come off atall! I worked out that you can remove a bolt and the whole centre console where the handbreak is lifts up and makes it a lot easier to pull it right down!

Will post photos tomorrow though mate and I'm happy to help if you need any assistance haha
By jack1991
Cool thanks man

I've been debating for a while now whether to get one of these handbrake and gear stick gaiters, not sure whether to get it in leather or suede/alcantara. My handbrake button paint is starting to flake off though which is annoying, thinking it wont do a new gaiter justice lol.
By Buick7
Sorry mate totally forgot to take pics! Defo will tomorrow!
I'd say you should, looks alot better even just with a new gaiter! I got alcantra one and I got a gear knob gaiter aswell as a new gear knob and its makes such a big improvement!
By jack1991
Cool no worrys man.

Is yours not a leather one? It looks leather in the first pics you posted?

If you got your gear stick and handbrake gaiter fitted, a pic of both would be cool if you can mate just so i can see em together. Ah yeh with a new gear knob too bet it looks sweet! Ive had my eye on tegiwa shifter bushes, short shifter and a skunk2 knob, along with the new gaiters. I want to do it all in one go though so i dont end up snapping any clips from removing and fitting too much lol. Been waiting for someone to do the gaiters first though so i can see, thats when your thread popped up haha.
By Buick7
Got it off eBay mate and genuinely just pulls over the gearstick as it is with a bit of force! Then tucks in down the bottom and it's tight enough to not come off or move!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]