The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Rambo
right ive done a search and i know DC5 rails and Premier rails will work, i have a recaro seat but cant find any rails to fit it to my EP3, not sure what its out of, i think an evo of some sort.

Question is do any other rails work except the dc5 rails or premier rails as i cant find any anywhere!

this is the seat in question that i want to fit into the drivers side at the moment.

Any help, links or advice is appreciated.
By SeanEP3
Ive got a Bride, super low rail that was originally for a DC5, modded to fit the EP3 which I ran for a few years before going to a pair of prem rails.
By Rambo
SeanEP3 wrote:Ive got a Bride, super low rail that was originally for a DC5, modded to fit the EP3 which I ran for a few years before going to a pair of prem rails.
Was they modded like you do the normal DC5 rails by making the holes slightly longer? £220 is abit steep though for a rail dont you think
By SeanEP3
Yeah I had to have the bottom of the rail extended to fit, and then use washers and a longer bolt to secure it. Worked well though.

Yeah £220 is well expensive for a rail.

Mine works fine, but is a bit stiff to slide back and forth, not sure if the runners need a good grease or just a good clean up of the bearings etc, but if you are interested, drop me a pm

Sean
By Rambo
SeanEP3 wrote:Yeah I had to have the bottom of the rail extended to fit, and then use washers and a longer bolt to secure it. Worked well though.

Yeah £220 is well expensive for a rail.

Mine works fine, but is a bit stiff to slide back and forth, not sure if the runners need a good grease or just a good clean up of the bearings etc, but if you are interested, drop me a pm

Sean
Dropped you a pm mate :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]