The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
Just a quick thread to tell people who I am as I am sure most have seen my adverts on ebay, I joined here when I used to own a EP3 and used to advertise here until around 3 years ago. I have had a few Honda since the EP3 which was a CRZ, FN2 and now a Civic Tourer. Well back in 2008 there was a group buy here for JDM stuff and one of the options was a green footwell kit but this was very expensive at around £90, being an electrician I thought I could do better so sourced some LED and basically spent around 3-4hours locating the power circuit under the dash to make the footwell lights illuminate with the interior light in the middle. Posted picture here and basically got ripped as something new and people thought it looked chavy at the time but soon people were asking me to make them kits.

6 Years later now a registered ebay business seller and my product has evolved a lot from my basic fitting instructions to now a Haynes style step by step fitting guide and if you are good with things like this then with my guide you should fit my kit in under 15 minutes using only a screwdriver and pliers, yes its that easy. Around 18 months ago I looked at improving the quality of the kit so have now stopped making this my self and now have all my kits made in the same factory in China as the LED. I have also moved on to many different cars that all come with the same style fitting instructions but obviously they are written especially for the car they are sold for and these cars are

EP3 / 7G Civic's
FN2 / 8G Civic's
9G Civic's
CRZ
DC5
Fiesta MK6
Fiesta MK7
Fiat 500
BMW Mini MK1
Audi TT MK1
Corsa C
Corsa D

Obviously along the way you get the copy cat sellers who claim you can do this and do that and it comes with instructions but I assure you my instructions are the real deal and not a piece of paper that tells you to remove the CD player and wire your strips to a 12 volts supply. Yes I may be a little more expensive but you buy a complete product that is tried and tested with a proven track record and and a 1 year warranty that is worth something.

Please feel free to check out my ebay store £19.99 delivered with a Haynes style fitting instructions http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lighting?_rdc=1

Click the photo below for a video of these working

Last edited by RickHondaR on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By iceman
does ep3 kit have plug like oem optional kit so can just plug into relevant connector (guessing that's how oem kit fits ?)
By NPyke
Have seen these before on eBay, I don't suppose any white LED's are going to be in the pipeline?
By RickHondaR
iceman wrote:does ep3 kit have plug like oem optional kit so can just plug into relevant connector (guessing that's how oem kit fits ?)
Sorry no it does not as I can not source a plug and if I could I would assure you the extra costs would more than double the price
By RickHondaR
NPyke wrote:Have seen these before on eBay, I don't suppose any white LED's are going to be in the pipeline?
If people buy and message me on ebay I can supply white if requested
By Wullie_trd
Fitted one of these kits last night, great stuff and instructions excellent. Had to buy more scotch locks though as I'm a bit clumsy and dropped the ones provided down the back of the plastic trim lol
By RickHondaR
Wullie_trd wrote:Fitted one of these kits last night, great stuff and instructions excellent. Had to buy more scotch locks though as I'm a bit clumsy and dropped the ones provided down the back of the plastic trim lol

Glad you sorted it out ok and liked my kit :wink:
By DanT
I've been looking at these..is there an option to wire them into a switch so they can be turned on/off as required?
By RickHondaR
Glad you like them and with the repeat custom it shows how good my product is :-D on the downside a guy has copied most of my products on ebay and makes a lot of claims how this can work then says it comes with instructions, what I will tell you all is my mate bought some for us to look at and his instructions basically tell you in 200 words that the LED need to be wired to a 12volt supply and good luck where as my instructions are 100% spot on the car sold for as I have fitted them on this car then wrote the instructions based on this. The other thing he does is sell you 50cm for each footwell which is way to long for you to have anywhere to stick this to get it secure plus the fact if he needs 50cm of his LEDs to get the effect I can get with 15cm then that says it all along with the fact he also used my FN2 photo in his adverts which I had to get eBay to remove.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]